Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Beacon of Immotality counts "gain life"??

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
rockshard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your life total increases that is considered gaining life.
ANEURYSM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changes in life totals are treated as life gains (increases) or losses (decreases).

research ftw.
rockshard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I meant. X(
Eldar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain of Gore doesn't work with beacon like that flores already tried that until he was told otherwise.
yho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beacon + rain of bore = dead?
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Rain of Gore doesn't work with beacon like that flores already tried that until he was told otherwise.

Florez tried to use that on his opp but he's saying if player 1 uses beacon and player 2 uses rain of gore will player player 1 be pwnt.... the answer is yes
Arathomir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Oracle:

7/15/2007 Beacon of Immortality's effect counts as life gain (or life loss, if the life total was negative) for effects that trigger on or replace life gain (or life loss).

It's official...
Arathomir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You apparently shouldn't use your first post for a wrong answer. Rain of Gore affects both players, so if either player were to gain life in any way, they'd lose life instead.

The only time Rain of Gore won't affect Beacon of Immortality is when the player has negative life, which either means they have Platinum Angel or a Lich in play. Either way, there's no good reason to make your life even more negative...
aldaryn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arathomir is wrong. Rain of Gore requires that you control the ability. You can't beacon your opponent and make them lose life with Rain of Gore, but it happens if you beacon yourself.

Another example, when I first got back in the game, my opponent played Rain of Gore, and I condemned his Sol'kanar. He took 5...but he wasn't supposed to.
Arathomir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably should have been clearer. What Sup3rm4n (god I hate leet speak) said, or as I interpreted it, was that the Rain of Gore has to be controlled by the opponent for you to lose life, which is incorrect.

I should also add that I don't suggest playing Grove of the Burnwillows with Rain of Gore in play, as it won't do what you want it to do.
aldaryn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you are saying. Sorry for my rudeness there!
ANEURYSM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain of Gore doesn't affect players gaining life from someone else's spell or ability. To put it extremely simply.
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a post for some casual players Beacon of immorality + false cure = gG (Btw both instants so the can both be fetched with Mystical Teachings), could be fun in an Control Deck as an win Condition(maybe add also a gigadrowse for Control Mirror Smile )
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain of Gore only acts on life gain you give yourself. If someone else lets you gain life Rain of Gore does not intervene.

It only turns Stream of Life into a Fireball if you're stupid enough to use it on yourself.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2