Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Magic-League player ever

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Who is the best magic-league player of all times?
Arcanis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gorky
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
SL|RedDemon
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
BTape (Ryan Cimiera)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Thalai
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
pG
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Stalin
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
JuelienN
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
otto (see http://www.magic-league.com/coverage/?mode=view&profile=8)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Another guy
40%
 40%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 57

snoopster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for myself, because I am clearly better than everyone else.
Ancient

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am i not on this poll? I am obv the sexiest and best player ever. Y0u $hould @11 f3@r my p0w3r.
Hedges

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was highest ranked for awhile when Julien was playing ALOT ; ). Then he passed me by alot and I never caught back up =[.

90% of the kids on ur list dont belong there. Another 80% do belong on ur list.

Leto = Garbiel Nassif. He and his roomate play around here jokingly eveyr once and awhile. I swear ;p.

LIST OF GOOOD KIDS ( No Order)
PV
JulienN
KaloGozer
Roelof
MW|CORE
Djinn
Dev
Dzy
Mogg
Trabanino
Stalin
Nold
Silvos
Wyern
KyleH
El_Cabong
BTape
ima1 (=[)
SL|Reddemon
Lone ( WHO IS NOT TIM HE)
Thalai
Otto

All these kids have been successful on this league. I honestly couldnt tell you whos best. Core and Wyern are both AMAZING. They prob deserve the most respect. Thalai and PV both deserve some too. Oh and JulienN is still cute even if hes that arrogant ;p. I remember he being a lucky little kid on the league but he was coool ; ).

And BTAPE is only on the list cuz hes T8 a PT and is the biggest pimp ever OBV. I think everyone saw his myspace he had before everyone saw ti and made fun of him ; ). PIMP ryan PIMP
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets redo this poll with Ima1's list bar Ima1.
Ultrapro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Cimera doesn't even belong on the second page of a list like this. Even during that PT that he t8'd he made infinite mistakes ALL the time. Gadiel Szleifer isn't going to go out of his way to bash your misplays in an article for no reason.
Scratchy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: me obv Reply with quote

How can people forget about somebody like me?
Obv i belong there, too!
Didnt play for ages, but im still top ranked, and if you take a look at modo, im in teh friggin hall of champions there, so i should be on the list obv.
Not that I care........
ant900

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djinn is there
JPirk87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Isn't it obvious Reply with quote

I personally am sickened that BTape was included on this list as i truthfully believe that I am a much superior player. Not because i have a top 8, simply because i do not play as much IRL tourney magic. Djinn is an obvious inclusion and personally i have a lot of respect for MW Core, he for one is a superb player and builder.
gorky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Sorry, but it pisses me off when scrubs talk trash Reply with quote

I obviously am not the best player to have ever played in the league, but any person who bashes me and says I dont belong on the list is probably full of crap.

First off, no pro players play seriously in this league. They all play magic-online. Some pros may have played when they are starting, but quit when they became good. Im not saying this to bash the league. It is simply fact. I am nowhere near as good as JulienN, but i am probably alot better than he was when he was playing in this league.

I am by no means a pro, but I have a 1970ish rating irl and I have made at least $1000 in tournament winnings each year for the past few years. I have never made a serious attempt to become a pro tour player (the costs of travelling are too much for someone who is unlikely to win a PT), but I am more than capable of qualifying for the pro tour and I have competed at the (US) national level . Unless you can at least claim a comparable accomplishment then you have no reason to run your mouth about me.

The point is that the best players in this league are simply non-pros who are in most cases in a similar situation to me. I dont play magic-online because it is rediculous to pay retail prices for virtual cards. In terms of magic-league accomplishments, I have won a master, made 2nd in a master (last 2 I have played in), and made top 4 of a master. While that may not make me the best of all time, I think it at least makes me worthy of being on the list. Razz

I agree that certain deserving ppl have also been left out of the list. Draco429385r9390385something should clearly be there. Smile
snoopster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm better than a few players on the list, but no where near as good as JulienN, which shows how big the gap is. And what is Djinn's irl name?
Sandler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thalai+Otto and maybe julienN>everyone else

lol
arcanis

lol
pg
PV
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Blimey, how did I miss that?

@Ultrapro & others: I haven't seen Btape playing, so I can't really talk about him, but the fact that he made ONE mistake that was NOT a wrong choice but wrong understanding of the rules and MOSTLY EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE MADE doesn't make him a bad player at all. The first time I did it, I made the VERY same mistake. He just got unlucky that his first time was at the pro tour t8, whereas mine was worth almost nothing. Gadiel is an arrogant prick, he bashes everyone. Him doing ot doesn't mean ryan is bad by any means.

I honestly don't know who is the best player to ever play on this league. Julien is obviously awesome, even though I dont remember playing him. I know core is very good - I remember the first time I played him, and he was the first player to impress me on my whole life. I don't think I've been that impressed by someone's playing thus far. Maybe I was worse back them, but I respect him a lot as a player.

Thalai is also very very good

Wyern is probably good, even though I've never played him

I am also pretty good myself, thank you, and I'm absurdly disappointed for not being included Wink

Djinn, this is best player poll, not who can play most ravagers at nationals.poll !
valocks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: ................................. Reply with quote

this pool is rediculous
RThomas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been topics in the past about this matter. Nothing has changed. Use the search function.

Closed.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3