Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RELENTLESS RATS!!!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the one copies of Final Punishment and Thrashing Wumpus. You could replace them easily by a 2nd and 3rd copy of Patriarch's Bidding (but I wouldn't put 3 copies of that.. I think 2 would be enough). So you could add another Relentless Rats

I don't like the 4 Swarm of Rats. They are useless, since they have no abilities and defense of only one. I would replace them probably by Ravenous Rats or something like that.

Braispoil is really useless. Why transmute for something that you already have about 20 copies of that ? wtf

I would play a tutor (like diabolic tutor or whatever) to make the counterspell guy wastes a counterspell (or about that) to let your Thrummming Stone resolves (good luck with that with a spell that costs 5)

and Urza's Factory ? er no : you will NEVER go to 7- 8 lands, plus it WILL screw your manacurve, even if you play urborg (other players play it too, btw) -> you are running FOUR Scrying Sheets, FOUR Mouth of ronom and 2 scrying sheets. Maybe 1 or 2 swarmyard but even then...

and err... Damnation, maybe ?

Other than that (and it's a lot), it's kind of good
D0ODIEPWN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainspoil gets thrumming stone not rats. it also gets final punishment, wumpus and bidding. The point of the deck is thrumming stones+relentless rats so:

-4 swarm + 4 relentless
-1 punishment + 1 bidding
-1 brainspoil -1 wumpus + 2 no rest for the wicked
Headbanger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extirpate = GG?
D0ODIEPWN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually play casual but i thought this deck would be fun i didnt know people played extirpate or damnation in casual its not t2.
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headbanger wrote:
Extirpate = GG?

yes, that is why I put dreadship reef maindeck and Willbender sideboard Wink
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0ODIEPWN wrote:
I don't usually play casual but i thought this deck would be fun i didnt know people played extirpate or damnation in casual its not t2.

Well, I tested it in an actual T2 games and it's actually quite good.

I prefer Diabolic Tutor over Brainspoil, you don't really need Thrumming Stone in the deck, but it's really good when it's out. The Relentless Rats are so annoying since they are boosting themselves (and they are kind of big too just with two of them out) that s' why you don't really need Thrumming Stone, but you obviously need them.

I play Damnation to get out of tigth situations and I play Cruel Edit and Ravenous Rats, just for having an effect. the only problem, it'S kind of slow and a bit weak to counterspells, but if you play well, you can win.

A surprisingly good and annoying deck !
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a relentless rats deck I find Desperate Research to be an awesome card. You can draw an awesome number of rats with it, the problem however is usually finding out a way to get enough mana to cast them all.
bgalb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play mortal combat in case some1 damnation your rats
Magx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc wrote:
In a relentless rats deck I find Desperate Research to be an awesome card. You can draw an awesome number of rats with it, the problem however is usually finding out a way to get enough mana to cast them all.

it's a real good card in this deck... in casual or extended format... I'm talking T2
Magx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgalb wrote:
play mortal combat in case some1 damnation your rats

I thought of it, but it's too slow.. really... and plus : even if he plays Damnation, he kills his creatures and I got two or three rats and my hand and will probably draw one the next turn or the turn after that... so, no need for Mortal Combat, even if it's a good idea...at first glance
D0ODIEPWN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas! I'd play 4 ravenous Rats and was thinking about Slaughter Pact/Terror/Tendrils if you want to make it good in T2
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Thrumming Stone and Relentless Rats are now in T2, so why not try making it a legitimate Standard deck instead of just adding 5 Legacy/Extended cards? Or, add Aether Vial which is legal in Legacy.

Just because it's Casual doesn't mean you have to avoid using really good cards. If they fit the theme, use 'em.
Magx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Both Thrumming Stone and Relentless Rats are now in T2, so why not try making it a legitimate Standard deck instead of just adding 5 Legacy/Extended cards? Or, add Aether Vial which is legal in Legacy.

Just because it's Casual doesn't mean you have to avoid using really good cards. If they fit the theme, use 'em.

If you could read, you would have see that I said that I made it T2
Magx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0ODIEPWN wrote:
Good ideas! I'd play 4 ravenous Rats and was thinking about Slaughter Pact/Terror/Tendrils if you want to make it good in T2

Slaugther Pact is a good idea... but I'm not sure with only 8 kill spells if it's enough... that is why I put Damnation. Especially with goyf that runs Mystic Enforcer, Saffi AND whirling dervish in sideboard

I m not sure about tendrils.... I think it s too slow, you don'T need to gain life in this deck

2 or 3 Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth could be good though, btw...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1