Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dredges new toy POST10th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
toguppy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: dredges new toy POST10th Reply with quote

Goblin Lore....

post ideas and discuss, I'm very interested to see how powerful this card could be inside of a dredge deck.
As dredge is now the only real combo deck viable in the t2 format with DS gone(I'll miss you seething song.... Naaaaaaahhht!!! Laughing ) i for one am interested to see if it can be competitive too.

*note: Project X isnt combo, its aggro control with combo back up.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play dredge right now and the ability of goblin lore certainly is powerful but its mana cost leaves much to be desired. Dredge decks are already BUG and to add red would make things too inconsistant. You could take out one of the other colors however because the dredge mechanic is Green and Black, you would have to take out Blue. THe problem with this is the simple power of Narcomeba and Magus are much more powerful and consistant than Goblin Lore.
HdH_Cthulhu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could skip green! You dont need green!
DragonBuster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Zombie Infestation for black? That's coming back, too, as far as the spoiler says.
Thorns

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonBuster wrote:
What about Zombie Infestation for black? That's coming back, too, as far as the spoiler says.

And where exactly do you see this? The last card for black is Vampire Bats.

HdH_Cthulhu wrote:
You could skip green! You dont need green!

And lose one of the win conditions? Grave-troll is too good of a dredger and beater to skip by, sorry. Plus, green gives you tools like Krosan Grip and Putrefy.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it isn't.. o.o;

Gemstone Mine/Caverns support it just fine, by the way.
Salsa_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It simply doens´t fit.
The new toy for dredge is Reya, for sure, not goblin lore.
DragonBuster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:
DragonBuster wrote:

And where exactly do you see this? The last card for black is Vampire Bats.

Meh. I went and checked the MTGSalvation spoiler, and it wasn't in there, either. I honestly have no idea why I might've thought that card came back, then. o.0 I coulda sworn I saw it in a spoiler somewhere...=(
HUNGTACTICS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea.. i think mine could help this problem a lot
Lackeos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredge is better off not playing red.
toguppy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heya engrishkill Very Happy lol ouch i was wondering if any1 would say something Very Happy hehehe apparently they did.

im personally testing a ubr dredge atm with glimpse, goblin lore, and magus atm to power out turn 3 wins. The biggest boon here is that there are additional discard outlets now available in the deck due to goblin lore.
Green is not required asides from a splash of gemstone mines. and with the amount of creatures hitting graveyards early these days its best not to rely on bridge for the win. I personally am not running zealot allthough i am running 4 bridge which removes the ability of 1 mogg fanatic or saffi from ruining your day.
Shivan1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goblin lore early is like marginal - but mid-late game it says "1R: Dredge like 20+ cards"... that's just insanely good.
JPirk87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Px Reply with quote

I've been playing project x for months, even before FS and have had alot of success with it and have also Q'ed for nats on the back of it. Those who say that people go for the combo are almost all wrong. Your main wins come from heiarchs, card advantage and wish for answers. Crypt champions are very often even played for with red to return confidants and aggro control players.

-Bouncy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2