Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Post Xth) Gro-a-zoo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: (Post Xth) Gro-a-zoo Reply with quote

been testing this alot recently and had some great results with it at my local shop and some online.

4x Tarmogoyf
4x Quiron Dryad
4x Mogg fanatic
4x Watchwolf
4x Troll Ascetic

4x Rift Bolt
4x Seal of fire
3x Char
4x Lightning Helix
3x Chromatic star

4x Horizon Canopy
3x temple garden
3x stomping ground
3x sacred foundry
2x terramorphic expanse
2x Forest
2x plains
3x mountain

SB:
3x dodecapod
3x krosan grip
3x whilring dervish
3x pull from eternity
3x loxodon warhammer

please do test this deck, dryad and goyf are MVP's!!
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

normaly all rogue decks are bad, but this one seems really good, nj !
PsyK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems better as just rg with scab clan mauler instead of watchwolf. That said i havn't tested, maybe horizon canopy is awesome
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creatures:
4-Tarmogoyf
4-Troll Ascetic
4-Quirion Dryad
4-Watchwolf
4-Mogg Fanatic

Enchantments:
4-Seal of Fire

Instants:
4-Char
4-Lightning Helix
4-Incinerate

Sorceries:
4-Rift Bolt

Land:
4-Stomping Ground
4-Sacred Foundry
4-Temple Garden
3-Karplusan Forest
3-Gemstone Mine
2-Horizon Canopy

Sideboard:
3-Pithing Needle
3-Saffi Eriksdotter
3-Loxodon Hierarch
3-Manabarbs
3-Krosan Grip

I thought of almost the exact same thing however this build is fit better and is faster. Also the sideboard isn't janky and built as if you were playing tsp block. However, I didn't want to bring too much attention to the deck as I may have had some friends surprise nats with it. Thanks for spoiling it even though I didn't expect it to stay hidden for long.
rockshard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I want to play this.

But I also wonder if Scab-Clan can replace Watchdog and then Lightning Helix can be replaced by.. I dunno Shock, or a creature. If anything is to be even gained by removing white.

But I'd play this as is. And points for using Gemstone Mine.
Shivan1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea eldar surprise nats with a deck that runs zoo creatures, burn, quirion dryad (obvious synergy), and tarmogoyf (best card in TPF block). That's so surprising... Rolling Eyes
therooster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... part of why tarmogoyf is good in an aggro deck is it has synergy for cards in the yard at any point in the game. You can play him turn 2 and he will grow from there, but even if you draw one on turn 10, he will still get those bonuses.

Playing a dryad on turn 2 will grow to a 4/4 by turn... 5? and thats assuming you get good followups from there (aka not trolls, goyfs or more dryads). Drawing a dryad on turn 10 though is quite crappy :/
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shivan - I never said no one would think of it. What I said is I was hoping no one would realize that zoo still had potential even though it is losing a few key cards. Normally when people post they give some helpful advice but it seems that you are oblivious to that fact keep up the useless comments they help us greatly.

rockshard - I guess you could for the sake of the manabase but to be honest if you have 2 different lands at any point in time you almost always have all 3 colors so that is highly irrelevant. You will have times when mauler is a 1/1 and it really sucks that you can't bloodthirst him. In all honest opinion with dstorm in the environment white was needed to race and keep pace with them but now without seething song you may be able to get around it. However the great thing about splashing white is you have the advantage when it comes to agro matches especially after board. The board is geared towards more white to help against combo/control.

I'm not quite sure yet if I am sold on this list yet but I will see how it works out. I think 4 troll may be too many seeing as the deck likes to curve out at 2 but only time will tell there. Some other possibilities could involve greater gargadon against tendrils/agro heavy metagames and/or inclusion of scab-clan mauler and scorched rusalka you really need more 1 drops to make mauler more effective. You could also go a more white heavy version running boom/bust or edge of autumn with flagstones and top off the deck with perhaps serra avengers like in tsp block but that seems slower.
rockshard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can't have any less creatures.

What about Scab-Clan then in place of Troll? Also, that will pump Quirion Dryad.

Or Sulfur Elemental but I don't get the point of that card.

There's also Burning-Tree Shaman. Isn't it at least straight up better than Troll? or...
Thorns

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockshard wrote:
Well you can't have any less creatures.

What about Scab-Clan then in place of Troll? Also, that will pump Quirion Dryad.

Or Sulfur Elemental but I don't get the point of that card.

There's also Burning-Tree Shaman. Isn't it at least straight up better than Troll? or...

Are you underrating Troll Ascetic? Have you ever played with/against it? Do you realize how hard it beats? Do you realize it's practically impossible to get rid of it? Burning-Tree Shaman is hardly anywhere near Troll level because Char, Sudden Death, Slaughter Pact and Terror get rid of it. Unfortunately, none of them work against Troll.

You should play Scorched Rusulka, she basically makes your creatures into somewhat less powerful Fanatics, but good nonetheless.
Bozo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll ascetic doesn't seem that great in this deck. He's just a random 3/2 guy and he's hard on your mana. He doesn't pump Dryad. He doesn't make another one of himself for 3G (CotH). He doesn't shut down Sacred Mesa, Martyr of Sands, or Evade Counterspells and come in EoT after a WoG (Sulfur Elemental). He can't block opposing 3/x dorks without paying 2 every turn (BTS).

On the flip side, he is very good against any non WoG removal, just don't act like Troll is a super duper all star auto include with no other option even coming close.

Btw, Zoo deck looks fine, but a lack of 1 drops (Lions, Ape) make me wonder if Zoo is any better than Gruul.
rockshard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Thorn I am no stranger to Troll. But I even remember when it was new and there were articles talking about how it was overrated. (maybe something to do with Mirrodin block R/G deck? dont remember) But I get what you're saying.

Although likewise, Bozo made Sulfur Elemental, Call of the Herd, and Burning Tree Shaman sound really good too. (completely forgot about Call of the Herd)

In that case if not this list I would also love to play a R/G deck replacing Watchdog with Scab-Clan and running Terramorphic Expanse. Then replacing Troll and Helix with any two of the following: Troll, Sulfur, BTS, and maybe Giant Solifuge.

Anyway I think it's highly, highly redundant to run Mogg Fanatic and Scorched Rusalka in the same deck.

If you like Rusalka so much, you know what I would do? Cut Mogg Fanatic altogether. In fact, now that I mention it, I'm considering doing just that.
Thorns

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozo wrote:
Troll ascetic doesn't seem that great in this deck. He's just a random 3/2 guy and he's hard on your mana. He doesn't pump Dryad. He doesn't make another one of himself for 3G (CotH). He doesn't shut down Sacred Mesa, Martyr of Sands, or Evade Counterspells and come in EoT after a WoG (Sulfur Elemental). He can't block opposing 3/x dorks without paying 2 every turn (BTS).

On the flip side, he is very good against any non WoG removal, just don't act like Troll is a super duper all star auto include with no other option even coming close.

Btw, Zoo deck looks fine, but a lack of 1 drops (Lions, Ape) make me wonder if Zoo is any better than Gruul.

Good points. I think it basically comes down to personal taste/choice and the metagame. I prefer him to Elemental, but would run him alongside Call of the Herd. My favorite is Burning-Tree Shaman just because I love the card so much, but I still think Troll is superior to him.
Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gong straight gruul means smaller dryads. this deck was designed to beat gruul and control. i agree with more 1 drops, savannah lions must be added....
ant900

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

savannah lions isn't in 10th
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2