Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tough picks in Tpf draft

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Hank333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Tough picks in Tpf draft Reply with quote

I drafted this deck on the Draft Simulator at brainburst.com. It was one of the better drafts i've seen in a long while. It started out with Desolation Giant and i forced RW... After the first TSP pack i felt like it was a fairly weak start. Then i Opened the next pack it was Torchling vs Pyrohemia. I picked Pyrohemia. Then the future sight pack started out Tarox, bladewing vs Ghostflame. I picked Ghostfalme over Tarox because i didn't have much burn and Tarox is RRR. Would you make the same choice? and the curve on this deck is excellent, and the land count should be 8 and 8, but i mis clicked while adding land. I wish this deck was for a real draft.

Would you make the same picks?

1 Benalish Cavalry
1 Blade of the Sixth Pride
1 Bonesplitter Sliver
1 Cautery Sliver
1 Desolation Giant
1 Goldmeadow Lookout
2 Homing Sliver
1 Knight of Sursi
1 Lymph Sliver
1 Poultice Sliver
1 Quilled Sliver
1 Sinew Sliver
1 Two-Headed Sliver
1 Zealot il-Vec

1 Boom/Bust
1 Fury Charm
1 Ghostfire
1 Judge Unworthy
1 Lumithread Field
1 Prismatic Lens
1 Pyrohemia
1 Riddle of Lightning
1 Undying Rage

7 Mountain
9 Plains

SB
1 Ancient Grudge
1 Aven Riftwatcher
1 Dismal Failure
1 Dust Corona
1 Fury Charm
1 Ghost Tactician
1 Jedit's Dragoons
1 Krosan Grip
2 Mana Tithe
1 Mesa Enchantress
1 Molten Slagheap
1 Mystical Teachings
1 Patrician's Scorn
2 Samite Censer-Bearer
1 Skizzik Surger
1 Sophic Centaur
1 Thornscape Battlemage
1 Two-Headed Sliver
1 Veilstone Amulet
Hank333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/draft/WatchDraft.asp?ID=380809
That the link to watch the draft if you so please.
googa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 mountain 8 plains taking out either two headed sliver or blade of the sixth pride...most likely the sliver
Eldar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyrohemia vs. Torchling = Both of these cards are amazing to have but imo pyro is just better as it is harder to remove game 1 and just should win you more games than torchling.

Tarox vs. Ghostflame = Tarox, this pick is simple hes a huge bomb and demands an answer when played. He will turn the tempo in your favor way more than one ghostflame will.

Honestly I don't really like the sliver package as much basically because what I am seeing here is some subpar slivers and none of the ones to make it amazing. Also you are running a lot of subpar rebels and such that shows you have absolutely no lategame asside from pyrohemia. To be honest skizzik surger in my drafts thus far has served as a huge bomb and should never be left out of the main deck. I mean you are running fury charm main deck that card is just not main deck material same with zealot he really isn't that great. Seeing as you hugely rely on sliver package I would cut the fury charm and zealot for the other 2 headed and the skizzik and also probably the blade o teh 6th for the aven riftwatcher as it seems you flying defense is also very bad. And for crying out loud run 17 lands cut the cavalry and your bad creatures are gone for another mountain.
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you past a powerhouse of thallids bye, there where so many of them you could went to the full power of them. I would go green red there were so many good cards... Just my oppinion/ i am not an very expirenced drafter.
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would've picked fortify over bonesplitter sliver
Avata

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two picks you asked about:

Tarox vs. Ghostfire - I'd have gone with ghostfire, your deck is clearly meant to win and win fast, and ghostfire keeps the ground clear, which you desperately need with your high power, low toughness beatings. Tarox is obviously a house, but in an aggro deck, consistency really is more important that power.

Pyrohemia vs. Torchling - these are both late game finisher type cards. Personally, I'd go with the Torchling. Again, Pyrohemia is huge, but you're playing the aggro deck, and you have no way to keep your guys from dying, so at best you're looking at wiping out your team at the same time as your opponents. That said, Pyrohemia delivers direct damage, and Torchling might not be as good in practice as he looks on paper, so Pyrohemia could easily be the right call.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1