Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reiterate vs. split cards and disappearing detritovores

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Zoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: reiterate vs. split cards and disappearing detritovores Reply with quote

I cast the fall half of rise/fall. Opp tries to copy rise half with reiterate.
I don't thinks this works right? My reasoning is that rise is not a legal target for reiterate since it isn't a spell on the stack.

Hypothetical situation:
I have no cards in hand, and opp has no cards in graveyard.
I have an aeon chronicler and a detritovore suspended, both with 1 time counter. Both of these guys die in my upkeep when I unsuspend them? My reasoning is that suspend removal ability is stacked, creature spell are stacked, creature spells resolve, creatures die as state based, and then suspend counter removal abilities resolve.

Am I right on these?
googa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

land will die/u draw card comes into play (if ur smart u stack the abilities in reverse order)

ur right about the split cards
Thorns

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 'Vore/Chronicler problem, as you remove the counter, the ability triggers, so no matter what, the ability resolves before the creature.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might make alot more sense if you physically look at those cards (suspended ones) and read them slowly to yourself.. not tyrin to sound like an ass, im just being serious.. .these guys have already answered it for you... the ability stacks by removing that last counter, you draw a card, then chronicler comes into play, you destroy a land, then detritivore comes into play... then you go to draw step... aeon is a 2/2 and vore is a 1/1... does that make sense to you? and yes, as you cast a split spell, you are the one choosing which spell you're playing, the other half of the card itself has nothing to do with anything anymore
maltabus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you're both wrong..but only slightly.

Aeon Chronicler has three triggered abilities while suspended.
#1 At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from this
#2 When a time counter is removed, draw a card.
#3 When the last time counter is removed, play This without paying its mana cost.

So, on your normal upkeep...
Trigger #1 goes on the stack, then resolves. Trigger #2 goes on the stack, and resolves.

But, on the upkeep where Aeon Chronicler is coming into play...
#1 goes on the stack, then resolves. Triggers #2 and #3 both trigger simultaneously, and the player who owns the Aeon Chronicler decides in what order to stack them.

Basically, you could have the Chronicler come into play before you drew a card, or you could draw a card before he came into play. Its all up to the owner of the Chronicler.
Zoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, malta, I agree with your take on it. I was just thinking about it wrong...I was visualizing taking the counter off as putting the remove counter ability (the draw card or wasteland one) on the stack. It's good to know how to do it either way so you can set up rise/fall tricks etc.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1