Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PTQ Season

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC)
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: PTQ Season Reply with quote

Block Constructed PTQ season is coming up.
To be totally honest, I really don't have much of an idea about the format except for what I read in Wizards coverage on their website, and the few games I played in Apprentice.
I'd like to ask you guys for some deck advice, what do you think is a good (and relatively easy) deck to play for a PTQ?
Any help would be appreciated. Smile
Thanks.
- Bejeezus

Last edited by Bejeezus on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
aldaryn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you consider how much of dralnu translates to block, that leaves little doubt in my mind as to that being the deck of choice, though the R/G/(u or b) big mana decks look like a lot more fun. It seems like every good deck is splashing for Aeon Chronicler, though. But Mystical Teachings is too powerful an engine to pass up. Not to mention Teferi in a format full of suspend cards.

I do think mono green aggro can be really powerful though, with primal forcemage + haste creatures, and Riftsweeper will randomly wreck so many cards (esp. greater gargadon)
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im no expert but here is what i read of the meta game

aggro decks:
WW, mono red,

mid game:
RG big mana, UGr shifty

Cntrl:
UB(maby with w or r splash)(tefri cntrl), mono black cntrl
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have alot of time to test and your pretty good you should play Dralnu, UG Shifters or the Bigmana deck.

Otherwise play Mono Black or RDW (relative easy decks that haves good results)

good luck !
mick_d

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only problem with taking the dralnu, u/b teaching whatever deck to a ptq. IS.. the fact it's win conditions are really slow if neone plays around ur drainingwhelks. and with the shortness of the rounds you are going to have a TOn of draws, especially in the mirror match. I would think as far as ease of a deck to play, go with r/g mana ramp, the one that used blue for shapeshifter/aeon chroniclers in the main is really nice, not to mention intet is extremely nice against the other r/g decks since it's bigger than hellkite so it's harder to deal with and if not dealth with.. the card advantage u gain is INSANE. And spell burst is the sucks for u/g/r shifter totally ruins thier game plan. and slows them down enough for u to start attempting to resolve hellkites and what not. If you wanted to play an aggro deck, there is always white weenie, bieng the most consistant. But also the easiest to hate out. And it's dirt cheap to build well so is every other deck in this format that doesnt' run damnation. Mono red is extremely good and also very consistant and offers a little less hating from the other decks. Just has a bad game vs a deck who goes turn 2 wall of roots... totally aggrevating.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mick_d wrote:
the only problem with taking the dralnu, u/b teaching whatever deck to a ptq. IS.. the fact it's win conditions are really slow if neone plays around ur drainingwhelks. and with the shortness of the rounds you are going to have a TOn of draws, especially in the mirror match. I would think as far as ease of a deck to play, go with r/g mana ramp, the one that used blue for shapeshifter/aeon chroniclers in the main is really nice, not to mention intet is extremely nice against the other r/g decks since it's bigger than hellkite so it's harder to deal with and if not dealth with.. the card advantage u gain is INSANE. And spell burst is the sucks for u/g/r shifter totally ruins thier game plan. and slows them down enough for u to start attempting to resolve hellkites and what not. If you wanted to play an aggro deck, there is always white weenie, bieng the most consistant. But also the easiest to hate out. And it's dirt cheap to build well so is every other deck in this format that doesnt' run damnation. Mono red is extremely good and also very consistant and offers a little less hating from the other decks. Just has a bad game vs a deck who goes turn 2 wall of roots... totally aggrevating.

You have a decklist for the mana ramp?
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is deck lists for all listed decks in the deck section of this webstie
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help d00ds.
At the moment, it seems that I'm going to be playing mono-red aggro deck, one very similar to the japanese guy who won the Grand Prix.
It's cheap to build, consistent, and simple, plus all the Bogardan Hellkites and Spectral Forces are bought up at my local shop. Hahaha.
So, kinda from looking at what I've been reading and what you guys have been saying, the big decks in the format are the U/B Dralnu deck, Korlash Decks, the R/G/x Mana Ramp decks, Mono-Red Aggro, and White Weenie???
- Bejeezus
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in his list with all the rg big mand and tefri word o siezing main
may be a good choice
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1