Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sliverball- Take 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
clgman666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Sliverball- Take 2 Reply with quote

4 Gemstone Mine
8 Forest
3 Grove of the Burnwillows
3 Breeding Pool
2 Temple Garden
2 Llanowar wastes

4 Sidewinder Sliver
4 Firewake Sliver
4 Dormant Sliver
4 Screeching Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
4 Virulent Sliver
2 Homing Sliver
3 Mindlash Sliver

4 To Arms!
3 Weird Harvest
2 Ghostway

Sideboard:
3 Leyline of Lifeforce
2 Darkheart Sliver
3 Empty the Catacombs
2 Harmonic Sliver
2 Frenetic Sliver
2 Tormod's Crypt
1 Ghostway

Constructive Critism Please no "thats so stupid" it does not help.
This is a combo deck, look closely and you will see it.

Last edited by clgman666 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
ebbitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like your really relient on getting your gemhide to stick, not an expert on t2 but 20 land seems a little low, esp when 4 of it has limited use.
clgman666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just beat Dralnu 2-0 with this deck
zero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can beat a 5 years old kid with the best deck in the world too, that doesnt means that your deck is any good.

btw i hear that bounce lands are nice along with gemstone mine and multicolor decks.
Daveslusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh. Seers Tower isnt very good because any form of mass removal beats you. Ghostway is amazing in these situations
because even if they font wrath you
you can ghosway eot and draw alot of cards.
Chord of calling is very good here too as it gets you that 1 sliver you need. PUt it in over the harvests. Also, you MUST p[lay pains and dual in order to fix. YOu can't ALWAYS draw the gemstone and gemhide.
ShadowS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect Dave, hes a bad player with a bad deck, hence he will always draw what he needs. It's like a law, or something.
clgman666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daveslusher wrote:
Bleh. Seers Tower isnt very good because any form of mass removal beats you. Ghostway is amazing in these situations
because even if they font wrath you
you can ghosway eot and draw alot of cards.
Chord of calling is very good here too as it gets you that 1 sliver you need. PUt it in over the harvests. Also, you MUST p[lay pains and dual in order to fix. YOu can't ALWAYS draw the gemstone and gemhide.

I may seem a little stubborn (except about lands) but chord of calling < weird harvest because 1. Harvest can search for multiples and 2. A TON of people dont search for creatures for themselves when i play a weird harvest. My friend and I tried ghost way and we didn't like it because it disrupted the flow of the deck (Gemhide+Firewake+Dormant+ 1 mana slivers) so we put in Frenetic Sliver to somewhat hinder mass removal. I like the idea of the risk free and drawing a ton of cards. This isn't really my deck, im just managing the forums for it so ill talk to my friend about all of these suggestions. My friend has duals in his version and im asking him what they are and then i will update. Ok?
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting a creature directly into play with convoke is better then both players put them on hand. And if your opponent doesnt search hes plain dumb and you should vs him anyway, thats the worst agrument i ever heard.

I also made a sliver deck its more aggro then yours, i know the mana base isnt the best thats why i play 23 lands :p but it works quite well.
Heres a list:

Creatures
4 Frenzy Sliver
4 Cautery Sliver
4 Dark Confidant
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Sedge Sliver
4 Mindlash Sliver
4 Sidewinder Sliver

Spells
1 Demonfire
4 Lightning Helix
4 Char

Lands
3 Plains
2 Swamp
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Blood Crypt
4 Godless Shrine
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Gemstone Mine

Sideboard
3 Withered Wretch
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Extirpate
4 Rise/Fall
4 Tendrils of Corruption
clgman666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My deck isnt aggro. It has dormant sliver. The point of the deck is to combo out 1 mana slivers with gehide firewake and dormant and then to arms! and sac the dormant so ur slivers can attack for 10+ poison counters. Weird harvest is better because you get the 1 mana slivers you need, and draw that many cards off of cantrips.
mick_d

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah great deck.
reasons for saying this

1. his list is the best list
2. depends on his opponents to be worse than he is.
3. he has a 2 headed quarter.
ShadowS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysam, I suggest for lists like that you drop mindlash sliver and get yourself some simian spirit guides. Turn 1 Dark Con anyone? =)
Manipulation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr_Moo wrote:
clgman666 wrote:
I just beat Dralnu 2-0 with this deck

And I just beat Meandeck Gifts 2-0 with my last TS/PC/FS draft deck. One match is hardly evidence of anything. Let us know if you have some substantial testing done, not the results of one match.

Other than to re-insult him, is there a reason you bumped a 1.5-month old topic?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1