Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ridiculous Ruling ? Or Am I at Fault??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
kby

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so simple yet.. you were the only one to make it
Wurly

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't really like the game loss rule either, the "this won't happen in real life" argument doesnt seem valid. If you submit a limited decklist without 40 cards at a GP or PT, I believe you get a gameloss when you are deck checked.

Furthermore, as niknight stated, as soon as you connect to your opponent, that action is considered the start of the match. So basically it is near the equivalent of submitting your deck to your opponent. If you submit a 38 card deck to your opponent at a GP or PT, that is cause for a game loss as well. I'm sure 90% of the people don't read the rules (myself included) but as they are there, there is no argument to be made.
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawsthehobo wrote:
you know, I agree with you, I think that that is a kind of stupid ruling. Now I think that its fine for people to get wins when its supported by the rules, but when you guys started before the game, and then you fix it, I don't see why you should get a loss for that. And I don't believe Ds_Mcwerp on whatever he says, hes a poor loser and will probably lie whenever he's blamed for something. I am so sick of DS just saying how everyone is the biggest topdecker in the world...first thing, their decks are just better than DS's, and topdecking is part of the game, and not something you can blame somebody for. DS< be nicer to peopel online.
He's probably not going to let me join his minis anymore now...

I'm not gonna lie. I lurve to bitch. Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. I do it in the appropriate places (team channels/private channels) though, not out in the damn forums. Doesnt mean you shouldnt believe anything I say. And I freely admit my deck was terrible in that trial. And believe me, if I could choose people who couldnt be in my minis, you wouldnt even make the top 10.

1. Gatts_bra
2. Zapa_bra
3. Kid_bra

Cuz they are evil. I think its something about adding _bra to the end of your nick. But that paul0_bra guy is ok. Maybe hes the exception that proves the rule.

4. Goji

He knows why

5. dv8r

I just dont like him. Nothing personal, he just rubs me the wrong may (I'm a genie in a bottle baby).

6. Shooter

He...always...beats...me...always. Even if he net decks my tribal decks.

7. SL|RedDemon
8. CJ

I can hold a grudge for a long time.

9. Yusukel
10. Blackdragon9

I just never ever want to play either of these two ever again.

I must be bored. I just completed a top 10 of people online I dont like. Dammit. Well, guess that means its bed time.
xDaN

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS_McWerp

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I asked niknight not to give him a gameloss for it. And he still did. Therefore, I am ****.

Guy asks me how he re-submits, I ask in j4u, they give him gameloss for it, and hes mad at me. What a tard.

And twilight, I was more mad at you about game 2 with that enslave. Game 3 i kept a bad hand cuz I didnt care anymore. My deck was fucking terrible. And, you conceded in game 1, after you were out of cards and I had the board totally under control.

And twilight, that was in limited4you. I can do what I want to you in there

yep just like I can 2 cause im & there... your akicked for a day for banning someone without sufficent cause. Good Day.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I have the most access in lim4you. Maybe I'll akick everyone forever.
mTk-Away
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, it was me who gave the original ruling for Game Loss. Other judges just confirmed it, so don't blame them for the original decision.

I'm sorry you're upset for having your first sealed mini go down, but as others have stated earlier, the rules are same for everyone and we'll follow them.
Mirage

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But mostly you should know what you're doing.
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly goji, trix are for kids.
jawsthehobo

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haro, no, i agree that people need to get gamelosses for these type of things. What I'm really trying to get at, is that DS really is a dhady character, at least when I play against him. Maybe he was having a bad day when I played him, but man did he get pissed for no apparent reason. I just wished that he would be nicer, since, you know, he's a judge, and helps run ML.
jawsthehobo

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haro, no, i agree that people need to get gamelosses for these type of things. What I'm really trying to get at, is that DS really is a dhady character, at least when I play against him. Maybe he was having a bad day when I played him, but man did he get pissed for no apparent reason. I just wished that he would be nicer, since, you know, he's a judge, and helps run ML.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. There is a card counter in the sealed system so you should never lose count of your cards. It's in plain sight so you shouldn't miss it.

2. You just learned rule #1 of playing on m-l: if it can be rules cheesed for a win, it WILL be cuz people are too obsessed w/ their rating for some reason. The ONLY reason I can even think of to care are the 1700+ minis/trials/masters? And for what? To play against even bigger dickheads? You guys can have it. I'm dying to meet some of these assholes in real life at a GP or a PTQ so I can kick their teeth in in magic or in real REAL life. I don't care. Trust me. I wouldn't draw wrong, look at the wrong amount of cards, put them in the wrong place, come with an incorrect amount of cards, forget about cards in either hand or graveyard, misclick the mouse or anything else that would prevent me from BEATING THE FACE! ( Think I've been through this before? )

3. Bottom line: m-l players for the most part do not favor the uninformed. They do not help the uninformed. Their only intention is to bend over and cornhole the uninformed in EVERY way possible. There are a few good souls out there left though few and far between.

4. DS--this is at you...if you want people to respect you, you get it by being reasonable and fair BEFORE, beating their face DURING, and by being gracious AFTER. And definitely NOT boasting about it like you are some god. NOT by going to judges about the absolutely dumbest shit when it can be resolved easily CONSIDERING THE ROUND HADN'T STARTED YET!!! Which is the most stand-out fact in front of me. SCREW THE RULES ABOUT CONNECTION. If you connected, the match has officially begun BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BULLSHIT!!!
Since when don't you, in real life, have time to find your seat and get your stuff out and ready to play in the time alotted when pairings are posted, greet your opponent, wish him/her GL, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING NEEDED, and WAIT for the judge to say the match may begin??? The start time for the match was NOT called as of yet, and for you to go to judges shows your character. You saw another free win coming and took full advantage of it. Just saying something would cause a commotion, so whether or not you argued "for" him is irrelevant. You mentioned it cuz you wanted the win and you were aware of the rule and wanted to take advantage of his ignorance. Puhlease. What a class act.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you have to deal with it. I get dicked out of wins all the time in trials by jackasses pulling similar tricks. You just gotta make sure you don't do the same thing again and always talk to a judge prior to doing any move.

However the mods will probably change your post so that it doesn't revela a name, as when I used to come screaming on the forums everytime some **** robbed me of a deserved win, the mods made me censor that.

I think we should be able to have an ethics score chart for player, some people are out of control with how often they pull this shit and specifically when they do this...like that that on guy with the 1850+ rating that knocked me out of top 8 in the masters with an equally fucked up move. You know who you are...****
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, all the judges, who were there, agree with the ruling. I didnt. I argued that it was wrong. I said it was too harsh, and he shouldnt be given a gameloss. Therefore, I am the one whose fault it is, and I am the one who went fishing for a gameloss.

Oh, and if cared about being respected by people like ashmatan and fanboy and twilight and akyo, maybe I'd find this thread disturbing. I actually find it quite hilarious.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'm surprised that this hasn't been locked yet. Usually topics like this are locked before even reaching 2 pages!

And I'm also surprised I'm not in the top10's most hate DS list!
thranarama

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus H. Christ. you kiddies certainly know how to complain. Akyo, you should understand that whether mcwerp was trying to rules lawyer you or not, the correct ruling was made on behalf of the judges. Also, you should also understand that some people use rules lawyering as a tactic to try and win. To that I say there is only one solution, make your play tighter and double check everything that involves counting. Frankly, putting the blame on someone else doesn't help you. If you just realize that something you did caused your game loss, make a mental note of it and try not to do it again.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4