Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ridiculous Ruling ? Or Am I at Fault??

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
AkYo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Ridiculous Ruling ? Or Am I at Fault?? Reply with quote

Ok this is exactly how it happend today I signed up for the Sealed Trial... and i wanted to have fun going into it... and i got paired w/ DS_McWerp .. he was not in the #apprentice channel so i checked #magic-league and found him.. unknowing the Sealed process .. I asked him how do i save this to a text file and told me to just read the website and I took me time to figure it out... Eventually I figured it out and made the text file and pasted the list... We were connected through Hamachi and He called and I checked the Security Code to make sure mine matched like the website told me.. I found out that i was missing 2 cards... instantly I remembered i forgot 2 land... because of that DS_McWerp went to the channel and I said it isn't a big deal.. I went to the website and added the 2 land and resubbited... I reloaded the deck.. and matched the codes agian and they matched... momments later DS_McWerp explains me to go to the channel #judges4you.. I went and an unknown judge explains that in MWS it is not ok to load an illegal deck and that is a match loss or game loss i don't remember.. and I explained my story... He wanted to rule it and here came the "Head Judge" - niknight apprently he knew more... and almost ruled very similar to the other judge and the result was a match loss..

The problem was #1 I knew nothing about how to use the sealed program .. #2 In real life that would never happen... #3 DS_McWerp i assume knew that he would get a free game 1 and I believe that was really shady... #4 Why couldn't they deck check me .. honestly that is the real reason i'm raged at this situation... for god's sake we didn't even start .. i was the one who noticed the missing cards and no one rolled ... I guess i shoulda made him wait.... because he kinda rushed me into that one... we loaded our decks before the trail begun for time to start playing... Honestly this is a joke and if you understand this situation.. and believe it is bogus please comment and reply... i thought this was a game... even if it is cometitiive use that "jackass" move in real life when it counts... how pathetic.. it shouldn't even be used in a trail of all things.. jesus this makes me soo frustrated.. Appreciate It thanks for reading.. and please once agian post something.
Malice

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alot of problems like this come down to the player who your against. Theres been times when someone showed up past timers, or im playing and they get disconnected, and i will restart the game so that they dont get a match loss. The problem is a lot of people take their rating too seriously, i mean, if it was a master, i think you could be a little more strict becuz there is something on the line, but if its just a trial, i dont see the point.
kby

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are responsible for every aspect of the game.

Since you played an illegal deck.. and probly submited an illegal one... it is your fault.

First of all, you just should of fixed your deck, then resubmitted it.

Also.. the game was played in APRENTICE, while ur talking about MWs...why idk....

You desurve the loss, and it is the right ruling.

Also your playing a judge... and...he has connections... so who cares about a free win.

P.S: you won't make this mistake again Smile
Taoofss

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if either players drew their starting 7, than yes the ruling that was rendered was fair. However, if neither player drew their hands, than you should pm a higher judge.
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he problem was #1 I knew nothing about how to use the sealed program .. #2 In real life that would never happen... #3 DS_McWerp i assume knew that he would get a free game 1 and I believe that was really shady... #4 Why couldn't they deck check me .. honestly that is the real reason i'm raged at this situation

#1: it's not his fault
#2: it wasn't real life
#3: err,no
#4: cause even judges have lives
AkYo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kby wrote:
You are responsible for every aspect of the game.

Since you played an illegal deck.. and probly submited an illegal one... it is your fault.

First of all, you just should of fixed your deck, then resubmitted it.

Also.. the game was played in APRENTICE, while ur talking about MWs...why idk....

You desurve the loss, and it is the right ruling.

Also your playing a judge... and...he has connections... so who cares about a free win.

P.S: you won't make this mistake again Smile

First off the P.S Remark is true i think i should quit online Magic or just stick to casual like have been.. i don't even believe the trail effects your rating i'm not sure but yes i believe he had connections w/ the judges for sure... in MWS or Apprentice it doesn't matter .. this situation was a joke and only happend online .. its pathetic in my opinion cause i did not cheat...
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with akyo. The match started b4 the timers so i mean he should obviously have readjustment time, also if the codes matched up whats the big deal? People on this site are pretty pathetic sometimes. I might complain alot but i dont dick people over on things that happen before the game.
AkYo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear that he lost 2nd round in the trial... karma bich?
AkYo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Folks... is who we play agianst online... Read the logs of my friend here that wrecked him game 2 ...

<twilight> 7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> doesnt help that my opp rips like a mother fucker
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> I catually woulda fought my way out
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> but he ripped
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> in a row
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> fuyry charm for my weatherseed
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <&Atobe> lol dude
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> and tendrils
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <&Atobe> hes helping me out
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> for my essence
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <&Atobe> taking his sweet time
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> with 3 swamps
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <twilight> don complain
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <Void06> lol listen to this deck I just drafted on modo
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:45pm] <@DS_McWerp> and first game
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] <@DS_McWerp> he takes for fucking ever
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] <@DS_McWerp> cuz hes in two minsi
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] <twilight> yeap
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] <twilight> you are right
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] * DS_McWerp sets mode: +b *!*@CDFA8C11.EB91BA1E.7615F2BA.IP
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] * You were kicked by DS_McWerp (stfu)
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] * Attempting to rejoin channel #limited4you
<twilight> [7:48pm] <twilight> [7:46pm] * Unable to join channel (address is banned)
<twilight> he was talking about the game on limited4oyu
<akyo4> ROFL
<akyo4> dude i <3 you
<akyo4> did you know your my hero
<twilight> Very Happy
<twilight> i was in 2 minis
<twilight> and he complain about i take too many time
<twilight> so i concede first game
<akyo4> lol
<akyo4> wow

Nuff Said? this guy is original...
Enderdejoran

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been in similar situations to you, where people will try to use that kinda stuff to get auto-wins when they are getting owned. Its really annoying when people try to get judges involved on the littlest things, especially when you could easily go back or fix it yourself.
One time, apprentice glitched on me and changed my security code. my opponent was going to lose the next turn, when all of a sudden he says "ur sec code is different." I wasn't playing with a different deck, so i went so far as to even take pictures of the deck and my iDraft to send to the judges. After they confirmed it was indeed the same deck, they declared i still had the match loss because i caused the match to run over time by fighting the accusation. All i had to do was restart my apprentice, and it would have been fine, but since i knew i wasnt cheating i decided to fight it. Next time I'll just pretend im guilty and beat them anyway
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked niknight not to give him a gameloss for it. And he still did. Therefore, I am ****.

Guy asks me how he re-submits, I ask in j4u, they give him gameloss for it, and hes mad at me. What a tard.

And twilight, I was more mad at you about game 2 with that enslave. Game 3 i kept a bad hand cuz I didnt care anymore. My deck was fucking terrible. And, you conceded in game 1, after you were out of cards and I had the board totally under control.

And twilight, that was in limited4you. I can do what I want to you in there.
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawd, akyo, you really are stupid. Your post is simply full of outright lies. It wasnt a match loss, it was a gameloss, I actively argued with the judges to not give you a gameloss, but they wouldnt listen. AND I totally crushed you in the game we did play.

I lost round 2, not cause of karma but because my pool was so bad I had to play 4 colours to get enough playables.
niknight

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be beneficial to point out the following:

1 - He was playing in a Trial, which falls under REL 3 of our penalty guidelines -

Quote:
REL 3 – Trials/Masters/Invitationals. Since these tournaments are for money (or byes to said tournaments), these penalties are about as harsh as it gets. Players in these tournaments are expected to be proficient with the software, as well as their decks.

At this level, the player is expected to know how to build a sealed deck correctly, in accordance with the practices of the site and apprentice. This also means that the rules won't change because you wanted to have fun, or are inexperienced. This generally means that a trial is not the best time to be playing your first sealed tournament, just like you shouldn't show up at a GP without knowing how to play Magic.

2 - The match is considered to have begun once you and your opponent connect to each other. With that said, playing only 38 cards falls under the illegal main deck penalty.

Quote:
101. Illegal Main Deck: A player’s deck is illegal if it contains an illegal number of cards (40 min limited, 60 min constructed); contains cards illegal in the format played; or contains cards that would violate a game rule (such as the 4 card limit, or multiples of restricted cards). As part of the penalty, the player is required to make their deck legal for the format played. This involves removing all cards in violation and using only basic land to reach the minimum card limit for the format. The player then messages the TC the new security code, and continues play.
Penalty: All REL – Game Loss

The penalty here is rather cut and dry, and was applied by two judges (I came in after the first ruling, and had no knowledge of its result).

3 - To comment on the next round with the player playing in 2 minis. If you play in multiple tournaments, you are expected not to be slow in ANY of them. This isn't like online poker, where you can just let the clock expire and auto-fold your hand. You must be active in the game.

4 - The judges ruling favorably for other judges accusation: This is personally starting to tick me off. Taking a brief glance at the penalty database, I see at least 4 judges (present, or were judges at the time the penalty was issued) having received DQ level penalties. I have personally handed out a few. I also see a decent number of warnings/game losses given to judges for infractions which would warrant the same to a player.

Last edited by niknight on Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AkYo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS_McWerp wrote:
I asked niknight not to give him a gameloss for it. And he still did. Therefore, I am ****.

Guy asks me how he re-submits, I ask in j4u, they give him gameloss for it, and hes mad at me. What a tard.

And twilight, I was more mad at you about game 2 with that enslave. Game 3 i kept a bad hand cuz I didnt care anymore. My deck was fucking terrible. And, you conceded in game 1, after you were out of cards and I had the board totally under control.

And twilight, that was in limited4you. I can do what I want to you in there.

good.. i hope people read this... and realize what a penis you really are.. thanks for showing your true colors..
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, guess what, when you repeatedly call a guy an **** after he tried defending you to his superiors, it pisses him off. What a shock.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4