Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sarcastic Rats Tourney Coverage.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Do you like his take on tournement reports?
Yes, really funny!
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
No, its total crap.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I couldn't finish the whole artical, so i can't tell you.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

Hank333

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Sarcastic Rats Tourney Coverage. Reply with quote

Do you like his style of writing? Do articals like this make Magic-leagues credability in question? Does magic league have credability?
I think its funny, but in small doses only.
ring in with your opinion.
If you don't know what i am talking about, scroll up to the featured articals section up top and read the finals of the master.
KeySam

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think some of you take magic ways to serious, i like how he wrote. And anyone who think this makes this side bader, should realy remember that this is only a game.
yavin1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if 95% of all M-L articles are serious, its good to have a laughing one once in a while. It shows that M-L has a sense of humor, and if the majority of our articles are credible, then his has a small effect on the site and adds a bunch of laughs and good times/
SOAD

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 sides of the coin.

If you are a strict reading nerd, you would hate it due to the fault of "Game" content.

If you are a person who would like to read a story about mother's day and magic, that text would've been pleasant.

It depends a lot on what were you suposed to wait for reading.

Cool
Avata

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue was not with the fact that the article was humorous. I like humor in M:tG articles.

My issue was that it was poorly written.
Lackeos

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That coverage actually made the finals sound very interesting. I mean really really really interesting.

The only parts I would have changed were the fact that "the dreaded" was used more than once, and that... really weird part about Akroma.

I mean like, SarcasticRat said a lot of things that remind you that it's just SarcasticRat being himself, like the part about the killing the dog who peed on his leg, or w/e. But for the most part, there was so much epicness, that I stopped questioning any individual detail and started believing "okay, I'm reading about the greatest battle ever."
Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give him credit for trying to be funny and humorous with it as I feel that is fine i most articles (hell I encourage it)...however I really don't feel that a match coverage should be done in the method.

My issue though is I think he fails in what he intends to accomplish...making his readers laugh. His humor is ok in short doses...but reading more than 7 sentences of the same stuff made it real dry, real fast. Having an entire article written in his style is VERY hard to get through (as I still can't find me wanting to do it voluntarily).

So funny articles are fine...but make sure your actually funny.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he is not funny, at all. How many of the same angles can you play and expect people to laugh? Yeah I know your doing the "its an epic game of magic, for free on the internet..." thing, and congrats on that. You've got the market cornered on that. Why not let somebody with some writing chops do the articles, there are more people who would write, i promise that. I used to do a little writing for the site like 2 or 3 years ago, doing profiles and i think i did a match or two. Im not volunteering to do it now, but I mean when I wrote, my humor was something sort of common everyone could relate with and laugh a bit, but I got to the point. IDK its just not funny to me, and it wasnt one iota of serious so I cant look at it that way either.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sarcastic Rats Tourney Coverage. Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
Do you like his style of writing? Do articals like this make Magic-leagues credability in question? Does magic league have credability?
I think its funny, but in small doses only.
ring in with your opinion.
If you don't know what i am talking about, scroll up to the featured articals section up top and read the finals of the master.

You brought this issue for discussion i don´t know why... but what i know is that u are a fucking retard...rat is a guy with special sense of humour .....
Rat you rule, congrats.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fine for many coverage situations but perhasp not the final of a masters as alot of people will be reading that for the serious content and could find all the humour distracting.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SarcasticRat raped my mother with a broken lawnchair, traumatized my sister with footage of animals being tortured, and had Richard Simmons bite my dad's penis off, but i still find his articles funny.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing about the internet is that people really disagree with things just so they can. You can say that Sarcastic Rat's coverage was boring, ill-inspired, crapping, and very un-funny. BUT, you would have had to read it to come to that conclusion. And if you read his coverage, then he did his job.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again I'll congratulate rat on the push for comedic articles...but he either needs to learn how to pace his style or someone else needs to take the position as the "funny guy" for articles.

His humor has it's moments but dear God an entire articles written that way is an eye sore in its intent. I think we can all agree that the "akroma" joke could have been a lot more effective had it not been so elongated.

As of now I feel he's not a lost cause and just needs to learn how to write better and maybe he'll find that balance of making a decent article and decent pace for his humor. But as is...his articles are not good or enjoyable.

Sidenote

...stormtrooper...kinda been catchin your comments on the site...your kinda retarded...I see you constantly attacking valid points and never once backing up your simple "your dumb" stereotypical angsty virgin net nerd comments. This article is totally valid as people who read the article were very torn on either loving his style or condeming it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1