Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never Thought it Would Happen II

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
kendiggy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Never Thought it Would Happen II Reply with quote

This is in complete irony to the guy who wrote the first post with that name who is getting back into magic.

I quit.

Goodbye.

Every man has his breaking point. I just played in a sealed event on modo. I made a fine GRW deck with Jedit, Stuffy Doll, Stonewood Invocation, Dead/Gone, Rough/Tumble, Boom/Bust and a decent curve. For some reason beyond my comprehension I only added 16 lands to the deck, why I may never know. Round one I lost 0-2 both games to flood. In my first 17 cards I had drawn 11 lands for game one, 20 cards produced 10 in game two. I won rounds 2-5, my opp wanted to play out the final round. I won game one. Games two and three I SIDED IN A LAND and got mana screwed in both games.

I admit I'm not a perfect player and I make my fair share of mistakes. But me and mana issues have a long history together. There was a time when I was ON TOP of my game. I had no job or school and all I did was play constructed magic on apprentice ALL DAY LONG preparing myself for the extended and mirrodin block PTQ seasons. I'll tell ya, I was good. I'm guessing 80% of you readers probably won't believe that statement, but it is true. I made top eight 3/5 times that year. And I'll give $50 to the guy who can correctly tell me why I lost in the top 8 of those PTQs.

In our local friday night magic events, be it contructed or draft, if you hear someone yell "Sonofabitch!" really loud, don't panic, it's just me. It's usually followed by my buddy Phil telling me to shut up.

I'm so bitter about it. It's driving me nuts. I've gone through several keyboards and my monitor is almost in three pieces from me beating the crap out of it.

Not to mention I can't afford it anymore. I can't afford to keep dumping money into a game that isn't taking me anywhere. I'm 26 years old now. I need to do something else. I can't stay up until 3:00 AM playing magic anymore. It's just not worth the frustration.

I know most of you don't know me and don't care about what I'm saying, but I need to write this out for me. Me and for my teammates - Team LAET. SOAD, DARKING, Twilight and pumas. You're a good bunch of guys. I just wish I could speak spanish with you guys sometimes, lol. There was that one time I used the translator with SOAD, that was fun. Thanks for all the time spent together, and thanks for not kicking me off the team when I didn't show up for weeks at a time sometimes.

Anyways, I'd like to say goodbye to everyone in the league. Pollo, sorry for swearing at you all those times I lost to you. I think I may have done that to a couple other people, oops. Sorry to you guys, too. Cya to everyone in #j4u. And one last goodbye to my old teammate bvmarr, if he ever shows up again. Kid dissappeared on me, he was an alright guy.

Cya folks,

-kendiggy

P.S. Since I can't see him do it himself anymore, I'm gonna do it myself (this is for all you who have been here for a while).

pG runs in circles

damn I miss that.
theTJtrooper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ducks played horribly Sad Worst game I've ever seen
Magx

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really have an anger issue

broken TRHEE keyboards and a monitor -> WTF

go to a therapy or something

+ like the other person said... why the fuck that game take over your life !??! playing magic all day and have NO School or NO JOB ?!?! Wellfare abuser -> you are pathetic

PATHETIC LOSER !!!
Vodka_7up

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If magic is making you this upset then you really should take a break at the least. If you find whatever you choose to take up as a hobby starts causing you to freak out like this then you have a problem.

Sometimes people try to validate themselves through mtg, I know my one friend is like that, and sometimes I'm like that as well. It helps knowing you have this attitude and try to keep it under control and things in perspective.

Who gives a shit that you, I, or anyone else made a top 8 qualifer, or made it to the PT and finished in the money? Not many. Does it even matter in the long run? Probably not.

I was in the same boat as you about a month ago, I had lost a fair amount of money on TTP drafts, this at it's highest point made me throw a chair, though in a wimpy controlled manner, but still. Card games shouldn't cause this types of outburst, let alone that often.

At that point I was investing to much money, time, and myself into a game. Now that I haven't played in a while, I feel a lot better. I have plans of going to nats qualifer, and if I don't make it that's fine. Life will go on weather I get to play in Toronto or not.

Just my two cents.
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be worth considering if your problem isn't MtG, but rather something else: if after having stopped with MtG you start having the same behavior with another hobby, than that would be the proof that the hobby is just a refuge from something else you need to consider and solve.

This is just a game, not worth playing if you don't get fun. And like all other hobbies, being hobbies, they should never take over your life.
Vodka_7up

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet he hasn't checked this since he posted it.
Twilight

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he´s a great man, and mtg for some ppl its just a game, a hobby... but others plays for be competitive..
i know that one day ill going to quit.. everybody will get that day.. kenny got that day, instead of flaming, just say good bye or something, or i know, dont post anything if isnt good dudes.
its sad, at least at my point of view..

c ya.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1