Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new Baby killer

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Reich

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: The new Baby killer Reply with quote

4x Stomping Ground
4x Karpulsan Forest
4x Gemstone Mine
4x Mountian
3x Forest
1x Pendelhaven

4x Stone Rain
4x Wreak havoc
4x Mwonvuli acid-moss
4x BOP
4x Llanowar elves
4x Magus of the vineyard
4x Giant Solifuge
3x Moldervine Cloak
3x Scryb ranger
2x Spectral Force
2x hellkite
2x DemonFire

Turn 2 acid-moss turn 3 another blow up land spell, turn 4 hellkite gg. It works great the biggest probloms are obv MGA and gruul. Let me know what you guys think.
toguppy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm the one thing i can see straight away is that moldervine cloak is almost redundant in this build.
your better off going another ld or creature or possibly both . if i were you considering the current meta. id be runnign 3 detritivore in md as you can suspend for atleast 1 on turn 3 possibly for 3 or more.
Reich

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea right after i posted I put 3 boom//bust in their place thanks for the input Very Happy
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-3 Moldervine Cloak
-3 Scryb Ranger
-2 Spectral Force
-4 Gemstone Mine
-4 Mountain
-3 Forest

+4 Ohran Viper
+4 Phyrexian Ironfoot
+5 Snow-Covered Forest
+6 Snow-Covered Mountain

Possibly board detrivore, sulfurous blast, stalking yeti, skred. Those kind of things would help you vs agro. Especially viper and ironfoot they wreck agro. Wildfire or possibly boom/bust would also be great in here.
boomwolf

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you relay on magus WAY too much. your plan is unlikely to work VS any red dec as they will blow up magus of first sight...

also you got little to make sure your play is going to work (but you got quite a few mana runners i admit) and seem like half aggro and half...donno...hardbeat?
i mean...solifudge-with all my respect to him, dont fit in.
remove your aggro pieces to make room for more LD and mana runners and some more beatsticks (the FS dragon?)
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solifuge is king in LD decks...there's nothing like a hasty beater that swings for 4 each turn on an empty board (the plan is that the opponent never reaches enough mana to play things).
Reich

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icant tell if spyx is being sarcastic or not but solifuge really does belong in this deck. Red decks like gruul are a problom I think I can answer for them in the sb though.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut magus of the vineyard for borial druid, the idea of " sharing " if stupid right now, you gave your opp early signets ( lets say ) and faster mana advantage to do what they want. It can potentially hurt you more then help you, Other rha Druid, you can use Simian Spirtual Guide also to help with your red.
Sampo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Magus of the Vineyard... it's fine in block IMO, but the fact that they can turn 2 persecute you in T2 isn't that great for you...
Hank333

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it doesn't make alot of sense to have a deck with a good chunk of Land destruction, and then have a creature which gives your oppentent access to more mana.
I also agree that there could be better cards then moldervine cloak in this deck.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

This deck is pretty cool, i built something like it also. I think you could obviously have avalanche riders in there, as well as call of the herd. Stormbind is also good considering you always have free mana from magus, so you could channel all of your land draws into it. I agree that solifuge might not fit but it is ok if you can hold your oppo from getting a wrath effect. I'd add even more LD and cut demonfires, solifuge and make cloaks COTH, but make it 4. i dont think you need gemstone mine either, as your not desperate for double colors on turn 2 or whatever. Boom//Bust is fine but then you should add less mana intensive threats. burning tree shaman is also good but it might not fit either. Tin-street hooligan for the board against signets? Oh maybe like 2 maindeck cryoclasm or 3 and the rest in the board. I like this deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1