Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meta-Buster

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Meta-Buster Reply with quote

Looking at the current meta, I tried to devise a deack that would be able to withstand the varity of stuff thats going around.

// Lands
4 Swamp
2 Dimir Aqueduct
6 Island
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Underground River
4 Watery Grave
1 Academy Ruins

// Creatures
3 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
4 Korlash, Heir to Blackblade

// Spells
2 Persecute
3 Damnation
2 Phyrexian Totem
4 Rune Snag
4 Remand
3 Extirpate
4 Dimir Signet
4 Compulsive Research
3 Think Twice
2 Nightmare Void

// Sideboard
SB: 1 Extirpate
SB: 4 Shadow of Doubt
SB: 4 Spell Snare
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 Bottle Gnomes

Nightmare void against heavy control decks to combo with extirpate against Pickles combo mostly. Bridge fairs poorly against this deck with Extirpate and crypt in SB. Korlash seems to be testing pretty well as it is a decent replacement for green land search. I am thinking about running 2 or 3 cards that can return him from the GY as to make his ability a little more useful. My major problem is against aggro. The deck isn't fast enough to kill aggro quick enough before they kill me. So I'm looking for geneal idea against aggro as well as any other suggestions.

Side note: I am testing -2 Teferi and +2 Tendril of Corruption
|Friso|

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mind if i call it UB control with some discard main, korlash,and without mystical teachings.

if you have problems with aggro, i think you should sideboard 1 damnation, cause you have only 3 main, and as you added, with tendrils of corruption and maybe 1-2 more urborg, i'll be fine against aggro.
Duff2005

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try tolarian west!!! You will have your urborg when u need it (Korlash and Tendrils) and u can put bottle gnomes in SB. Again with west you can tutor for your academy ruins and gain life till your satisfied

I have no built right now (UB) without west period. Try to tutor for a pact or a crypt you'll see how GREAT it is

I think with Bridge and Street Wraith Tolarian West is in the top 5 of power card from FS
Shocked
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so heres the update to the testing so far

// Deck file for Magic Workstation

// Lands
4 Swamp
2 Dimir Aqueduct
6 Island
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Underground River
4 Watery Grave
1 Academy Ruins

// Creatures
4 Korlash, Heir to Blackblade

// Spells
2 Persecute
4 Damnation
4 Rune Snag
4 Remand
3 Extirpate
4 Compulsive Research
1 Nightmare Void
2 Phyrexian Totem
2 Think Twice
2 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Rise/Fall
2 Dimir Signet
2 Rakdos Signet

// Sideboard
SB: 1 Extirpate
SB: 4 Shadow of Doubt
SB: 4 Spell Snare
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 Bottle Gnomes

OK, now I added rise/fall cause against creature decks you can bounce your one on the field AND one in GY to your hand before a damanation and drop your old one again. Nice little tactic. Tendrils is just amazing. Some people are telling me to play weathered Wretch over extirpate, but loooking at a players hand and removing cards from their deck is just TOO nice.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rps13fanatic wrote:
Isn't Dralnu better than this?

dralnu isn't played that much anymore
googa

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya but he's right. dralnu is better.
st4x

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigShow wrote:
rps13fanatic wrote:
Isn't Dralnu better than this?

dralnu isn't played that much anymore

ur a fucking moron smart ppl play dralnu, dralnu is one of the dominating decks on modo right now since it beats dragonstorm and can beat gruul which are the top decks in the format. its tron matchup is kinda bad though
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1