Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green Burn

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC)

Is this deck viable in TBC?
Yes
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
If you tinker with it, yes
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Sampo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Green Burn Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
11 [TSP] Forest (3)
1 [TSB] Pendelhaven
4 [FS] Grove of the Burnwillows
1 [TSP] Mountain (1)

// Creatures
4 [TSP] Primal Forcemage
4 [FS] Magus of the Vineyard
4 [PLC] Uktabi Drake
4 [PLC] Timbermare
4 [PLC] Groundbreaker
2 [FS] Baru, Fist of Krosa

// Spells
1 [FS] Summoner's Pact
3 [FS] Edge of Autumn
3 [TSP] Stonewood Invocation
3 [PLC] Evolution Charm
3 [PLC] Harmonize
4 [TSP] Might of Old Krosa
4 [TSP] Sudden Shock

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 4 [TSB] Avoid Fate
SB: 4 [TSP] Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
SB: 4 [TSB] Hail Storm

Okay, so this deck is pretty self-explanatory. It originally was just straight green, but after playtesting I realized that it needed somehting to deal with pests such as scryb ranger/fortune thief, as well as having the plus of killing the turn 1 morph creature that pickles can put out with your magus. Anyways, magus allows for crazy setups resulting in turn 3-5 kills regularly vs control, and the deck is just a tad slower without magus. This deck tends to do well vs control, and pretty well against other aggro decks, although sometimes it falls flat against decks with fat creatures. My question is: is this deck viable in TBC? Any suggestions or help for the deck?
googa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um...ever played against RG scryb and force or other RG big mana decks? cuz it'd be pretty funny when they go: turn one rahda or scryb, turn two acid moss/morph turn three spectral force or akroma.

so you kinda just loose that matchup dont u? um, i don't like it at all...maybe without magus...maybe
Egnirys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with this deck is that opposition RG Mana Ramp players will be overjoyed when you cast Magus.

I don't think you need the Harmonize, this deck should kill way before you need to draw extra cards. Maybe replace it with more Summoner's Pact.
Sampo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googa wrote:
um...ever played against RG scryb and force or other RG big mana decks? cuz it'd be pretty funny when they go: turn one rahda or scryb, turn two acid moss/morph turn three spectral force or akroma.

so you kinda just loose that matchup dont u? um, i don't like it at all...maybe without magus...maybe

The thing is that I thought that too... until I played vs some of those decks. The only problem I ever had at all was with scryb ranger... and I think sudden shock stops the ranger pretty soundly. This deck just tends to outrace other aggro decks for the most part.
MrCowFart

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(i'd say personally you'd be better off with seratted arrows and sticking to green.)

Suggestions:
Out
-2 Baru
-3 Edge of Autumn
-3 Evolution
-3 harmonize
-4 sudden shocks
-4 grove of the burnwillows (this drawback is really bad in this deck)
-1 mountain

In
+5 Forests
+3 Summoner's pact (these are groundbreakers and timbermares 5-Cool
+Some Toolbox Creatures ^
+Serrated Arrows (sb or main)

Other possibilities:
+Keen Sense (if you want draw)
+Llanowar Mentor (turns extra lands into 1/1 mana dudes for G, turns out he's a pretty good aggro deck card)
+Nantuko Shaman (suspend works really well with Primal Forcemage. and if you dont have the extra mana it's an efficient 3/2 for 3.
+Call of the Herd (solid card)
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus of the Moat is Fortune Thief in white, and he has three toughness. Somehow I don't think the Uktabi Drakes alone are gonna get there...
Sampo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
Magus of the Moat is Fortune Thief in white, and he has three toughness. Somehow I don't think the Uktabi Drakes alone are gonna get there...

You'd be surprised... I can win turn 3 with 2 uktabi drakes.
foolizzet

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use wall of roots, and the spark elemental maker...
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grove of the Burnwillows without Kavu Predator? It's the greatest thing ever! (j/k, although it is still pretty cool)

And with the whole morph thing etc., doesn't your deck have any trouble finding red mana if any at all?
Sampo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TofuBoy wrote:
Grove of the Burnwillows without Kavu Predator? It's the greatest thing ever! (j/k, although it is still pretty cool)

And with the whole morph thing etc., doesn't your deck have any trouble finding red mana if any at all?

Nah, it's not hard to find the red... i have land searchers for the 1 mountain and then also grove if necessary.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1