Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Sight spoiler

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What more do I need to say?

Umm I auto win with my combo deck?

Aggro decks are going to need to be a lot faster now.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set look s aight. Helpful w/ a lot of combo decks. 0 cost counter is scary to think about. Drawback is worth the cost. Actually, 0 cost cards might bring Mana Tithe out of the trash bin for the white players that anticipate people that DO tap out because they have a 0 cost in their hand as an answer.
The Cloudseeder is not total trash in limited. I would rather have 1/1 fliers than anything else. At least flying is a form of evasion. DEPENDENT on color choice of course. It's definitely NOT a windmill slam common. Personally, I would like the elf mentor the best.
As far as glittering wish is concerned, can you say T2 coalition victory FTW? Go on, laugh. But when you think about it, with the card pool available it's never been more viable. Magus of the vineyard turn 1. (forest dual, of course) Turn 2 forest dual, then hunting wilds. Fetch 2 more forest duals. Turn 3 any 5 color critter (sliver legion, transguild courier, but I like Scion of the Ur-Dragon the best. Lots of dragon tricks if you don't have win condition in hand. If you do have wish, play it to fetch coalition victory FTW. (with 0 cost counter in hand or any other protection). Sounds corny, but I want to at least try it. Maybe it won't quite reach T2 tier, but it's at least viable in block.
And finally, Delay ALMOST as good as Remand?? It's 3X better!
Counter your Remand and it gets suspended for 3 turns? Then you Remand nothing? Or even better, counter your win condition and suspend it for 3 turns until I find Nix and counter it for 1 blue? Nix is ridiculous ( especially in T1 )
where it is the answer to FOW and it was needed for YEARS!
Some cards will be really good for decks in this set and most will get written off (as usual), but the set poses some interesting ideas that are good enough for investigation and trial. There are some more cards i'd like to discuss, but they have eluded me. Until next time...
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pact is also, like Flores said, nasty in some aggro, forcing through that last Char/Demonfire/Solifuge before counter decks can stabilize.

This card is insane, but not ban worthy. Get 4 soon, they should fetch a high price.
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix is really gross in any format other then T2. It will make it on the sb of some control Decks. It is a great way to counter suspended spells. You did not pay the mana to play the spell you spent the mana to removed it from the game. It is great answer to a lot of really good suspend cards.
killakiwi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delay + Teferi = 1U Counterspell. Should see play in TSBC Teferi Decks for sure.
Thorns

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
Nix is really gross in any format other then T2.

Are you sure about that? Last time I checked, countering a Lotus or Mox for the modest cost of U wasn't too bad. It might see play in Vintage, but I doubt it. Time will tell...
Pact of Negation is awesome. The black can be useful, the white one has its uses, the green one could of been so much better and the red one is so off flavor its not even funny. Future Sight pays back for the lack of playable blue cards in Planar Chaos with only one card.
Zoom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have made Nix cost 0. As it stands it's always less efficient than the card it's countering which makes it kind of crummy. Not that it would have been so great at 0 either...just more interesting i guess.

Mindslavering someone who's holding a pact of negation will be fun...unless they've used it to help kill you on turn two...
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic Speculation is going to really make for some interesting combo decks. This pretty much reads... Dig it if you can. As an offering. (Skinny Puppy)

Mystic Speculation
Sorcery
Buyback (You may pay an additional as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Scry 3 (Look at the top three cards of your library. Put any number of them on the bottom of your library and the rest on top in any order.)

With Locket of Yesterdays or two you can really dig it.

I think that this will surpass Sleight of Hand in combo decks with or with out locket of yesterdays.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3