Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MWS people -why?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Spartan-420

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be really great if the operators somehow put in a "Reputation" rating system (i.e., somewhat like the Reputation System XBox Live has)... of course this may mean that ppl will have to use thier M-L nicks on MWS... but that's my 2 cents... any thoughts on that???
Taoofss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ML cant do shit, and you know why? Cause MWS isnt an exculsive ML program.
sgt_pepper
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what this league is for, playing seriously without having to pay for Magic Online
Spartan-420

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:

prolly you didn't get what i meant... i meant for WebSite operators put in a rating system on the main site (www.magic-league.com) so ppl can rate other players on:
1. Commitment to game agreed upon
2. Friendliness
3. Recommendations for other ppl, to play against this person
Bozo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you play league matches most people won't just randomly snub you like that...although you will run into a whole different style of jerks. At least you will always get your 2/3 games.
JonPatton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that MWS mirros crash on me about 1-2 times a week, and I only play about 10 games per week. Maybe they're just having a connection problem. MWSplay seems to crash quite often.
Taoofss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan-420 wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

prolly you didn't get what i meant... i meant for WebSite operators put in a rating system on the main site (www.magic-league.com) so ppl can rate other players on:
2. Friendliness

Comment Removed.
-WildCard
Spartan-420

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:
Spartan-420 wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

2. Friendliness

Comment Removed.
-WildCard

Comment Removed.
-WildCard
kcaccidental

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:
Comment was removed, no reason to have it stay here in quote as well, Lamex

ban plz?
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan-420 wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

2. Friendliness

That's not a bad idea, it could be considered for the new site. But should be simplify a bit, to make it quicker and simple. Maybe just a "friendliness" rating at the end of the game could be nice. The single vote shouldn't be visible (just to avoid flames) but an overall rating in the user's profile would be nice to have (and useful to judges too).

JonPatton wrote:
I find that MWS mirros crash on me about 1-2 times a week, and I only play about 10 games per week. Maybe they're just having a connection problem. MWSplay seems to crash quite often.

The problem is usually the server. I try to connect directly as often as I can. Do that and you'll rarely lose connection (unless you jump in those couples of know bugs). Plus, if you lose connection, you can connect again without losing the game if you didn't use a server (really, it could be possible even through a server, but the process is a bit more complicated).
aceben3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwsplay crashes quite often, so I try to find games on mws games or pavouk as much as possible. That said, sometimes if I'm testing I'll play one miserable game with an awful deck and decide it's "back to the drawing board" and I don't even want to finish the match, sry bro, gg cu later. more often than not though, as long as i'm in a good mood, i'll finish a match as long as i'm in a good mood, just out of courtesy. so basically, there's nothing that will probably ever be done about this, just get people to play rated matches if possible so they won't leave and try not to play on mwsplay.net because it crashes too much.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't do much about it, worstcase do like the appr guys and post on the m-l chan, T2 testing, touch me sexualy and you wint a dollar
dboy1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigShow wrote:
you can't do much about it, worstcase do like the appr guys and post on the m-l chan, T2 testing, touch me sexualy and you wint a dollar

<3
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poeple on mws never learn rules lol, That's why they are idiot. If they play something wrong and you tell hi, he will call you noob and quit.
2 mins ago I played vs a guy. I played Cabal Therapy and said thet cabal therapy is illegal in t1.5, he called me noob and quit. For all that, this guy will never know that cabal is legal.
Weazle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabal Therapy IS illegal in Ext!!! HAHA NOOB OMGZOR!!(one)1!

...j/k.
That's a new low though.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2