Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UR Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
yehudi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

add urza tron and more cantrips and a few signets
asamodious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the urzatron is good...it allows you to play stuff like hellkite and demonfire.

you want around 7 signets. 4 izzet 3 dimir.

Mystical teachings isnt all that great, especially without urzatron.
Cosmo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can add Solifuges to improve your control matchup. i will cut the dimir signets, you dont really need color fix. you can flashback the teachings with the dreadships reefs.
i think that electrolize isnt so good in this days, it was when there were a lot of BW aggro. i will try sudden shock...

in the SB: annex is good in the tron matchup, and you should consider add spell snare against silhana, signets and other stuff. its great...

well, that was just my opinion

do a lot of testing Wink
JonPatton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, electroyze is really good against the Kyoto decks. Most of them run morphs. You can also split it to kill both Vampire tokens against Dralnu. It draws you a card if nothing else, and combined with the Little Elemental who could, you can put a real beating on other control decks.

I think it's obvious that you're going to have issues against non-boros weenie (and Boros isn't going to be a great matchup even if you can permanently kill half their creatures with one 3cc card) or decks with burn.

I think one Commandeer should be maindeck. It can randomly win you the game, and it's exactly "bad" ever.

Consider cutting the signets for a land and three think twice.

Cryoclasm is wrong for your deck. You can't keep up the LD, you can't really capitalize on the damage, and you're going to want to hit tron lands. With those five slots, you can run a couple Demonfires, a Muse Vessle, another Bottle Gnomes, and a Sulfurous Blast. Your sweepers should be Pyroclasm (3), even if it kills your elementals, and another Sulfurous Blast (which is tutorable).
Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that spell snare would be nice, specially with a lot of boom/bust around here... solar flare and tron depends on his turn 2 signets,... against silhanas and scrybs, and sometimes win the counter war.. u really should try those
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1x Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and 1x Ophidian Eye would seem to be a better win condition than Akroma. The ability to play both at EOT because of Teferi and search out the instant win combo with Teachings makes it a lot faster than four swings with Akroma. This might require a little more red, maybe a few Izzet Signets. Electrolyze seems iffy with the inclusion of Sulfur Elemental - most of the 1 toughness creatures in the format are white anyway, and killing a Birds or Elves turn 3 doesn't help much, because they've already accelerated out their creature. I think a few more maindeck tutor targets (for example, Dralnu has Seize the Soul and Extirpate, you could use Commandeer and perhaps Sulfurous Blast or another instant red removal spell) instead of the Electrolyzes would improve the deck.

You could also probably use 1x Urza's Factory instead of a mountain or an island.
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no red singets in the blue red dekc.. dude how do u do it teach me ur ways
PsyK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol i just realised how fucking cool sulfur elemental + electrolyze is. So tempting to make izzetron in real life, but with tron rotating out in a few months it doesn't seem worth it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1