Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Aggro w/ Pandemonium

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: GW Aggro w/ Pandemonium Reply with quote

Creatures
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Watchwolf
4 Yavimaya Dryad
4 Groundbreaker
2 Timbermare
3 Giant Solifuge
4 Loxodon Hierarch

Non-creature permanents
4 Pandemonium

Spells
4 Momentary Blink

Lands
6 Forest
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Temple Garden
3 Stomping Ground
1 Breeding Pool
3 Selesnya Sanctuary
2 Skarrg, the Rage Pits

SB: 4 Defense Grid
SB: 1 Giant Solifuge
SB: 2 Akroma, Angel of Fury
SB: 4 Honorable Passage
SB: 4 Krosan Grip

I have tested this deck mostly in casual games, so the nature of my opponents have been variable at best. However, I see some potential to this deck, as it is quite good at beatdown even without Pandemonium. Akroma is in sb because of the nice synergy with Blink, and because it is good vs UR wildfire and other blue-based control decks. Other than that, card choices does not seem strange in my eyes.

Helpful input would be appreciated.
nasa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the dryad seems out of place, your top mana cost is 4 and you are running 8 1 drop mana producers. so i think the dryad is a bit much, also i dont like 4 birds in a pandemonium deck. idk what you could replace them with, prolly 2 more timbermares and maybe another 3 drop, hmmm call of the herd seems like it would be pretty good. it gives you 2 creatures for one so i think thats better than dryad.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use only two Timbermares because they usually sit around and do nothing until I can use it as a finisher, unless I have pandemonium out and blink in hand. And then I would invariably want to have groundbreaker instead. The Dryad is there for manafix. Usually I get a Stomping Ground or Breeding Pool with it. Call of the Herd is a damn good card though. Maybe 4 Dryad is a little much. Could go with 2, and then remove one Giant Solifuge in order to get 3 CotH. I also want to cut the Skarrg's, or at least one of them. They mess up my ability to cast Groundbreaker and Blink in one turn (With Dryad, that is possibly 18 damage turn 4 Wink
toguppy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
I use only two Timbermares because they usually sit around and do nothing until I can use it as a finisher, unless I have pandemonium out and blink in hand. And then I would invariably want to have groundbreaker instead. The Dryad is there for manafix. Usually I get a Stomping Ground or Breeding Pool with it. Call of the Herd is a damn good card though. Maybe 4 Dryad is a little much. Could go with 2, and then remove one Giant Solifuge in order to get 3 CotH. I also want to cut the Skarrg's, or at least one of them. They mess up my ability to cast Groundbreaker and Blink in one turn (With Dryad, that is possibly 18 damage turn 4 Wink

i personally am thinking that your deck has to high a mana curve. lots of 4's and with a 3 colour deck and the comes into play tapped bit of the dryads, id personally be swapping the dryads for wood elves wich do the same job and also lets them come into play untapped.

your deck has lots of 1 costs and then lots of 4 costs... what does it do inbetween??? smooth out the curve and i think it will run alot smoother.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had a Krosan Cloudskraper in main, as the only "combo only" card. I took it out because it is quite cheesy after all ^^. I have made a few changes to the deck:

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Watchwolf
3 Yavimaya Dryad
4 Call of the Herd
4 Groundbreaker
2 Timbermare
4 Loxodon Hierarch
4 Pandemonium
4 Momentary Blink
6 Forest
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Temple Garden
4 Stomping Ground
1 Breeding Pool
3 Selesnya Sanctuary
1 Skarrg, the Rage Pits
SB: 4 Defense Grid
SB: 2 Giant Solifuge
SB: 2 Akroma, Angel of Fury
SB: 4 Honorable Passage
SB: 3 Krosan Grip

Ideally, I play the Dryad turn 2, and then it hardly ever matters if it was a Wood Elf instead. The Dryad is simply a much better card. The Curve is better with this lineup.

Any other suggestions?
Ggerg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ext tings plays draco...why not play cloudskraper? i mean...with blink you'll probably be able to get13 through anyway.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it once, and got 26 (or 28 actually) through. That was quite fun. I can take out 1 Call of the Herd and try it again.
kcaccidental

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is going to a win-more card, but Primal Forcemage is crying out to be put in this deck, if only for the raging awesomeness of 'I Pandemonium you for nine and attack with my 9/4 hastey trampling Groundbreaker.'
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whole point of the deck is that it has to function well as a pure beatdown-deck, while Pandemonium is there to allow very few threats to do lethal damage. While an ordinary GW aggro deck would need from 5 to 10+ threats in order to win, this deck needs only one. The more Pandemonium-will-rock-with-this-combo cards that are in it, the more dependent it becomes on having Pandemonium in play in order to do anything, and the weaker it becomes.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1