Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Aggro

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC)

Mana Tithe
Playable Main Deck
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Playable Sideboard
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Unplayable
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

coolcreep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magus of the disk=jankity jank
nasa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are running green in block and no spectral force.
-end critique-
killakiwi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectral force?
Stonewood invocation?
LaminateStas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...deck doesn't seem "aggro"
Wouldn't setting off a mass board sweeper generally be detrimental to an aggro philosophy? Sideboard maybe, but definitly not main.
Mangara of corondor doesn't beat, he's removal (which I guess you need, and I like the touch with the whitemane lion and being able to save your corondor while removing something else)
As has been said, stonewood. I could MAYBE understand no spectral (though its dubious) but stonewood is a must.
Also, Magus of the librayr? In an aggro deck? You don't want seven cards in your hand, so how is that helping you?
I'd add in some of greens hasty creatures, they give you a bit more of that surprise factor, and your rescue guys can bounce them back so you can replay them (don't have to pay echo or sac at end of turn)
Also, I guess its preference, but I'd at leat test out dust elemental over Calciderm. It does an extra damage, flies and has fear, and can save your guys from damnation/etc. Just a thought.
(Also, White Strafe in side Razz)
Notgnawy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the use of Magus of the Library over say, Gemhide Sliver. Being able to produce colored mana is actually useful in your deck, and a cost of GG with a deck full of 1WW, 2WW is not very good.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're on to something here. I have had this idea for block also, but instead I went for the Hypergenesis "infinite combo" with the gating creatures and somehow with Hypergenesis's wording the way it is, the creatures are put into play, but their comes into play abilities don't go on the stack until Hypergenesis resolves -- Whatever!

Anyway, I believe there are possibilities with gating G/W. There are some bad choices for some slots, but they are easily filled. With some testing, you could probably find some other cards that could fill your holes in here. Against black control, yes I believe Dust Elemental will save the day in the main vs. Damnation and the like. I think it's a 2 and 2 situation. The only reason I can see Scryb Ranger being in the deck is to surprise untap Magus of the Disk and blow the board. Good idea. Build on M.O.D and Mangaara's ability and abuse them. Both of their abilities can be put on the stack and then be bounced to be reused ( or in Mangara's case as mentioned in the thread, untapped and used twice! ). With Saffi in the deck, Timbermare can be double the beating. So how about trying Uktabi Drake and Primal Forcemage? I don't know if he's (P.F.) a "win more" card yet or a "win faster" card. I hope he's the latter! I'll be finished building this soon, so I'll be testing it! Smile
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no infinite combo with the gating creatures and HyperGenesis. It's hard to explain, but the Hyper genesis must fully resolve before any "comes into play abilities" resolve. It might SEEM like Hyper Genesis is "going off" once for each permanent, but it's only resolving once for ALL of the permanents it puts into play. Any and all comes into play abilities of those permanents are stacked last in first out, but none resolve until the hyper genesis is fully resolved.

If that's not clear, go to judges4you.
Notgnawy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

triggered abilities won't go on the stack until someone receives priority. enough said.
snubkiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put that 3/6 guy w/ vanishing 3, that can get creatures from graveyard when it comes into play and goes to the graveyard... that + saffi is cool
E

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timbermare works really well with momentary blink... id splash blue and use that so u can do 15 dmg with one timbermare Smile (original 5, blink 5, flashback blink 5)
ringman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do think stonewood is verygood in this format and the 2/1 flying hasty creature too but thats just choices:S
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just play ug shfter!
Bigshow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mystic enforcer?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2