Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R/W Pandemonium Bounce

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kcaccidental

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: R/W Pandemonium Bounce Reply with quote

Hey. First deck post here, so here's the list:

3x Molten Slagheap
12x Plains
9x Mountain

4x Soul Warden
4x Whitemane Lion
4x Stonecloaker
4x Celestial Crusader
4x Stormfront Riders
4x Stingscourger
4x Avalanche Riders
3x Lightning Serpent

3x Pandemonium
2x Boros Signet

A few notes:

First, I'm intending to build this IRL, and since my play circle is pretty casual and there's almost no tournament scene around here, I'm not intending to spend a fortune on it. Note the almost total lack of anything that will cost any money (Lightning Serpent excepted). It's meant to be fun and quirky, not tier-1 competitive Very Happy

The deck has a couple win conditions. The first is to play Stormfront Riders and bounce your creatures around, creating heaps of tokens that hopefully attain 2/2 or 3/3 status via the Crusader. The second, and perhaps more plausible, is to stall with lifegain and bouncing creatures, play Pandemonium, and then play a huge Lightning Serpent for Pandemonium and trample damage. Lightning Serpent also serves as recursive burn to the face.

The deck doesn't really want to do much at sorcery speed, and the Slagheaps are there purely for big Serpents, not because I'm splashing black.

I'm wondering whether Avalanche Riders should be in there, and whether I should run some burn spells. Also there's no SB as of yet.

Any suggestions? Very Happy

EDIT: Serves me right for posting without testing. Cloudstone Curio is totally redundant, and Pandemonium is much more important than I first thought. 3x Curio and 1x Signet out for 4x Stingscourger. Also burn spells are unnecessary, as Pandemonium + gating = funtimez.
Avata

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going for fun and quirky, I've seen some pandemonium decks use - of all things - Norin the Wary to good effect.
PsyK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair i don't think norin the wary is such a good idea. Sure he hurts the opponent, but he does nothing else, this deck probably doesn't need the accelerated damage from norin so i wouldn't include it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1