Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono-red aggro w. spicy SB.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
iKe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word of siezing is pretty cool but i think Phyrexian Soulgorger and/or Phyrexian Ironfoot would be better.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sudden shocks, and skred maybe? Sudden Shock, it just wow itself, i mean you can slow roll your opp, while he is at 1-2
Noob3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definatley skred, it is the nuts in any deck that can run 15+ snow-covered mountains

you should also run some tech lands like, if you add skred you could add sheets/ronom or even run 1-2 gruul turfs for the guildmage (just incase u wish u had some green mana!)
toguppy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Mono-red aggro w. spicy SB. Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
Hey gang, just wanted to put my Mono-red list out there and see if i could get some feedback on it. The Main is pretty standard, the SB is probably a little different then most other Mono-red aggros.

Creatures
4 Blood Knight
4 Frenzied Goblin
3 Giant Solifuge
2 Gruul Guildmage
4 Keldon Marauders
4 Scorched Rusalka

Enchantments
4 Seal of Fire

Spells
4 Char
1 Demonfire
4 Rift Bolt
4 Volcanic Hammer

Lands
22 Snow-Covered Mountain

The SB is for the most part set up to still be able to win past a COP:red side in since that is generally an auto-lose for mono-red. I give ya a card by card break down.

Sideboard
SB: 2 Demonfire (ditch hand fast, set up lands then go lethal to dome @ uncounterable and unpreventable. I decided to put demonfires mostly in SB rather then main because they tend to be less mana effective burn in this deck)

SB: 2 Martyr of Ashes (clears the board like no bodys business, save this chick for turn 3 then drop and do 4-6 pnts of damage to all non-flyers, its like CS limited all over again)

SB: 2 Sulfur Elemental (totals almost all of Boros creature base, too bad boros has fallen off the map, still play a couple for off chance and uncounterability.)

SB: 4 Threaten (steals MGA forces and elephants one less blocker for then and one more attacker for me, also with rusulka and 1 more mana they don’t get it back. Also helps against COP by swinging at opponent with their own non-red creatures.)

SB: 3 Word of Seizing (super secret tech, this card does two things very well, stealing a creature from opponent much the same fasion as threaten but also can steal ANY permanent ie: COPS with split second. Set up a board post cop, get 5 mana, steal cop, swing for leathal.)

SB: 2 Gruul Turf (enables large demonfires and smooths curve out to Word of seizing)

Im also conisdering puting in stuffy doll in here too somewhere, any suggestions? Im thinking just cuting martyr and sulfer elemental for it.

cut the guildmages. they cost too much to use. you are using snow lands but you arent using any utilities with em...
scrying sheets... or even mouth of ronom for pro red guys.

id personally be saying that martyr of ashes in sb should be blood moon.

for the main deck magus of the scroll is much more efficient main deck as t costs 3 mana instead of 4 and its another 1 drop speeding up your curve, and plain and simply giant solifuge is da bomb you should be running 4 of him.

+1 giant solifuge -1char,-1 frenzied goblin -2 guildmage +3 magus of the scroll,-4 mountains +4 scrying sheets.
and change the martyr's over to blood moon.
thats what i'd reccommend anyways
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would play 4 demonfire main deck those things are nuts

vodka
SpareSocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're dumb i hate you.
SpareSocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM A PARTY GIRL.
SpareSocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM A PARTY GIRL.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1