Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wild pair deck need help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
toguppy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: wild pair deck need help Reply with quote

ok heres the current decklist it generally goes off on turn 5 or 6 but obv too slow for most decks however im thinking of just stalling cards + wild pair, the combo pieces and lions

// Lands
3 [CS] Snow-Covered Swamp
3 [CS] Snow-Covered Plains
3 [CS] Snow-Covered Forest
1 [TSB] Pendelhaven
4 [TSP] Flagstones of Trokair
2 [RAV] Overgrown Tomb
4 [GP] Godless Shrine
1 [RAV] Temple Garden
2 [RAV] Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree

// Creatures
1 [TSP] Saffi Eriksdotter
1 [DIS] Crypt Champion
1 [RAV] Savra, Queen of the Golgari
2 [PLC] Whitemane Lion
4 [TSB] Wall of Roots
1 [PLC] Necrotic Sliver
1 [PLC] Essence Warden
4 [RAV] Loxodon Hierarch
1 [GP] Graven Dominator

// Spells
4 [PLC] Wild Pair
4 [TSP] Search for Tomorrow
3 [RAV] Chord of Calling
3 [RAV] Putrefy
4 [9E] Phyrexian Arena
3 [RAV] Faith's Fetters

basically get out a wild pair and go for infinite life the next turn. not hard at all but getting there is the problem. any ideas peeps?
thedarkness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k, so how exactly do you tutor out the Essence Warden? You have no other 1/1s.
JonPatton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look through the Forum for the UGwb Wildpair deck me and some others are working on. You need to focus on one or two power/toughness ratios or else Wild Pair isn't effective. You'll be stuck with the wrong PT too often to get what you really need. You have total PT of 2, 4, 5, and 8.

Also, here's a few things that are just inefficient about this build:

Savra is really not that good, because you never want to cast her for her real cost, and she doesn't do much on her own that's abusive
Wall of Roots gets you nothing but more Walls
Search for Tomorrow isn't a creature and would be much better suited as Wood Elves anyway
Hierarchs are a bit redundant when you want to gain infinite life
you're not running enough creatures total to really make Wild Pair worth it or to pay the convoke on Chord often enough
Condemn or Mortify would be better than putrefy, because there aren't any artifacts that you should be worried about that much, and the ones you should be worried about are played in decks with Academy Ruins;
Faith's Fetters is good, but again, I think the life gain is redundant and I'm not sure what you want to fetters with this deck (except ruins so that your Putrefys aren't dead).

By running only one piece of the combo, you're not only cheating yourself out of the possibility of drawign the combo periodically, but you're inviting it to fizzle against any burn deck. And then, there goes your whole plan.

I question the need for Arenas when you can just run creatures like Magus of the Library (a 1/1 to get the Warden) if you REALLY need the card drawing, which I think you wouldn't really if you just ran more creatures. Also, the Arenas aren't actually going to help much against control. They're just counter the few threatening spells you have (4 Hierarchs . . . and even they aren't that threatening if there's a Vampire on the board; and the Wild Pairs, which aren't really a must-counter in this deck if they just Wrath) and let you deck yourself. I'm not convinced, in other words, that you can actually finish the opponent off after you've gained all that life.

What's the point of the single Dominator? Do you plan on turning your Hierarch into a 1/1 the turn it comes into play via WP?

You're also not running the most abusive thing you can really do with WP, which is to get Triskelabus with Elves.
toguppy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup thanks for the info.... one point though. the warden is just back up for infinite life. savra is a 2/2 and gives you infinite life when you sac saffi. something that you can search out with lions. the warden is easy enough to convoke out.. now i dont really have a need to play the life gain thats true... thats why i was asking for ideas for the deck but that does show me what i need to worry about thankyou Razz

oh and with savra the crypt champion means you can kill ALL of their creatures Razz

so

4 wild pair

2 White mane lion
1 savra
1 saffi
1 crypt champion
1 essence warden
4 wood elves
3 chord of calling

and thats what i have atm Razz
SpareSocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're dumb i hate you.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1