Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smooth 5 colour mana base

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Smooth 5 colour mana base Reply with quote

Hey everybody, thanks for reading my thread. I have been playing with a mana base that easily allows for a 5 colour deck. Take a look, and give it a shot.

First of all, choose 1 colour. For this example, I will be choosing blue. I will start with 4 Pillar of the Paruns and 4 Gemstone Mines. Then, add 3 of each shockland with blue in it, and 1 of each Karoo land with blue in it.

4 x Gemstone Mine
4 x Pillar of the Paruns
3 x Breeding Pool
3 x Watery Grave
3 x Hallowed Fountain
3 x Steam Vents
1 x Dimir Aqueduct
1 x Azorius Chancery
1 x Izzet Boilerworks
1 x Simic Growth Chamber

There you have it. Now, there are some rules I have put in place to make it work. The only mono coloured cards must be blue. Make sure every multicoloured card has blue in it. That's it. That's 24 lands, 24 produce blue, and 12 lands produce the correct mana for each other colour! You don't even have to use signets, birds, or farseeks, and save that deckspace for real spells.

The Karoo lands keep the Gemstone Mines happy. The reason for only mono-blue cards, is because 20 lands can be used to cast the Mono blue cards. If you were to put a Stupor in, as an example, you would only have 8 mana sources in the deck to cast it. Not good.

Feel free to give it a shot, and let me know what you think. I like it, and find that it opens a lot of doors for deck versatility. Have fun getting the mana base IRL, lol.
kfcman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pillar was good in block in the many color toolbox decks and 4c sky guy but i think thats where its constructed resume will end.
Middleman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do u actually have a reason to need a 5 color mana base?
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...i'm gonna have to go with a NO on that one. sorry
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't really a question, like, "Gawsh, I sure hope this mana base is good!", it was a statement.

Why would anyone want 5 colours? I don't know. But if someone did, this is one way to do it.

Geez, you guys make things so complicated.
boomwolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only current use for 5-color is slivers...
and slivers loves lots of mono-color cards of every color...so it wont work...

sunburst was never played...so it can't abuse it too...

find a way to improve it...currently its useless...
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a guy, who played 5cc aggro, at Carta Invitational in mtl (Carta being a Store) I happend to be assiting that day, bc i fucking hate this game, anyways, Im sure he cheated, bc he was never color screwed, and always got things out.

he had, Hierarch, watch wolf, grave-shell, and i cant remember, but now that there are the dragons, maybe you should try thos out also
SpareSocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're dumb i hate you.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1