Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Wanted: UR Pandemonium

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
PonyExpress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Help Wanted: UR Pandemonium Reply with quote

// Lands
8 [MM] Island (3)
8 [8E] Mountain (4)
4 [GP] Izzet Boilerworks

// Creatures
4 [PLC] Chronozoa
3 [PLC] Body Double
3 [PLC] Keldon Marauders
3 [TSP] Sage of Epityr

// Spells
4 [TSP] Paradox Haze
4 [PLC] Reality Acid
4 [TSP] Cancel
4 [CHK] Lava Spike
2 [P2] Lava Axe
2 [TSP] Lightning Axe
4 [RAV] Telling Time
3 [TSB] Pandemonium

The win condition is having Chronozoa, 2 Paradox hazes, and a Pandemonium out. I was hoping that I could get some advice on what to tweak, and what to put in my sideboard. Any advice would be appreciated.
DRINKALCOHOL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a bad idea.

I don't even know play dream stalker maybe? That would make things less worse. You can take out the lava spikes that aren't even t2.
Manipulation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRINKALCOHOL wrote:
This is just a bad idea.

I don't even know play dream stalker maybe? That would make things less worse. You can take out the lava spikes that aren't even t2.

I usually don't agree with people who straight up bash a deck idea, but its kinda true here. Your optimal combo doesn't win the game as far as I know (at least not in one turn), and it is 4 cards long. Wrath/Damnation is game, and with 2 hazes, won't your marauders be shocks that can block for a turn without pandemonium? You may want to rethink the way you've executed this deck's game plan.
TheDarkMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take out the Lava Axes. And I highly recommend Viashino Sandstalker for Pandemonium decks. Also, you don't have much countermagic. If you're going to use it to protect yourself, you want more than just Cancel.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will roll over to heavy aggro... this is the only deck i have ever suggested this, but play imaginary pet maindeck.. its 4 pts of dmg per pet per turn with pandemonium for only 2 mana.... plus play dreamstalker and viashino sandstalkers... for 1, the dream stalker can bounce the reality acids to blow something up, or can return a pet to drop again for another 4 dmg, etc.... its a very simple deck to build and play, its just not very competitive unfortunately due to its vulnerability to... well.... everything... unless you rely on the pandemonium for the burn, then you can force all your blue cards to be counter magic to help control the game... once chronozoa hits the board, all you have to do is 'protect'
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps try this

rough outline:

4 cloudstone curio
4 reality acid
4 imaginary pet
4 pandemonium
4 dream stalker
4 remand
4 keldon marauders
4 locket
4 compulsive research

4 steam vents
11 [MM] Island (3)
5 [8E] Mountain (4)
4 [GP] Izzet Boilerworks
boomwolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copy enchantment will make that double haze much more easy to get...and can get you occasional triple or even quadruple haze...(or copy pandemonium...)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1