Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DAMN ML for choosing to support MWS


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Author Message
qwyrxian



Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: DAMN ML for choosing to support MWS Reply with quote

MWS fails. I can't get limited to minis to work with mws...I have to cut, paste, save, and still doesn't work? go to a server? wtf?

Apprentice works. It worke three years ago, it worked last year, it works now, as long as people keep updating the set lists, and they do. If you want to support & encourage MWS, make limited events work easily and smoothly with MWS. If not, MWS should rot in H***. Ever since I started playing magic, I preferred limited. So, M-L decides to switch to support primarly MWS. THat's saying you support constructed over limited. I'm angry angry angry. I was fine when the switch didn't affect me, cuz I could play anyay. Now I'm booted ouyt of a tournament after spending 30 minutes trying to make your system compatibel with mws, the program you support. And I can't. And I don't knwo why, And your 1 active judge can't help me.

Does anyone else see something wrong with this? Or is everyone else just so enamored with constructed magic that limtied doesn't matter.
Back to top
Magx



Joined: 07 Sep 2004
Posts: 452

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: limited sucks Reply with quote

yeah, you read right... getting lucky to have ONE (and sometimes two) copie(s) of each card fucking sucks... people who claims that can know what color you are playing just because of what they can get in each booster are either cheaters or liars (or both). You can't build around anything, and it really just depends on how lucky you get (getting THE bomb at the right moment). So, stop whienning and just play like everybody should.
Back to top
Meatwarz



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one cares about what you think

bye Cool Arrow
Back to top
derflippi
Level 4 Judge


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 1402
Location: Weiterstad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chosing MWS as no1 for magic-league doesn't abandon the use of APprentice.

There are still minis with Apprentice, especially limited - Draft minis
Back to top
RiQuSP



Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: DAMN ML for choosing to support MWS Reply with quote

qwyrxian wrote:
MY MWS fails.


Fail

I never had big issues with MWS in limited mini's, it's just you and only you...
Back to top
Jacois



Joined: 05 Sep 2004
Posts: 1201

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with qwyrxian, MWS sucks. I can still get it to work for me, but it creates a lot of busy work that doesn't occur with apprentice.

The switch was bad.
Back to top
Revik



Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 136

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not get into this, please? MWS is obviously the superior program, people just like apprentice more because they're old and more familiar with it :/
Back to top
MotC



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 73

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS>APPRENTENCE ANYDAY!

There are limited tourneys all the time on apprentence and very few on MWS. Most mws players are constructed players anyway.
Back to top
poopascoopa



Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS is a poorly-made program, plain and simple. It might look prettier and be fancier, but over all, when it comes to reliability and ease, Apprentice beats it by 10 miles.

It was a huge mistake to start forcing people to play with MWS.

Meatwarz, telling someone "Nobody cares what you think." is not a very judge-like attitude. This is the problem with making people who're under 18 judges - immaturity.

If someone has an opinion on something which has to do with Magic-League, it's not your place to belittle them or insult them. I've reported you for your reply and hopefully they'll have a talk with you about it.

You're a judge; act like one, kid.
Back to top
Noob3



Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the switch I have not been able to play much any mini, because my computer has never been able to run MWS but always appr quick & easy.. and now, i never get to play..
Back to top
TD



Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apprentice works.


Apprentice does not “work”. It fails for a very large number of reasons. It is not as user-friendly, it doesn’t allow for undone accidental card draws, and it is far easier to cheat on. Adding insult to injury, Ring of Ma’ruf, the Wish cycle, AND Development do not work in Apprentice. All of these factors together make it an inferior program.

Quote:
So, M-L decides to switch to support primarly MWS. THat's saying you support constructed over limited.


We do support limited. We run limited minis regularly on apprentice. Your argument carries absolutely no water.

However, if the site software could be made more compatible with MWS, I’d much prefer it. Unfortunately, certain cards cause issues.

Quote:
MWS is a poorly-made program, plain and simple. It might look prettier and be fancier, but over all, when it comes to reliability and ease, Apprentice beats it by 10 miles.


That’s just wrong. Both crash on a regular basis, and I have a lot fewer problems with MWS than Apprentice. Moreover, MWS allows for reconnections, which is not possible to my knowledge with Apprentice.

Quote:
Meatwarz, telling someone "Nobody cares what you think." is not a very judge-like attitude. This is the problem with making people who're under 18 judges - immaturity.


While perhaps "no one cares" is not the best response, it is more than likely a truthful one as the original poster does not seem to have any idea what goes on on ML, given that we do, in fact, support limited quite well.

Perhaps you should consider how your own maturity level appears, "poopascoopa". Its hardly the type of user name likely to have arguments about maturity taken seriously.
Back to top
Meatwarz



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Meatwarz, telling someone "Nobody cares what you think." is not a very judge-like attitude. This is the problem with making people who're under 18 judges - immaturity.

I wasn't speaking as a judge.

The switch was def good, appr is an ancient program (non updated since 1999 - lol?) with like 3 hotkeys and awful interface. How can you even compare it with MWS? It's like saying that waggon is better then a car.

And then again - you still can play appr in #apprentice, so whats the problem?
Back to top
Magx



Joined: 07 Sep 2004
Posts: 452

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: DAMN ML for choosing to support MWS Reply with quote

Shinagami wrote:
qwyrxian wrote:
MY MWS fails.


Fail

I never had big issues with MWS in limited mini's, it's just you and only you...


no, it'S "Fails". Third person
Back to top
Magx



Joined: 07 Sep 2004
Posts: 452

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD wrote:
Quote:
Apprentice works.


Apprentice does not “work”. It fails for a very large number of reasons. It is not as user-friendly, it doesn’t allow for undone accidental card draws, and it is far easier to cheat on. Adding insult to injury, Ring of Ma’ruf, the Wish cycle, AND Development do not work in Apprentice. All of these factors together make it an inferior program.

Quote:
So, M-L decides to switch to support primarly MWS. THat's saying you support constructed over limited.


We do support limited. We run limited minis regularly on apprentice. Your argument carries absolutely no water.

However, if the site software could be made more compatible with MWS, I’d much prefer it. Unfortunately, certain cards cause issues.

Quote:
MWS is a poorly-made program, plain and simple. It might look prettier and be fancier, but over all, when it comes to reliability and ease, Apprentice beats it by 10 miles.


That’s just wrong. Both crash on a regular basis, and I have a lot fewer problems with MWS than Apprentice. Moreover, MWS allows for reconnections, which is not possible to my knowledge with Apprentice.

Quote:
Meatwarz, telling someone "Nobody cares what you think." is not a very judge-like attitude. This is the problem with making people who're under 18 judges - immaturity.


While perhaps "no one cares" is not the best response, it is more than likely a truthful one as the original poster does not seem to have any idea what goes on on ML, given that we do, in fact, support limited quite well.

Perhaps you should consider how your own maturity level appears, "poopascoopa". Its hardly the type of user name likely to have arguments about maturity taken seriously.


there is the truth... poeple who still think that Apprentice is still better are wrong
Back to top
Magx



Joined: 07 Sep 2004
Posts: 452

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meatwarz wrote:
Quote:
Meatwarz, telling someone "Nobody cares what you think." is not a very judge-like attitude. This is the problem with making people who're under 18 judges - immaturity.

I wasn't speaking as a judge.

The switch was def good, appr is an ancient program (non updated since 1999 - lol?) with like 3 hotkeys and awful interface. How can you even compare it with MWS? It's like saying that waggon is better then a car.

And then again - you still can play appr in #apprentice, so whats the problem?


You are a judge, you should always act like one, ESPECALLY IN YOUR FIELD OF WORK. If you write something in magic league and it'S about magic (whatever subject, program whatever) and you are a judge, you have to act like one. It's not "ooh, today, I m not feeling like a judge, so I willl write something not as a judge". If you want to write something not as a judge, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP.


P.S. : WHAT ? there is no rulings saying that you must be 18 years old or over to be a judge ?
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy