Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnngggggg

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Booya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnngggggg Reply with quote

Hey all,
I have been playing with this deck online and have been wondering if I should make it into flesh and blood. I was thinking of playing it at FMN or something of the sorts. I would love to make this better and anyway you could help me would be greatly appreciated; that said, don't spam with how "good" some crappy deck your playing is going and how yours would "so tootaly pwn ur's nub", and please, PLEASE have a point.

NAME: Uuuunnnngghhhhh!
16 Swamp
4 Blood Crypt
2 Sulfurous Springs
4 Lord of the Undead
4 Crypt Champion
4 Withered Wretch
4 Undead Warchief
4 Stromgald Crusader
4 Skulking Knight
3 Twisted Abomination
2 Demonfire
4 Cruel Edict
2 Bad Moon
3 Nantuko Husk
Sideboard:
SB: 2 Bad Moon
SB: 2 Rough/Tumble
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 4 Persecute
SB: 3 Darkblast

Once again, any constructive comments will make me grateful.
Bozo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question, no, I would not put that together in real life, even though it looks rather cheap to build, simply because of all the bad matchups you are bound to have. UWR AngelFire, UW PickleTron, Dralnu du Louvre, and I mean, it seems like Boros and Monogreen have a faster clock, so honestly I don't see any reason to put it together. You aren't even running Dark Confidant...
Magx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and huh.. Flesh and blood ? I thought cards were made of CARDBOARDS ! Razz
Via

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not mentioning that zombies doesnt have blood anymore.

I think that average casting cost is too high for creature deck. Maybe that is the reason for not playing Dark Confidant. Playing 8 creatures for 4 mana is way too much.

I would consider playing 4 green Leylines in sideboard to get a fair, luck-based chance to fight Dralnu, Pickles, UW and others counter-based controls.

U can also try to import Haakon somehow (Poxes, Delirium Skeins) You are already playing 8 knights and Haakon is Zombie as well.

Give a cut to Nantuko Husk, he is better with cheaper creatures.
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via wrote:

errr.. not true = have you ever seen a zombie exploding ? if they don't have blood, I m wondering what is gushing all over the place...ok they don't "use it" like it should but they MORE THAN plenty of blood
jheezy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magx wrote:
Via wrote:

errr.. not true = have you ever seen a zombie exploding ? if they don't have blood, I m wondering what is gushing all over the place...ok they don't "use it" like it should but they MORE THAN plenty of blood

stop trying to be funny its not working
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh need bob!
Bigshow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one time, at Jew camp, there was sooo much discard that screwed ppl over
Booya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, I see I have to explain myself a little here...

Lord of the Undead - Pump and resurrection. Keeps the peeps cheeky and can help turn a game around vs. mass removal.

Crypt Champion- With a lot of pump sources, a double striker is nothing to chortle at. Proves himself after a field wipe or on the offensive. He stays in hand until late game, bringing back Lord of the Undead to help get back all of the guys from earlier on.

Withered Wretch- Seeing a lot of graveyard manipulation, I deemed him a good two drop. He helps to stay around and pick off any targets that the enemy might want, and also clears the way for Crypt Champion.

Undead Warchief- Though a bit expensive for a 3/2, the +2/+1 is invaluable once it hits the field. Any of my cards on the field turn into 4/3's, which is formidable whatever the case.

Stromgald Crusader- Cutting through the sky, this crusader is this Jew's savior. He can help trample over the ground in stalemates and proves extra useful during white boros mach-ups.

Skulking Knight- I know this was an odd inclusion, but he does have a purpose. The ability, I've found, is actually not so bad. Most things in T2 that target kill it anyways without the ability, and against Boros he counters the life gaining effects. Other things that target, such as pump's and enchantments will usually be used to kill him in combat, but I do concede he does have drawbacks. If I find something that has continual pinging capabilities, I tend to side him out for some wholesome Darkblasts or something else that will fare better. But. having a 3/3 flanker for three mana is a good thing.

Twisted Abomination- Not usually played as a creature. Usually he is used as mana-tutoring and can be brought back later in the game.

Demonfire- A good, flexible burn, helps against those pesky regenerators or to kill huge variations in creatures.

Cruel Edict- Cheap creature removal that doesn't target. Gets rid of the lonely freshly cast big creature on the other side of the board, or that ever-enduring Paladin Il Vec.

Bad Moon - A good creature pump, is a 2 mana Glorious anthem in most occasions. Against mono black, is traded out for a persecute.

Nantuko Husk - I had high expectations for him, but sadly he is leaving here...

Sideboard:

Bad Moon - Help for when I need quality over quantity

Rough/Tumble - Again, he is biting the dust. See-ya!

Leyline of the Void- Another tool against graveyard manipulation, such as Dralnu

Persecute - Godly when faced with MGA or Boros or Dralnu du Louvre

Darkblast - Extra protection from weenies or MGA.

Also, here are the changes that I made to It in the following days:
Out- 3 Nantuko Husk, 2 Rough/Tumble, 2 Bad Moon , 1 Persecute,
1 Darkblast

In - 3 Rakdos Guildmage, 2 Void, 4 Blood Moon

Taking into account what you guys said, I pondered over tron match ups and decided to put in Blood Moon, considering it kills tron and screws anyone playing with mostly duals.

The Guildmages help in a variety of ways, most of which I'm too tired to explain.

And last but not least I added in Void to help with pro R/B creatures.

And again, I urge all comments be CONSTRUCTIVE, mister Bigshow, Vodka_drink, jheezy, and Magx...

Oh and BOBS WOULD NOT WORK IN THIS >.<
I am playing a zombie deck. Bob is not a zombie. I am also playing with 8 4cc and 3 6cc's. WHY THE HELL WOULD I RUN BOBS?!?!?
Bigshow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discard is hot tho
Booya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you have rephrased that then so it didn't sound so stupid? The first time around it sounded alot more like storytelling than advice.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1