Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A lesson to MGA scrubs.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
ebbitten

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who gives a damn about card advantage, looka at any vintage deck and theyll have a black lotus which is PMG card disadvantage, magic is about killing the oppenent not enlarging your hand.
PsyK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks groundbreaker is a bad card is a retard, and anyone who plays it turn 2 is a retard.

So how many retards we got?
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Are there really no good players here?

Anyone?
jheezy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Wow. Are there really no good players here?

Anyone?

card advantage isnt a win condition. bringin ur opp down to 0 is
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois is an idiot, bc he doesnt sell why he is saying it, and Goji said the main reason, Board Position, k, u smack for alot of dmg, but then what happens? plus there is still alot of removal, Darkblast, Last grasp, Shock, Helix, the list goes on, plus if your opp Condemns it, you shouldn't be that happy either, sure you gain 6, but you lost your beast, and gave them a fre turn bc u tapped out, and then you cant do cool tricks like " resp to anything you do, Scryb Ranger"
dsad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, someone finally has the balls to say that they are bad cards. Folks, stick to yer ol' Solifuges.
dsad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, someone finally has the balls to say that they are bad cards. Folks, stick to yer ol' Solifuges.
Rawrer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't suck at magic if you play turn 2 groundbreaker; rather you're playing a bad deck cos there are better green cards out there than groundbreaker.

You suck at magic when you, in a lightning frenzy, play pyrohemia with no mana left, only to realize 0.5 second later that you'll have to sac it cos there are no creatures in play. AKA me.
A deck with pyrohemia is a bad deck btw. Or so I noticed.
TD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
thats a good play. Why? Because I just hit you for 6 before you hit me even 1 yet. Accounting for me going first cause I'm sexy and you playing some random deck using WoG and Damnation(you said it, not me) you just got hit for 6. Now, I can drop ANY creature down next turn and have a more adiquette(spelling error!) speed over you. Why? Well quite simple really...

The thing that you don’t understand is that this is actually a bad play. The reason is, of course, that life totals don’t matter when they’re greater than 1. Now, mind you, taking me down to 14 seems good, but what it actually does is eliminate a card from your hand without me having to deal with anything. You’ve still got an empty board, and I’m at 14. I can now drop out something, or cast a draw spell, or hold open mana, so when you try and drop a real creature, I’ll counter it or just instantly destroy it in response. What you’ve done is given up your tempo to deal me six damage. If you’d dropped a 3/3 instead, I’d now have to deal with that 3/3, and am probably behind because of it. Groundbreaker is a lot better when I’m at a lower life total; you don’t burn people from 20 to 17 life because it’s a waste of cards. However, if I’m at 6, its worth it because then the next spell kills me. Spending your 6-range kill to drop me to 14 is a bad idea unless you have a second one in hand, because it gives me information on what my life total actually is.

It also doesn’t help that a single Darkblast shuts down your entire plan, which is reason #768 MGA isn’t very good.

Quote:
bam your now down to 9-10 before you have any time to react. You start your defenses turn 3-4 baised on control. WoG here, Damnation here, but with quick shot creatures like Solfiage, Timbermare, and Groundbreaker I can shoot you dead in 2 more turns and still not give a fuck if you despose of my creatures on your turn. Newsflash: When you have a dozen huge cheap green creatures with haste, why do you care if they last long? They're creating a threat and even a groundbreaker, while true being theoretically card disadvantage, is still very sexy when its crushing you far faster then you can react.

The problem is that if all your creatures don’t stick around, what ends up happening is that you have to topdeck to win, and all my instant speed removal time walks you and worse, because you don’t have any threats on the board. Burning a Timbermare or Groundbreaker early is a bad idea for this very reason; if you have a 5/5 around I have to actually deal with, I’m in a lot more trouble than if you just puke out a 5/5, swing once, and then have nothing.

Quote:
Jacois is an idiot, bc he doesnt sell why he is saying it, and Goji said the main reason, Board Position, k, u smack for alot of dmg, but then what happens? plus there is still alot of removal, Darkblast, Last grasp, Shock, Helix, the list goes on, plus if your opp Condemns it, you shouldn't be that happy either, sure you gain 6, but you lost your beast, and gave them a fre turn bc u tapped out, and then you cant do cool tricks like " resp to anything you do, Scryb Ranger"

Worth noting, Condemn is not Swords to Plowshares. STP would give you six life, but if I condemn your Groundbreaker, you’re gaining 1 life, which is rather mediocre.

Mono green aggro is simply not a good deck. It is a budget deck, and good for a budget deck, but it is horrible as for being a real deck. It cannot deal with combo and any halfway decent control deck thrashes it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2