Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casual T2 slivers

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Flamancipatr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Casual T2 slivers Reply with quote

After opening up my Planar Chaos box I became intrigued by the amount of variety in slivers in T2. I quickly assumed that with a lack of something like Crystalline Sliver that they'll probably be uncompetitive, but I'm still thinking of constructing something not too expensive but also fun to play.

Here's something I whipped together quickly:

4 Telekinetic Sliver
4 Watcher Sliver
4 Screeching Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Necrotic Sliver
3 Essence Sliver
4 Psionic Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
3 Dormant Sliver

4 Remand (my favourite spell)

4 Yavimaya Coast
4 Frost Marsh
4 Boreal Shelf
2 Brushland
4 Arctic Flats
4 Gemstone Mine

Sideboard will include things like Harmonic Sliver/Krosan Grip, Tormod's Crypt, Circle of Protection: Red, Bottled Cloister, and what-not (not too concerned about it)

I like the card advantage of Dormant Sliver while maintaining win conditions like Psionic Sliver and Screeching Sliver. Telekinetic Sliver and Necrotic Sliver have been great board control in my playtesting. Might/Sinew/Watcher may become redundant but their purpose is obvious aggro and the ability to survive the psionic sliver ablility. I like Gemhide Sliver's ability to empty my hand by turn 4 or 5. Essence Sliver is basically in there to make some sort of attempt to recuperate from the slow early game and hopefully prevent being burned out by Demonfire, Char, etc.

My intention is to keep it almost utility-oriented with Dormant Sliver on the board + Screeching/Psionic Sliver while maintaining the variety and entertaining play that the sliver deck offers.

Any suggestions based around these considerations will be greatly appreciated Smile .

(Remember, I said I'm trying to keep this rather inexpensive, don't suggest dual lands, I don't want to shed out like $300 to get all that I would need).

I also acknowledge that Wrath of God/Damnation own me, but against them, I just plan on not overextending Wink
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice deck, I think you've put a fun, mildly competitive deck together. By mildly, I of course mean tier 3, but like you said, it's casual.

My only advice would be to cut the Necrotic sliver as it is your only black card. Maybe even cut green, replacing the Mightsliver with Poultrice Sliver. That way you won't need ANY colour fixing. Perfect.
kilomitro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think b/w/r slivers would be more competative.

sidwinder
sinew
Two headeded
cautery
nerotic
sedge
essence

these are the best i.e. most agreesive slivers. essance is probly the worst but cute in multiples.

youll need a set of each duals, gemstone mines and maybe flagstones for mana fixing.
PsyK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think uwr slivers would be even more competitive with opaline and frenetic. Slivers main problem is it can be hard to keep enough on the board for them to mass up to a decent size. They also require over extension. Those two slivers help you absorb the problems associated with a sliver deck while their colours keep counters and burn options open.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i first saw all the tasty slivers in PC, I too thought "WBR SLIVERS OMG SEDGE+SINEW=I WIN YOU LOSE HAHAHAHAHAH" but then i realized that both damnation AND wrath of god read ".....They cannot be regenerated." Funny how two cards have the exact same text...I wonder why that is...but anyways PsyK is right (even if his name suxx0rz). Frenetic sliver+opaline sliver along with some more control elements has potential, as they curb overextension and the need to have many slivers.
Revik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilomotro wrote:

i think b/w/r slivers would be more competative.

sidwinder
sinew
Two headeded <=============WTF OMG THAT ONE SUCKS
cautery
nerotic<==========that ones not that great either
sedge
essence

these are the best i.e. most agreesive slivers. essance is probly the worst but cute in multiples.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol just sayin'
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i play in TSP block its actually quite competitve.

4 cautery Sliver
4 sinew sliver
4 sidewinder sliver
3 bonesplitter
4 sedge sliver
3 neurotic sliver
2 essence sliver
1 Plutomic sliver

4 sudden shock
4 riftbolt
3 Griffin guide

3 prismatic Lens

7 Plains
7 Mountain
5 Swamp
2 Terramorphic expanse

Sb hasnt been made but 2 x essence is a gaurente and maby some B removal such as strangling soot and some black hand disrupt like stupor

reminder this is for block
killakiwi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

three color deck and you only use 2 terramorphic expanse? I think your crazy.
boomwolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too...

anyway...i think W/G/R is best sliver combo out there...

and when FS comes out the best will be 5C sliver-only because of the sliver legion...he will rock...(sliver legion=WUBRG for a 7/7 coat of arms sliver)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1