Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crashing

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
IgnisFatuus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Crashing Reply with quote

Whenever play a game on MWS, the game-interface window just keeps randomly closing. It does not freeze or give me and error message: it just closes as thought I had closed it myself. I have never experienced this problem before, and the regular deck-editing part of the program works just fine. Does anyone know why this might keep happening? Any suggestions?
poopascoopa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS sucks. It always has and it always will. They fucked up by forcing people to play trials with it.

It might be 'prettier' than Apprentice, but all around, Apprentice kicks its ass.

In the last 3 years, Apprentice has maybe frozen up on me 4 or 5 times. MWS has crashed about 30 times in the first 6 months I was using it. I will NEVER download that piece of shit to my computer again.
IgnisFatuus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing with MWS for about two years now and this is the first real issue I have had with it. It crashes during both solitare and regular games. I have not been able to play for about a month or two, so I am not really sure what all has changed on my computer since I last played.
iKe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I could suggest is reinstalling it.
Sampo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS blows I can't even load my deck on it anymore or save decks... it just gets buggier by the day.
IgnisFatuus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just reinstalled the whole program...and its still doing the same thing. Blah! Any further suggestions?
Mihealsick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mws sure is a piece of shit. I try and connect for random pick-up games on mwsnet, and over half of my games are interrupted and I lose connection. Apprentice would get a little screwy every once in a while, but even that was about 1 in 50.

If you got the planar chaos patch from before the official patch came out, then try getting the official and re-patching.
SOAD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the truth is that MWS doesnt suck, your computers does, I noticed it, a while ago, My computer is a crap and I get bugged more usual as normal, and I downloaded it on a new computer and it runs sweet, no errors, or buggs, also while playing online, there are ways to cause a bug intentionaly, one of those is by doing things your opponent will do at the same time,as for example, you may know that using Ctrl-+/Alt-+ you can change anycards power and toughtnes in any place of the board, including you opponents side, so if you ocacionaly change the power and toughtnes of your oppo's creatures while he is doing the same its equal to an error. Cool

MWS owns, it needs a good computer to work perfectly and buggless.

My best suggestion is: If you are a Computer gamer use Win 98 in rts32 partition.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1