Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GUdraw

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ShadowS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: GUdraw Reply with quote

//NAME: Untitled Deck
5 Island
5 Forest
4 Simic Growth Chamber
4 Yavimaya Coast
4 Breeding Pool
4 Piracy Charm
4 Ovinize
4 Call of the Herd
3 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
3 Llanowar Elves
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Repeal
4 Remand
4 Ohran Viper
4 Aeon Chronicler
SB: 4 Carven Caryatid
SB: 2 Shadow of Doubt
SB: 2 Silklash Spider
SB: 2 Riptide Pilferer
SB: 2 Biorhythm
SB: 3 Seal of Primordium

Heres a deck I have been working on thats been giving me some decent results. (Albiet, results againts random M-L's is hardly testing). I think it went around 10-2 in matches. 1 of those was to the sheer top decking skills of KriswithaK. (I h8 playing you =P)

The deck is made to abuse the power of Aeon Chronicler, who I consider to be the best card in Planar Chaos. Repeal, Ohran, Remand and bouncelands keep your hand full of cards (as well as annoying effects to your opponents), then a suspended Aeon for 1 nets you a card and swings for 5-7, hopefully on turn 4. Coth doesn't net a card, but flashbacking it can save you the trouble from having to cast one. Also, its Coth. Teferi allows you to suspend as an instant, as well as hoses counterspells in general.

The deck has the ability to drop the 2nd turn ohran or CoTH, which we all know is always good.

I ran what I considered the two best spot removals for a GU deck. Piracy charm can kill opposing elves, birds, groundbreakers, dark confidants and savanah lions. It also can give random islandwalk, or +2 damage wins, and if its not at all relevent, just trade a card with an opponent. Ovinize deals with almost everything else, causing even the mighty akroma to lose a fight to a llanlower elf.

The only forseeable problem is that a 15 card SB may not be enough.. I can only SB so much vs specific matches. Vs aggro, I would think carven is enough. The match is already kinda favorable so maybe they can be scaled back. But they sure do have synergy with the deck..

Shadow of the Doubt is for Dragonstorm. Or uh, Mana Ramp. =P You could honestly play trickbind, more shadows of doubt.. depends how much DS is gonna be played still. This deck draws alot so getting to cards is easier, still 2 seems like its not enough.

Silklash was put in because silhana and scryb ranger were annoying the hell out of me. They didn't *kill* me, but they almost did. And I'm sure a more aggressive silhana would have. 2 seems fine, I played another guy with a deck with silhana and scryb and drew into it fine.

Ripetide was a card I put in vs DS or random control. It's more of a test card, and I don't know yet if its good. Seems good.

Biorythm ala martyrtron. I first thought about that life gaining grizzly bear, but decided againts it. I think Bio is still the method of choice to cutting marytr to size.

Seal.. I like it more than naturalize and krosan. I figured the deck needed it for mesa, or perhaps if glare comes about. You may be able to cut one here.

Either way I'm pretty confident in the maindeck, so test it out, see what SB tech you can find and let me know. Or eye it from the forums here and tell me what you think.
ShadowS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I suggest YOU go to gatherer and reread him. Specifically the first two words of the relevent ability.
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
Go to mtg.com and search for Teferi on gatherer. You will find a ruling about suspend...suspended spells do not fire as long as Tef is in play.

Only suspended spells from the opponent do not work.
h0m3r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ovinize seems like a really weak card, perhaps rune snag or psionic blast would be better?
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovinize is like a semi-fog. really. it can also protect you against creature abilities and such. not that bad. it's no psionic blast, though.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1