Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions For Magic Trivia

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Drizzs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Questions For Magic Trivia Reply with quote

Heya guys... i've been looking long and hard for a list of magic trivia questions, to put in a Magic Channel for everyones enjoyment!.

But i was'nt very successfull.. SO since i know the format:P and i know how to make questions i thought i'd make a list of my own but i personally cant make 4000 questions alone ahaha.. Soo im asking for your help.

Now the format in which questions must be submited.

Flavor Text: Ach, Hans Run, Its the ______ *Lhurgoyf
Magic Players: Who was the winner of the first World Championship of Magic *Zak Dolan

Question then a * then the answer directly after of it!

Please help me out guys! give me as many questions as you can think up please

As well the questions will be put into catagories like Flavor Text questions umm.. Card Names, Abilities whatnot im not sure what im gonna make we'll see how the questions come about.. but if enough people participate and i get enough responce with this i will make sure that everyone knows where the Trivia is at and can participate...

THanks

Drizzs

Last edited by Drizzs on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's spelled "Lhurgoyf."

Card Names: This Legend from Legends is the only gold card in the history of Magic with a name that starts with "X". *Xira Arien

Card Names: Everyone knows this guy as "Tim". *Prodigal Sorcerer

Card Names: Of the three cards in Magic history that cost 3UUU, this one is an instant. *Spelljack

Flavor text: This is the phrase that starts the flavor text of each Guildpact Nephilim. *When it awoke
Drizzs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Edited:P

Good questions Good examples for everyone looking to help out:)

Thanks again

Drizzs
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What was the misprinted cost of Orcish Oriflamme? *1R

2. What land is in more sets than any other? Why? *Mountain. It was the only basic in Arabian Nights.

3. What dual land was omitted from the alpha print run? Volcanic Island.

4. What other ccg saw its card backs on the back of some Fallen Empires cards? * Wyvern
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who warned Hans of the Lhurgoyf? *Saffi Eriksdotter

In which set was Counterspell last printed? *7th Edition

What was the name of the Firemane Angel that was friends with Agrus Kos in the Ravnica novels? *Feather

What legend is pictured on the Spite half of the card Spite/Malice? *Teferi

Dark Confidant was created by what pro tour player? *Bob Maher

Which card pictures baby Draining Whelks? *Mana Drain

Iconic Mana Costs, 2WW *Wrath of God

Iconic Mana Costs, UU *Counterspell

Iconic Mana Costs, 1G *Grizzly Bears

Iconic Mana Costs, 3WW *Serra Angel
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Card Names: Which card is also known as "Finkel"
*Shadowmage Infiltrator

Flavor text: Fill in the missing part of this flavor text of a famous card:
'........ ..... chant so loudly that no one can get a spell in edgewise'
*Meddling Mages

Flavor text: From which card is the following flavor text? 'They exist to cease'
*Phyrexian Negator
Arathomir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the only card to be banned in Legacy and restricted in Vintage before it was ever legal in those sets: Mind's Desire.

This card's abuse of the end of turn rule led to an emergency ban of it shortly after it was legal in Constructed formats: Memory Jar.

This card was originally banned in Extended the first time it was printed, but wasn't rebanned when it was reprinted in 2004: Juggernaut.

Which Pro Tour was won with Ravager Affinity?: Pro Tour Columbus 2004.

Which card was errated to add "until end of turn" before it was released in Kamigawa Block? Oboro Envoy.

Which card was errated to add "from play" after it was released to prevent abuse of the rules error? Rukh Egg.

Which card's name contains an anagram of the name of Richard Garfield's first wife? Wyluli Wolf.

Which timeshifted card features artwork that wasn't released on a non-promotion version of the card? Voidmage Prodigy.

This was the first card to be intentionally printed with no mana cost: Evermind.

This card was originally printed with a mana cost of 55: Aladdin's Lamp.

How many copies of Squire were played by any of the Top 8 decks from 2006 Standard Champs? 1.

This Hall of Famer failed to qualify for Pro Tour San Diego after having qualified and played in every Pro Tour that had been held beforehand: Darwin Kastle.

This Pro Tour was the first one to be won by a Japanese Player: Pro Tour Kobe 2004.

Had this American player played out his 18th round match and won it, his opponent would not have made the top 8 and end up becoming the champion at Worlds 2006: Shaheen Soorani.

This player lost the Rookie of the Year title by getting disqualified on Day 2 of Worlds 2006: Takahiro Suzuki.
SOAD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arathomir,as a good non-frined of you I'll suggest you to get a life, altough you amazed me with your questions, they make me think about ppl that reads MTG articles instead of Books. Confused IOW: Sad

Flavor Text: "Wizards fought over the stone to exploit its power, Goblins fight over it because it's shiny.*Bightstone Ritual
Drizzs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arathomir Thanks man good stuff

Soad... be nice...

Keep em rolling guys
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1