Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny ways to die in a game of magic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Rawrer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Funny ways to die in a game of magic Reply with quote

Tell us some stories of really stupid ways you or your opponent died in a game.

Just moments ago, my Dark Confidant killed me by pulling Autochton Wurm whilst having 14 life. Here you can check it out: http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4559/rofloloi1.jpg

Also, a few months ago, I was playing in a Bring your own T2 tourney. I was playing good old Krark-Clan Ironworks, my opponent played some mono-black aggro.
Anyways, he had some creatures & plague spitter out. At some point I get myr incubator out and activate it to get about 25 myrs, ofcourse they all die to the plague spitter. His turn, all his creatures swing for about 7 dmg, I drop to 1 life. So, my turn, I activate goblin charbelcher, because I took out all my lands with the incubator. but guess what? I only have 19 cards left in my deck!
Charbelcher deals 19 damage to my opponent, so we're both at 1 life, next turn, his plague spitter deals 1 damage to us both and we're dead. Smile
ynnus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i killed an opponent by giving him 1 mana with spectral searchlight one time. That was funny. not just for the last 1 life though. took out over 10 life that way
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Nefarious Lich TUrn2, my opponent responded to the following spell with high tide, reset, cunning wish, chain of vapor Sad
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had pthisis suspended, he had greater gargadon suspended, i had a timebug. do the math
Thorns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once made my opponent lose via Test of Endurance!
This other time, I swung into my opponent's cluttered board with my Birds of Paradise, he let it go so I Giant Growth-ed it, then Berserk-ed it three times!
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the old Trix (Ilussion of Grandeaur + Donate) I ran out of Illusions. Donated a Mana Crypt and killed the opponent with that along and handful of turns. Laughing

Last edited by Malhavoc on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
kfcman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was playing a T2 UW Aggro deck and my opponent was playing a UR Aggro Deck
we were both at 6 life when I decided to eot dome him with psionic blast and he responded by charring me
it was fantastic
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at my card shop's weekly draft and it was game 3 ...I forget exactly what the board was like but i was down 6-3 and i think i had a 3/4 out and he had 3 points of attack on the field... I had S-blast in my hand and instead of attacking and hoping he didn"t block for the tie i decided it would be smarter to s-blast first and kill his stuff taking him down to 3 then attack... so I tap and say I'll play sulfurous blast and he goes ok...so I look down at my life sheet too take his 3 off and I go "oh shit" and one of the guys Tom who was watching goes..."You just killed yourself didn't you?" and i was like yea and he starts laughing like hell. I asked my opponent if he woulda chumped when i attacked and he said yea so i felt better.
Tinefol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was playing Owl, my opponent cranialed my owls and my sudden impacts.
Guess what, I decked him, putting down 4 howling mines and kami and using 3 boomerangs eot to save myself from being decked Smile
Taoofss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was playing, owl, oppent cranialed the impacts and owls on the same turn, i had him at 1 life though, swung with kami the next turn for the game. He had removal in hand, however he tapped out for a draw spell.
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing some janky casual mono red legacy deck playing against U/x control. My board was cleared and my hand was empty, but I had him down to 1 life and then I topdeck zap for the win Razz
Eldar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing burning-tog in 1.x last extended season against dredgatog. He is at like 18 life with tog in hand I have llawan, and nightscape familiar in play but he has meloku in play with lethal tokens out. I count the cards in his deck and notice 4. I play deep analysis on myself costing me three mana but I float four and leave myself with one untapped island and he taps out to mana leak it which I of course allow and procede to flashback 2 deep analysis for 2 mana total and go to 2 life to make him draw his deck and pass turn to see him cry as his meloku and tokens eager to attack die to his empty library.

Another one playing scepter/chant with chant on a scepter and lock enabled. He is playing some janky red deck and managed to get a charbelcher in play which i wished disenchant for. Then the next turn while I am tapped out he proceeds to play his second one of two and lucksack his way to a win despite my angel beating him down every turn.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ynnus wrote:
i killed an opponent by giving him 1 mana with spectral searchlight one time. That was funny. not just for the last 1 life though. took out over 10 life that way

I won a game at FNM with Eminent Domain by dealing all 20 damage with Spectral Searchlight. I had a Keiga out by the time I won, but I just didn't feel like attacking with it. Razz

The best game I ever saw was my friend playing in a sealed game, making himself look like a total noob so his opponent would overcommit, which he did, bringing my friend down to one. The next turn, he untapped, played Reverse the Sands, and swung for the win. His opponent was not happy.

My overall favorite win was when, in multiplayer, I was playing with a really dumb deck and managed to get my god draw: Turn 1 land, turn 2 Flame Rift, turn 3 Seething Song Kaboom revealing Draco for the win.
Sampo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 hits from a blood pet. I'm serious.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Funny ways to die in a game of magic Reply with quote

Rawrer wrote:
Tell us some stories of really stupid ways you or your opponent died in a game.

Just moments ago, my Dark Confidant killed me by pulling Autochton Wurm whilst having 14 life. Here you can check it out: http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4559/rofloloi1.jpg

Thats funny but y would u have the wurm and bob in the same deck ever?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4