Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which are the stupidity limits of players???

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Deejay_archy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I really don't understand the point of all this... the ideia was for us to share some of the absurds that we have witness in games or chats! And the main point should have been the fact that some people simply have an atitude problem, and that makes them act really stupid!
But if U want to make this a grammar problem, be my guest! I already admited that I make some mistakes... But I would like to see U post things in other languages (than your own) and then we would see how many mistakes U would do!!!
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual games found on the MWS server end like this about 4/5 games. It really is a terrible place to play. In the past week i've had...
1: Some guy say "fuck" and disconnect when he lost the dice roll...
2: Someone tried to Pithing Needle Life from the Loam then call me a noob 100x when I tried to explain then, "Player Lost" and made a game called "Nahholmes is a noob" on the server.
3. About 5 people call me a fucking noob and disconnect in resp to second turn Smallpox or third turn Vindicate a land.
4: Then the people who disconnect when I play unorthodox cards assuming I'm some scrub and a waste of time.

All in all about 2/3 games on MWS server end in dissapointment. The best is people who put there "record" up. Like "Player 24-1-0" This one guy did that and we had a disconnect midgame when I was winning. When I went back to the room it was "Player 25-1-0".
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:
It really is a terrible place to play. In the past week i've had...
1: Some guy say "fuck" and disconnect when he lost the dice roll...

LOL!! That's HILARIOUS!! I've yet to have someone try that with me. Geez, where do these people come from?

Oh, and I think I've played that guy who 'screams' : "New T2 tech, 24 wins in a ROW!!!!" Heh, I beat him, then he's posting 25 wins in a row. It's so lame. Funny though.
thranarama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had something stupid happen to me, like a guy who thought that Serum Powder drew you 13 cards because you would get the 7 from Serum Powder and 6 from the mulligan hand. I tried to explain to him that if a card would let you draw 6 cards for free everyone would play it cuz it is broken. I also explained that the decision is for either the serum powder ability OR the mulligan, not both, and he quit because he said i was a noob. It is really dumb when people call you a noob after you tell them the RIGHT way that a card works. I even got a Magic-League judge's ruling and showed it to him and he said i was wrong.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thranarama wrote:
I had something stupid happen to me, like a guy who thought that Serum Powder drew you 13 cards because you would get the 7 from Serum Powder and 6 from the mulligan hand. I tried to explain to him that if a card would let you draw 6 cards for free everyone would play it cuz it is broken. I also explained that the decision is for either the serum powder ability OR the mulligan, not both, and he quit because he said i was a noob. It is really dumb when people call you a noob after you tell them the RIGHT way that a card works. I even got a Magic-League judge's ruling and showed it to him and he said i was wrong.

I actually had to deal with that for a while when I played "type one" at this shop back in buffalo. Serum Powder had just come out and no one was sure how it worked. The head judge there ruled that you draw 13 cards instead of seven, so everyone and their mother was playing it in every combo deck. I read on mtg.com's saturday school that you only draw seven cards, but I wasn't the head judge, so nobody believed me. I stopped playing there shortly after. By the way, "type one" means everyone was playing broodstar affinity teked out to beat budget 'gorger builds and burn decks. One day I borrowed my friends power and went there with stax and wooped everyone 2-0, I was told I wasn't allowed to play that deck anymore and if I brought it back, I would be banned. Shortly after that, the format was switched to 1.5.

Another time in a team t2 ptq, my opponent was rolling on ecstacy and playing some bad magnivore build against my heartbeat deck, he played Time Ebb targetting my Sensei's Diving top...

Last edited by kendiggy on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
TheRetard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry in advance for being a noob, but what am I missing about the topic post?

It seems t o me that Eternal was right, because the Oracle text of Sword of Fire and Ice reads, "Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, Sword of Fire and Ice deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you draw a card." Since Eternal blocked with his wall, the elves never did combat damage to a player and the ability did not trigger.

So... is Deejay_archy just being a moron for failing to see that after he posted it online, or am I missing something obvious?
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the people on MWS can be quite ridiculous. However, one time I played one of these "Player is 23-2" people before. I beat him, and thought he was going to go 24-2, but no, he actually did put up the loss (23-3). He was playing D-storm and I was playing mono-black.

I've had someone try and take back an instant and a sorcery with Izzet Chronarch, arguing that the term "or" in logic can be used as "and". I had someone try and make my jitte pro-white with Eight-and-a-half tails when I was equipping it to my sav lions. The guy quit saying that I didnt know what I was talking about.

I was playing my (yes my) Saffi-Crypt Champion-Soul Warden combo deck that I created (it's a bad deck people, why would I try and take credit for a bad deck) on MWS and I couldn't make it through a tenth of the games. Everyone yelled, screamed, and said that it didn't work. I even had one guy tell me that they errated (sp?) Crypt Champion saying it could only be done once per turn. This guy was an m-l player. He even had me (and himself) go to the judges room to get the ruling on if Crypt Champion was errated or not.

I am currently playing a lot White-Green Aggro right now, and people quit caling me a noob when they ask for serious playtesting. The deck is quite good, it has almost the same matchups against the field as boros, except that it beats boros. Turn two Soltari Priest into turn 3 moldervine cloak is a pretty good play I hear. Stonewood Invocation is amazing in the metagame.
Deejay_archy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRetard wrote:
Sorry in advance for being a noob, but what am I missing about the topic post?

It seems t o me that Eternal was right, because the Oracle text of Sword of Fire and Ice reads, "Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, Sword of Fire and Ice deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you draw a card." Since Eternal blocked with his wall, the elves never did combat damage to a player and the ability did not trigger.

So... is Deejay_archy just being a moron for failing to see that after he posted it online, or am I missing something obvious?

Yes, you are missing something obvious! I was the blocking player and he was attacking! So before calling names to someone plz read twice! It helps!
ynnus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy tried to do djin illuminatus and seething song for unlimited mana. and then play grapeshot. after he played the djin, he just said gg and showed me the song and shot. i said how do u win? and he said its infinite mana and grapshots.

i gave him the win cuz i didnt want to bother telling him it doesnt work in more than 1 way.
TheRetard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, I thought you were the one trying to use sword Razz
Teknolink
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also on the brink of insanity:

<Wiley> Why can't we give the top 1 Other player an invite?
iKe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i read the topic I was expecting a good and funny story.....

You should really consider quiting life
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i should sugest reading my numerous topics about stupid people. unfortunatly they exist... maybe i should start killing them... first i need a gun... anyway...
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favourite example ofr a stupid person.

I was playing an affinity mirror along time ago in t2, I had bascially lost the game. My opponent had doublr disciple and alot better board than me. My opponent saced all his artifacts to atog thinking it killed me, it took me one life short of dead instead. Now this would not have mattered had he realised all my avaliable blockers were artifacts and all he had to do was attack and he had won. But instead of doing that he conceeded the game.

I know thats good stupid as opposed to the bad stupid you were talking about. Perhasp there is a point to stupid people to lose. Equally as your highly intellectual opponent would have had you gone to judges and he had still refused to accept the ruling.
Luisbo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this, I had 2 lands on graveyard and a terravore and end of my opp turn i sac a fetchland and my opp said:

<Sayo> befor u sacrifice your land
Sayo plays Shock from Hand
<Luisbo> u can't
<Luisbo> cause is a cost
<Sayo> of course i can
<Luisbo> the sac
<Luisbo> u can't
<Luisbo> is a cost
<Sayo> lol
<Luisbo> the sac
<Sayo> noob
<Luisbo> lol
<Sayo> learn to play
<System> Player Lost

Is so funny the way they react.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3