Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(minor) Magic-League Changes/Suggestions/Bug Fixes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Wiley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um why was craze's post edited and not lamex's...?

I have no idea what you mean by that but stick to the topic please. Also do not state those useless comments if you have no idea what he had posted.
Next time I will delete it. Lamex

Last edited by Wiley on Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get back on topic with small site projects. I've noticed that the deck section has an archive, but the coverage and profile section does not. Is it possible to create a shortcut to it?
Odintu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a better and easier way to look up tournament results on the site, sort of like a database for all tournaments that have been run, and a way to search through it to find for instance the particular format and a deck from that format.
Laplie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think m-l should have a "common" email that all judges could check for logs and screen shots, like issues@m-l.com, so if 2 judges have a dispute, ruling would take less time.

The problem with this is limiting/revoking privaleges. If we give judges direct access to the webmail interface, if a judge is dejudged, the only way to prevent access would be to change the password and tell all judges. There is also the problem of non-judges telling judges the password etc.

One solution would be to somehow pipe access from the judge admin section to the webmail section (hosted elsewhere) but i'm not sure it that is possible either.

Quote:
a "undo for drop" button ;P

Not sure this is a good idea. How long should the undo button be visible? Not even sure this is something that could be implemented easily.

gerrardfo wrote:
I've noticed that the deck section has an archive, but the coverage and profile section does not. Is it possible to create a shortcut to it?

This idea seems doable. I'll add it to the list.

odintu wrote:
Perhaps a better and easier way to look up tournament results on the site, sort of like a database for all tournaments that have been run, and a way to search through it to find for instance the particular format and a deck from that format.

This seems like a large project just to create the interface. There is also the fact that tournaments have nonstandard names which makes searching even harder.
Wiley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laplie wrote:
Wiley wrote:

Quote:
Most of the older sealed pools had to be deleted for site stability. I'll see if this is even possible now.

This confuses me a bit; why was having old sealed pools making the site unstable? I'll admit I might not be nerdy enough to understand this, but could you at least explain it because I am somewhat skeptical

The card lists are stored is a giant table with cardname, set, rarity, etc. To generate a sealed pool, SQL queries are run on the table with an similar effect of "Randomly give me 7 commons from X set" and powweb's server returns the result.

Searching a 400 card table is much less intensive than searching an 8k-9k table. And of course I'm simplifying a bit. Each player's pool requires multiple queries, and I'm not sure if koen uses print runs.

If you remember, previously every time a sealed trial or large sealed mini was run, the site would crash or grind to a hault. Now, there is only a noticeable slowdown.

There are of course other ways it can be done which might be faster (and have been discussed), but i'm not sure if we are ready for that yet.

Question: if the table has been reduced to only cards from Time Spiral and the the site crashing horribly because of a sealed trial is now an impossibility, does this mean sealed Masters will be possible?
darksigma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long ago we had ratings by country, it was cool to see which country had a better rating, it would be cool to get it back (if it is easier to fit it in the new site, cause I think it got removed because it was difficult to code in this site)

EDIT : I dont want to write another post so here we go:

There is 1 annoying thing while you are tcing a mini, is that when u report a match that isnt fully reported, u get a msg saying "You have reported blablabla" so the site took you to the same page but with the url with the action of reporting the match, so if you want to refresh the page to see if there are any outstanding matches u have to go back to home and click on here again.

Is there a way to put a button to refresh the page without submitting the result again?
Arathomir

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion: Since the league is now using MWS for all trials, masters, and the majority of minis, shouldn't the deck lists from the trials be available in MWS format. Sure, it is easier to have them available in apprentice text format, but I don't see it being too hard to make them in MWS format (.mwDeck).

Another suggestion: add a warn button to the forums to alert a moderator about spam posts and innopropriate remarks.
MeanY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Arathomir since if we're going to play trials and masters on mws it's easier to download the decks and playtest them or vs them in mws or maybe make the decks presentations as the list of main deck cards as normal "4 Plains" and the sideboard cards as "SB: 3 Pithing Needle" this would at least allow to copy the list and paste deck from clipboard at mws.

Regarding Sealed pools, please make them based on print runs. The way it is right now, it gives like 5 cards of one color which is unreal since you won't get a pool like that irl and opening one of those pools automaticly excludes that color since it cant be deep, only splashable and that reduces the need of skills to pull out the best of you're pool since part of it was already done by the pool generator.

Another aspect is the netdraft code generator. If possible, make it generate a mws code since m-l is on mws so should draft be.

This would allow limited masters, making them swiss rounds of sealed and top-8 draft since a full draft master is probably hard to organize.

Also, is it possible to create a place that would store all the minis links of one day? like a list of links to minis so we can check what decks won in each mini. Its better than having to run through TC's profiles to see what minis they started in order to check the decks.

It would be something as a calendar where you were able to choose a day and would appear a list with links to all the minis created in that same day. It could be organised in extended, standard, sealed and so on. Since those pages are already done, it wouldn't need to extend the database but only to make a folder with links for those minis and a database for the days if needed to.

The sealed and drafts links would only be avaible if you are moving foward with the storage of those decks.

This would not only help players to see more decks and analise the m-l meta but also admins and judges to keep an eye on how many minis are created in each format. So, in further applys at judges you could try to balance the amount of minis per format by choosing one that used to play in a less played format.
Laplie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksigma wrote:
Long ago we had ratings by country, it was cool to see which country had a better rating, it would be cool to get it back (if it is easier to fit it in the new site, cause I think it got removed because it was difficult to code in this site)

The code to do this is still there, its broken for some reason, i might look into it

darksigma wrote:

There is 1 annoying thing while you are tcing a mini, is that when u report a match that isnt fully reported, u get a msg saying "You have reported blablabla" so the site took you to the same page but with the url with the action of reporting the match, so if you want to refresh the page to see if there are any outstanding matches u have to go back to home and click on here again.

Is there a way to put a button to refresh the page without submitting the result again?

Well, to show the homepage again, you can just click the "home" link in the top left. There is not way to have a fake refresh. An alternate fix would be to have the match report linked to the specific match so submitting again (by refresh) wouldn't work. This is something that can be fixed and is added to the list.

Arathomir wrote:
Have decks availaible in MWS format instead of appr format

I'm not sure how easy this is to do, i'll look into it. Might be something koen has to do. Or it might be impossible if the sets aren't saved when decks are submitted. Ill add it to the list.

Arathomir wrote:
add a warn button to the forums to alert a moderator about spam posts and innopropriate remarks

We are using a prepackaged forum (phpBB). With a few modifications to use the M-L userlist. Adding warnings would be a big project. Though I think one of the new phpBB versions has it.

Kuberr wrote:
Add way for tc to see pairings at anytime (instead of having them disappear)

Added to list.

Keep the suggestions coming.
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fix the limited rating =/
WoodSage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Uruguay flag Reply with quote

Could it be possible for the Uruguay flag not to have the question mark on it? (It doesn't IRL).

Here's a nice example of a flag you can use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay

Thanks from the 5 or so Uruguayans playing on magic-league Smile
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda wondering why master tournaments dont add to team rating. I think that would be pretty nice to have.

Also...anyway that logs of top 4 games can be posted so we can all see what happens (wish mws could visually play it out by reading the log and etc...) be cool to see how the better players chose what to play and when.
Winnetou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im getting an awfull lot of 500 - internal server errors latly..
refreshing one or two times usually helps, but it is quite annoying..
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add a picture for player of the month. Also player of the week like ALL games
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironicus wrote:
You should add a picture for player of the month. Also player of the week like ALL games

don't revive old threads
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6