Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URLandDisruption

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: URLandDisruption Reply with quote

Although it'll get bashed as much as my last decklist did, I figure I'd post it anyway in hopes of finding more tips

As the title suggests it's a Blue/Red Land Disruption deck with Boomerang, Avalanche Riders, etc. The big win being everyone's favourite red fattie Greater Gargadon. Here's the list:

Lands
10 Island
4 Mountain
2 Urza's Factory
4 Steam Vents
4 Shivan Reef

Creatures
4 Avalanche Riders
4 Greater Gargadon

Spells
4 Annex
4 Stone Rain
4 Izzet Signet
4 Electrolyze
4 Boomerang
4 Confiscate (Probably going to get taken out for card-draw)
4 Remand

Sideboard (Sucks)
4 Pyroclasm
4 Shadow of Doubt
4 Cryoclasm
3 Gigadrowse
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like UR magnivore without magnivore. You need a way to deal with aggro. Repeal in side is a must.
Thorns

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: URLandDisruption Reply with quote

TofuBoy wrote:
The big win being everyone's favourite red fattie Greater Gargadon.

OMG I love you!
Play Dream Leash instead of Confiscate, it's that much faster...

EDIT: w00t 250th post (flame away...)
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck actually ran Icy Manipulator and Dream Leash, but I was angry because I couldn't use some of the cards I took right away.
Counterlife

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I dont really like the list. Creature light and...meh. Here is a better list:
2 Shard Phoenix
3 Drift of Phantasms
4 Thieving Magpie
1 Cerulean Sphinx
3 Mana Leak
4 Remand
4 Stone Rain
4 Boomerang
3 Pyroclasm
9 Mountain
6 Island
4 Steam Vents
4 Shivan Reef
1 Blood Moon
4 Annex
4 Repeal
// Sideboard:
SB: 3 Wipe Away
SB: 3 Spell Snare
SB: 2 Serrated Arrows
SB: 1 Blood Moon
SB: 2 Confiscate
SB: 2 Shattering Spree
SB: 2 Shadow of Doubt

This is an update of an old list Onecleani played WAAAAAAAAY back when Zoo was being called Dinosaurs!(lol). I put a personal touch on the sphinx replacement for meloku(No its not better its just the next best thing), upping the magpie count by one, and filling the sensies top spots with much needed repeal. Also, some more counters to replace the old hinder, and a sideboard that gives you something against everything, but nothing too strong. Also, before anyone says it, Ruins doesnt work in here with trisk due to bloodmoon(Which sucks, it would be in sphinx spot) but you get milage out of other things.
2nd turn: boom
3rd turn: Stone rain
4th turn:magpie/annex
5th turn:Stall and play out the deck

Not all starts are as luxirious, but shard pheonix recusion will often play the winning factor, and you get enough useful draw. Lastly, if you can get an early bloodmoon on a deck you know wouldnt like it, do it. Martyr tron be damned.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww wow, i actually got credit for something Smile.... glad to see people still trying it out, but with the loss of eye of nowhere, its just kind of.... meh... the 2nd turn land bounce is crucial to the deck
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you inspired me to try again... i threw this together and just went right through b/w control 2 matches straight:

//NAME: Untitled Deck
SB: 4 Serrated Arrows
SB: 4 Repeal
SB: 4 Spell Snare
SB: 2 Pyroclasm
SB: 1 Wipe Away
4 Remand
2 Copy Enchantment
4 Compulsive Research
1 Temporal Adept
1 Blood Moon
3 Drift of Phantasms
3 Exhaustion
1 Confiscate
2 Dream Leash
2 Shard Phoenix
3 Thieving Magpie
4 Annex
4 Stone Rain
4 Mountain
10 Island
4 Shivan Reef
4 Steam Vents
4 Boomerang
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no bounce? that makes me sad. as I see it, boomerang is totally awesome in every blue control deck. at least I like it. bounce. bounce. bounce. yeah...

I like land disruption, but that deck seems kinda slow (referring to the first one) and the gargadon thing is very risky. wipe away on it = "wtf, why???"

this would be so cool in extended.

EDIT: oh yeah, and unsummon for boros. can't kill off the soltari priests? unsummon it. then counter, if possible. well, it's an idea...
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent been playing much on here so im not sure about what the meta is but im going to seriously try to tweak this deck to be all around vs the top t1 decks and see what we can do
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm snow control with red and no skred?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1