Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Don't believe in the hoax of evolution." - NightF

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

Did this make you believe in creationism?
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
No
88%
 88%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 43

Malhavoc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Atheist, but I see no problem in a believer to be a evolutionist: things written on the Bible are just fables, examples to explain things in a way people of millenniums ago could understand: it does not mean that those things were REAL. Even the church say so! Come on, believing there were Adam and Eve is ridiculous, it's obviously just a metaphor! Laughing

P.S.
There would be also much to say about the fact that the Bible is in the end a book telling a totally different religion compared to the gospel (is this the correct english translation? I'm not sure), since in fact is mainly a Jewish book, and has really so few in common with the Christ's teachings (historically, the bible has been interpreted in such way to FIND "demonstrations" that could foretold the come of Christ, you know, the same way some read Nostradamus' prophecies, trying to find tips about something already happened). I can go into more details if someone is interested, but it's a long thing, and I'm going OT too much already.
Rawrer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

affinity104 wrote:
But before I ask I'll say that how Jesus Christ lives his life in the Bible is how I want to live and how I want my children(If I ever have any) to live. I also want to ask that you don't say that I have no proof of how it all began either, JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION.

How was God created?

And the thing or God that created He or She, how was that created?

Meh, same thing you can ask any atheist "how was the universe created? And whatever created that, how was that created? How did that come to be? They don't know that either.
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bible is written by humans, even many of the writers are known. It's not some 'book that landed from the heavens', it's simply a book on the history of Jewish people, part metaphorical, part concrete, and should be treated as such. I'm not trying to undermine anyone's beliefs here, I'm just pointing out that using the Bible as a reference to prove something has no groundings whatsoever. Heck, I'm a Christian myself, but belief has nothing to do with organized religion.

On another note, evolution is a very likely theory, but just a theory. If someone doesn't somewhy want to believe it, they have the right to that. However, nobody has the right to attempt to force someone believe something other than what they want to.

Finally, on the matter of proving that God exists/doesn't exist, it can't be proven, which is why it's a matter of belief. Any attempt to prove the existence or inexistence of God are always fundamentally flawed since no data on the subject exists, and while the flaws might not always be obvious, they always exist, undermining any possible attempts to use facts to move the discussion one way or another.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always ask the same questions to CHristians and they all just skirt the true answer with bits like "If god wanted us to know, he would tell us" but I realy want some real answers.

1. If we all came from two, Adam and Eve, then how is out gene pool not totaly screwed up and how come our genes then don't have bits in comon?

2. If Noha did build this huge ark to safley keep two of every animal alive durring the flood, the size of the boat able to acomidate the weight of all thouse animals, plus all the food on whitch to sustain them, would have to be half the size of the atlantic ocean.

So what answers do you creationism Christians have to say to those. Here I will answer it for you. THe Bible was written by orrdinary men that thought of a way to scare people into giving them power and money. Jesus was an ordinary man that worked with these people and preformed magic tricks. We all came from single celled orginisms and evolved to ourselves over millions of years.
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just go ahead and point out that just because the Bible was written by people doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a religiously significant book. Most of the old testament appears to not be meant to be taken literally, but rather figuratively.

And what Jesus was is again a matter of belief, since it can't be proven one way or another, so saying that he was not the Son of God is just as wrong as saying that he was. We can't know. But the Bible, when not read literally, doesn't really contradict anything science has to offer. We should learn to keep science and religion apart from each other and life would be a whole lot easier.
per
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Oh wow, a real Christian... there are too few of us Sad

There are too many of you.
Laplie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:
Well the bible also didnt mention the dinosaurs or the chinese. Im pretty sure the dinosaurs exsisted.

God placed dinosaur bones in the earth to test our faith.
Wiley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:
Well the bible also didnt mention the dinosaurs or the chinese. Im pretty sure the dinosaurs exsisted.

I know the bible didnt MENTION them but it didn't expressly say they didn't exist, now as a devout catholic I have to say that you're entirely wrong and even if there was any legitimacy to this absurdity that people could come from monkeys, the fact of the matter is that the bible says they don't, so there
Shagrath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

lol! penis!
aggroking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

I know the bible didnt MENTION them but it didn't expressly say they didn't exist, now as a devout catholic I have to say that you're entirely wrong and even if there was any legitimacy to this absurdity that people could come from monkeys, the fact of the matter is that the bible says they don't, so there

maaaan wiley, stop talking such a stupid shit.
im from a very faithful protestant family, just as you,
the difference between us is, that i accept faith for hope but not for legitimation.
to make it short, i act like an intelligent person who thinks, you act just like a stupid dumbass that says everything you heared from your parents(i guess they have the same stupid opinion as you).
i know its not your fault, its the influence of your environment, but just think about what youre talking and you will recognize how stupid it is to divide everything in :
-the bible said it
-the bible didnt said it
youre not lost yet, just get back to the right way as long as possible.
so far, aggroking
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

The Bible isn't meant to be taken literally... Read the book of Job for example; that doesn't have any relevance to anything alone, but it contains a teaching. The text is metaphorical, not concrete as I've tried to say many times already. 'Genesis' is no more than yet another 2000 years old book. Catholic church does not take the whole Bible literally, just like nobody else. Again, matters of belief belong to religion, facts belong to science. History is something we can study and research, God is something we either believe in, or don't believe in.
affinity104

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I didn't make it clear enough just to answer my question and not to say

"affinity 1 question if you don't believe god created the world i supouse you believe in the Big Bang, don't you? Taking the Big Bang as the theory in which the Universe was created from a tremendously dense and hot state (and i quote the source of all knowledge wikipedia on this) i ask you. What created that hot and dense state in the first place? Don't you think it's about the same situation as with God?"
-Black_Elf

Oh well, the point is that no one can prove God is real for any reason , including the Bible, and no one can prove that the big bang is real, because how did they start.

But,how can you Christians base your faith on absolutly nothing. You can't base it on the Bible because YOU can't personaly tell me where it came from, or your preacher for that matter. You can't tell me how God was created so you can't prove he exists.

Just to let you know I have no clue how everything is created or what created it but to say there is a God with no proof of it doesnt make any sense.

I also think it is funny that if we were born in the Middle East we would all be Muslim. And if we were born in India Hindu. And in Southeast Asia Buddist. And the all belive that their way is the correct way and you belive your way is the correct way. So who the hell knows.
Wiley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean no one can prove god? it's right there in the bible!!
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley wrote:
What do you mean no one can prove god? it's right there in the bible!!

The fact that someone can write about the God doesn't prove that he'd exist. I can write about unicorns, does that make them any more real?
Wiley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but god wrote the bible there is a clear difference
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5