Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team ratings

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Team points system should be modified?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25

dboy1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matticus21 wrote:
yes just because you win 1 tournament, doesnt mean you are the best team at all

"the best" refers to the ppl that win and play the most with the most consistant results....ie you keep winning games, you get more points....YOU DO NOT GET POINTS FOR PLAYING IN A TOURNEY...YOU STILL HAVE TO WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (therefore giving themselves more of a chance to do well)

you arent the "best" if you rock-up, play a mini, and win....it happens all the time....hell ppl are winning minis while you are winning.....

im sure jon finkel, bob maher etc didnt just wake up one day, buy some magic cards, turn up to worlds and win....

they put in YEARS of hard work and effort to get to where they wanted...the top...the "best"

we all know that at the moment, the top 3 teams (full of judges) are nigh on unstoppable atm...but hey, you couldnt play a tournament and win it, IF THEY DIDNT CREATE IT FOR YOU... its called a "fringe benefit" of being a judge, for providing other ppl with fun.

not only that, from what ive seen, they are also quite good magic players...so why punish good players just because they happen to be judges, and part of the top teams....

YAY FOR YOU Malhavoc for winning a tournament....now do it again, and again, and again...and maybe youll be the best in a few months....in the meantime....

STOP WHINGING

lies.....all lies
finkle and maher>u they're like the mtg versions of chuck norris
Equinox-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey as I recall when I rejoined the league in early December -2 was over 600 points behind the B-P and now We are only 100 points behind -1. If I switched to B-P I'd pull them into second with ease. So you don't need a team of really active members. You just need me Razz
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I'm not whining: I have very little time to be online and play, and so my team members who are friends of mine IRL, so whatever rule you use, I won't be at the top, and that's not a problem for me, I'm just talking about that because in my opinion it is a flawed system. Please be mature enough to be able to stand a conversation without insulting anyone, thanks. As Asimov said "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

Now, back into the topic..

I'm not saying that by winning 100% of games but being those only a couple someone should be at the top. On the other hand, those who are at the top of the costructed/vintage/Limited charts sure they play quite a bit, but surely they are first of all good players. There could be people who have played ten times the number of matches and they can be a lot behind. With the team rating system, they could be ahead if just they make reasonable good results.

Of course I'm not saying that the way it works now is absolutely wrong: it just favors those who play the most. Since these are most of the times judges who, in order to being at the top, they open their own minis, this becomes something good for the league since there are more minis, and that's nice. But it's far from fair (and beware, I'm a judge myself).

This is not something necessary wrong, but if it was for me I would make it really different:

- Team chart should work the exact same way personal charts work: DCI point ranking, where both win and lost count

- The difference should be in added features, such as challenges between teams, events for teams only, nice prizes for those on top (not only invitations to the masters) and so on.

Just my 2c at least Smile
dboy1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc wrote:
First of all, I'm not whining: I have very little time to be online and play, and so my team members who are friends of mine IRL, so whatever rule you use, I won't be at the top, and that's not a problem for me, I'm just talking about that because in my opinion it is a flawed system. Please be mature enough to be able to stand a conversation without insulting anyone, thanks. As Asimov said "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

Now, back into the topic..

I'm not saying that by winning 100% of games but being those only a couple someone should be at the top. On the other hand, those who are at the top of the costructed/vintage/Limited charts sure they play quite a bit, but surely they are first of all good players. There could be people who have played ten times the number of matches and they can be a lot behind. With the team rating system, they could be ahead if just they make reasonable good results.

Of course I'm not saying that the way it works now is absolutely wrong: it just favors those who play the most. Since these are most of the times judges who, in order to being at the top, they open their own minis, this becomes something good for the league since there are more minis, and that's nice. But it's far from fair (and beware, I'm a judge myself).

This is not something necessary wrong, but if it was for me I would make it really different:

- Team chart should work the exact same way personal charts work: DCI point ranking, where both win and lost count

- The difference should be in added features, such as challenges between teams, events for teams only, nice prizes for those on top (not only invitations to the masters) and so on.

Just my 2c at least Smile

i'd like to point out that pv who top8d worlds and is arguably the best player in the league isnt even gettin master byes from rating, im not nearly as good a player as he is and yet my rating is about 50 pts higher.
Dapug

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dboy1 wrote:
i'd like to point out that pv who top8d worlds and is arguably the best player in the league isnt even gettin master byes from rating, im not nearly as good a player as he is and yet my rating is about 50 pts higher.

The personal ratings iaren't completely accurate, but it does a better job of ranking players than just adding up their number of wins.
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

-1/-2 already does team drafts occassionally when we are bored.
_SeBaS_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , it would be nice make team for countrys or something ...who country is the best in m-l??????RazzRazzRazz jaja
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2