Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(minor) Magic-League Changes/Suggestions/Bug Fixes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley wrote:
NahHolmes wrote:
Freedom of speech... This is a website for playing Magic, your "freedom of speech" here ends where ever the owners of the website want it to. I don't care about a joke every once in a while, but some people just nonstop say incredibly racist shit and only once have I seen anything done about it. Two years ago you would get a warning for saying anything from fag to shit in the channel then the 2nd time you got a kick/ban, now it seems like absolutely anything goes. My roommate started playing on here and he said something about it too so I know it turns a lot of people off to the site. He was checking out the top 4 decks for a trial and the comments were all like "Yeah niggers eat shit" and "Fucking stupid niggers". I mean maybe you all live in Canada or something, but around where I live the Klan still rides and people still get killed and beaten over words. I used to live with 3 black roommates in college and had people ride by in trucks and yell "Niggers!!!!" out their window as we walked down the street, so yeah it may just be a joke to say to you but to lots of people it's a word that means a lot more then you will ever understand apparently, so grow the fuck up with all that.

None of the things you mentioned about how the site 'used to be' are actually positive; also what happened to your choco face roommates is irrelevant, this is THE INTERNET and if you're sensitive about it, too bad, we're faceless people who you don't even know.

Also, ''your freedom of speech here ends where ever the owners of the website want it to'' this is funny because you aren't the owner of the website, nor do you speak for them, so kindly shut the fuck up. Oh, and you seem to think everything goes now? Random got banned for three weeks for saying 'niggerfuck', while ML may be more lenient it's certainly not 'anything goes', and besides I have people attesting to you getting people banned for saying the word, so obviously you've seen it gotten taken care of and you're lying/overdramatising the situation.

First you're all 'oh the children' and now you're saying 'oh the blacks'? Christ, make up your mind

The site used to be only about playing magic, now it is half composed of people more concerned with being dicks. I never claimed to speak for the owners of the site, I was stating the FACT that you don't have freedom of speech here, you can't start threads about judge issues as you have seen, and if the owners of the website get tired of other shit you say it is there site and they run shit. Ummm, who are these "people I got banned". Oh yeah they don't exist, lets just make shit up. You got banned 6 times this year, for what? Not that I'm shocked. Anyways enough of this shit.
Wiley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no u
Laplie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

annonymous suggestion:

Was just wondering if it might be possible to make limited decklists available after a tourney (just like constructed decklists are made available); I'd be rather curious to see how the top players build limited decks.
h0m3r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some might say that a person's right not to fear racial persecution is as important a right as freedom of speech. of course these two things can come into conflict, so some kind of compromise has to be made.

furthermore, one can argue for freedom of speech all he wants but there are still certain things on can say which aren't socially acceptable. so if you want to be a member of such a society, you can't say those things.

as far as bugs go, i've always had to use the 'copy to notepad' method of saving sealed decks etc. because when i rightclick on the link which says "rightclick and save target as" to try and save the decklist, the menu which pops up doesn't have that option, the closest is 'save link as' which doesn't work. i'm probably just missing something here but its always been a problem for me, on various different computers.
Wiley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racial PERSECUTION?? We're talking about a few nerds dropping the N bomb here and there, no /persecution/ is going on you melodramatic loser!

As far as I know I've never even said the word to a black man, ergo I have not descriminated; I've just said a potentially offensive word which I find funny.

Quote:
Was just wondering if it might be possible to make limited decklists available after a tourney (just like constructed decklists are made available); I'd be rather curious to see how the top players build limited decks.

I support this thoroughly.
Laplie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley, NahHolmes, everyone else: Stop hijacking the thread. This a not a thread for anti-censorship vs tolerance. If you want to debate that, start a new thread. If you are unsure what this thread is about, see my first post.
Craze

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. make me a moderator again. I rocked and was more active then all you put together. Only reason I'm not a mod now was cause you guys listened to RThomas when he was abusing his power ::flashback to pG:: you guys do that alot.

2. I've seen alot of complaints about irc in general. A nice thing to do would be to teach these kids about irc and scripting. It would solve alot of problems and also teach them how to protect themselves from idiots like Zenthforbias.

3. Trial times. I don't know about you but it becomes alot easier to enter around 6 pm EST rather 2 am. Just saying...

Nahholmes: Hawk tried a censorship script once which resulted in me having to get him rejudged. Fact is, censorship scripts suck because their either
A) too strict
B) too leniant.
Maybe a chat mod, but even then it would take a few. ML always prided itself on taking euro views on things and their alot more leniant.

Wiley: Freedom of Speech is american. This is a euro site. Think of it as communinsim but add the french and a queen to it all.

4. judge complaint staff. My idea from ages ago. Make a staff of judges that work as detectives for each individual case of fraud/abuse. Its alot for just a league but if made right it would really work.

well thats my suggestions, I'll be back full time on the 9th-10th if you wanna disucuss them with me.
Wiley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a guide for netdraft? Not how to use it, but just the general formalities of asking for an appr/mws user, cas/league game, what a league game is, etc. If you approve of the suggestion I'd gladly even get around to writing the guide, I'm so sick of those fucking homos in draft4you asking how to get a game. Also a guide on how to host would be better than boobies, same deal, I'd write it if you want so it's practically no work.

Hey lamex you're staff right? Why do you preach about insulting people being bad and such when you do the same to Craze? I know Craze is a stupid cocksucker who should be eaten alive by veloci-raptors, but why can't the league make up its mind on this issue of harassment? It seems to only be bad when it's directed at a judge
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laplie wrote:
annonymous suggestion:

Yes, absolutely. I fully support this idea.

The only other things I can think of are obviously major i.e. MWS sec codes for drafts, draft trials, draft masters, a rule that all minis need to be draft, etc.

Also, Lamex, I love you.
Black_Elf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the Team tournaments, i'd just like to say there was a tentative some time ago, but it didn't go very well. Maybe poor organization or maybe not enough interest ( i know one of my teammates dropped out in round 2 so we had to win both other matches) It would be nice to see that tried again but that's not a "small project" is it? Smile
Laplie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more anonymous suggestions:

Quote:
I think m-l should have a "common" email that all judges could check for logs and screen shots, like issues@m-l.com, so if 2 judges have a dispute, ruling would take less time.

Quote:
a "undo for drop" button ;P

Quote:
ELIMINATE single matches, or at least put them in another category like "singles" or "individual" to avoid cheating in multi account ... to have a goood rating and qualify that way to masters and get byes.
Wiley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh about the single matches. A certain person who I reported to Neo (who I guess hasn't been banned because of lack of proof) has an 1800+ rating sculpted solely from single matches. The only mini he ever joined, I beat him in. I think single matches should not affect rating at all from now on because it's far too obvious that they're being abused.
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would adding an admin controlled poll creation system on the front page be considered 'minor' work?

It would make getting opinions on some issues easier to receive feedback plus you can link it to the forums for additional comments (i.e. - master formats, contest winner voting, etc.)

I never liked the forum polls because generally the newer members don't pay attention to these things.
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... and a clock showing current time OR a countdown until the next trial. People always asking how much time until trial annoys me a little =[
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well maybe not deleted but edited enough (aka cleared) so you get the point. C ya craze, and no I do not ban you, there are plenty people left that want you to keep on entertaining them.
And you are mad? ah poor thing.. Atleast this post sure entertained me.. And if you keep on walking in the darknes.. please go ahead, maybe you can entertain me after all..

Lamex

See ya in one week craze! Greetz, m-l staff.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6