Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(minor) Magic-League Changes/Suggestions/Bug Fixes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Laplie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: (minor) Magic-League Changes/Suggestions/Bug Fixes Reply with quote

Since I have some time on my hands before my next semester of school starts, I will be spending a little of my time implementing some minor changes and fixes.

I've created this thread so that the Magic-League community has a way to make suggestions as to what these changes/fixes are. If you have a suggestion, and its feasible, then it might actually be done.

An example suggestion would be something I changed concerning the "Tournament Forming" display about 2 weeks ago. (I bet you didn't even notice). Before, it would only show the number of participants who joined if the tourney had a maximum. Now the "x players have joined so far" always shows up. Things that I am not looking for are suggestions like "implement swiss format tournaments" because that is not a small project.

An example policy change might be something along the lines of "players can only join 1 tournament at a time." While this has never really been an issue, it might be something worth considering if brought up. (Note: This is just an example so don't start an arguement). Things that I am not looking for here are the dead horses that have been beaten over and over: mws vs appr, the flips rule, the life rule when time is called, etc, etc. Don't even bother talking about those.

An example bug fix would be something like the following: if you notice, when you go into the forums, the articles link on the left under features disappears. Fixing that problem is something that is not actually easy, but it is of the scale and type of suggestions I am looking for.

Happy Posting.

EDIT: If you rather stay anonymous cause of backlash, feel free to PM me or send a forum message and I'll post it for you

Current List
-> Single Matches show description in rating history ---Done
-> direct link to "other" on a person's rating history ---Done
-> Being able to search for "other" under "find a player's rating history" ---Done
-> Make decklists for limited minis available just like constructed minis ---Done (draft decks are still not available)
-> Link to coverage and profile archives
-> Pairings always accessible to the TC in a copy/pastable form ---Done
-> List of most recent tournaments/searchable/sortable ---Started (not sortable or searchable yet)
-> Country Ratings list
-> Fix refresh rereporting bug ---Done? (hard to test)
-> Decks available in MWS (.mwdec) format
-> Easy ways for admins to edit/delete post to news items ---Done

Last edited by Laplie on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:47 pm; edited 15 times in total
Pete278
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some support for my new format, entitled Immortal, would be nice. Basically, you don't lose if you have 0 or less life, so you have to use alternate win conditions. Only thing I've decided banworthy so far is Brain Freeze.
Rayan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about instead of using a gazillion colors for mini forming messages, judges use only one and the same color for "mini forming" messages and some other one and same color for messages that are for formed minis, so that its much easier for people who are not spending their time looking at the chat room nonstop to see when there is a mini forming.
Kuberr
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Channel4you Reply with quote

whateverdude wrote:
How about instead of using a gazillion colors for mini forming messages, judges use only one and the same color for "mini forming" messages and some other one and same color for messages that are for formed minis, so that its much easier for people who are not spending their time looking at the chat room nonstop to see when there is a mini forming.

I agree with that!

How about a channel #tournament4you?

It would be a chanel where normal people can't chat, and only the message that a mini is FORMING will appear and also a message saying "MINI: xxx is FULL".

So baiscly, it is very easy to see when a mini or trial starts forming, begins playing or ends.

This channel is not for pairings or other tournament related messages like "there re 15 minutes left in round 2", only the above.

Maybe you could create a button, when you press "Chat & Play rooms" so that you can choose to log in to this channel along with drafting4you, apprentice4you and magicleague4you.
dboy1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Channel4you Reply with quote

Kuberr wrote:
whateverdude wrote:

I agree with that!

How about a channel #tournament4you?

It would be a chanel where normal people can't chat, and only the message that a mini is FORMING will appear and also a message saying "MINI: xxx is FULL".

So baiscly, it is very easy to see when a mini or trial starts forming, begins playing or ends.

This channel is not for pairings or other tournament related messages like "there re 15 minutes left in round 2", only the above.

Maybe you could create a button, when you press "Chat & Play rooms" so that you can choose to log in to this channel along with drafting4you, apprentice4you and magicleague4you.

i def like that idea
Laplie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whateverdude wrote:
How about instead of using a gazillion colors for mini forming messages, judges use only one and the same color for "mini forming" messages and some other one and same color for messages that are for formed minis

That was the original idea (and it was like that 2years or so ago). But a year or so ago, a few judges starting messing with the TC script, then almost all judges followed suit.
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make Composite rating !!!!

Some kind of pro player club :p, you gain points if you finish top 4 on a trial or something and with so much points you get so much bye's on master and with so much points you get auto invite for invitationals or something ...

will be great !!
dboy1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotstejn
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:57 pm Post subject:
Make Composite rating !!!!

"Some kind of pro player club :p, you gain points if you finish top 4 on a trial or something and with so much points you get so much bye's on master and with so much points you get auto invite for invitationals or something ...

will be great !!"

um...it already kinda is like tht, top 16 get byes to masters and top 50(?) get inv to invitationals
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you enter chatroom through java script and everything has finished loading/chatting, #workstation is still there ^^
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whateverdude wrote:

I def. agree with this...also maybe this would be a little to complicated but you could have different color schemes for diff types of tourny that are forming....and then when the tourny is up you invert the colors or something (so you know its already started)

or you could just do what he said
Wiley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it so we don't get empty sealed pools when we do anything other than TSTSTS
Black_Elf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes deffinitely, make it so we can do old blocks sealeds too, a few people would appreciate it and enjoy it.
VacancyMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would very much appreciate it if you could allow judges to see their own tournaments with !time. Thank you :]
ShiK_ri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't u make a limited master????
it can be draft or sealed i would enjoy it!Very Happy
Dapug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like it if Single Matches displayed the discription in the rating history. It could go in the space currently occupied by Single Match.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6