Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy Trials getting the shaft ?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Should Trials primarily serve for testing for "Real-Life" events, or for forming a stand-alone "virtual" league ?
playtesting for "Real-Life" Events
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
stand-alone "virtual" League
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

georgjorge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Legacy Trials getting the shaft ? Reply with quote

I've opened the topic because to me (as a die-hard Legacy player) it seems that the number of Legacy Trials is extremely low in relation to the other formats. As an example, the Calendar as of now:

Dec 11 Mon 7 PM EST Appr TSP/TSP/TSP Sealed Trial
Dec 12 Tue 1 PM EST Appr Standard (T2) Trial
Dec 13 Wed 7 PM EST MWS Extended (T1.x) Trial
Dec 14 Thu 1 PM EST MWS Extended (T1.x) Trial 1700+ Only
Dec 15 Fri 7 PM EST MWS Vintage (T1) Trial
Dec 16 Sat 9 AM EST MWS Extended (1.x) Trial
Dec 17 Sun 1 PM EST MWS Extended (1.x) Trial
Dec 18 Mon 6 PM EST Appr TSP/TSP/TSP Sealed Trial
Dec 19 Tue 7 PM EST MWS Standard (T2) Trial
Dec 20 Wed 2 PM EST MWS Extended (T1.X) Trial
Dec 21 Thu 1 PM EST Appr TSP/TSP/TSP Sealed Trial
Dec 22 Fri 6 PM EST MWS Extended (T1.X) Trial
Dec 23 Sat Noon EST MWS Extended for Invited ppl only Master

NO Legacy Trials in the next weeks, whereas there are SEVEN Extened Trials ? Makes me wonder about the future of playing Legacy at Magic-League...Furthermore, this Thread (a bit old) shows Legacy to be the third-most wanted Format for Trials: http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=, and the last Legacy Trial had more than fifty participants, so I guess there ARE people interested in playing it.

Now I know that the problem has also to do with Wizards not really endorsing the Eternal formats, and thus there being not many big Events in these formats, and thus Legacy Trials not providing playtesting for major Events. The thing is, should Magic-League primarily be a platform for playtesting for "real" Events, or should it primarily be a League of its own, whose Events (Trials and Masters) can stand for themselves (I've added a Poll for this question) ?

As for people who instinictively answer "Magic-League is free, don't complain about anything" - I very much appreciate the free Magic platform that is Magic-League, and the work that is put into it, but I'm also interested in communicating what I think are its disadvantages and would could be better still on Magic-League.
TheFatOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legacy has a big following in this leage. But keep in mind that the next master is Ext. And Ext season is coming up. Which should explain most of the trials being ext. I am not sure why none of them are Legacy Sad
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legacy is the best format in magic! People don't play it often, because it's not a format for noobs. You must know more then 10 sets lol. Its the only format that you can be creative and competive at the same time! More legacy trial will be fun and more people will start to play it if they see more tourney. Extended wasn't very popular, but since 80% of the league is extended, everybody play it.

Legacy RullZZzz
georgjorge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that Legacy has a big following in this league, but apparently they are not heard...looking at the Trials scheduled for the next weeks, there has not been a single Legacy Trial for nearly a whole month... Confused

Now I hate it when people go "omg M-L is fucked i go to another site" Rolling Eyes , but I'm just asking: is there any other decent online League where there are more Legacy tourneys (I only play online) ?
georgjorge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response !

So...any ideas when a Legacy Master is going to be held ? Because I haven't seen one so far Wink ...

As for minis, for some time I DID have MIRC on besides work for some hours everyday so I wouldn't miss a Legacy mini, but there really were VERY few (especially compared to T2 or extended)...I caught one or two minis in a month. But maybe I'm just online at the wrong times Wink
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have actually been a couple Legacy Masters. There was one back in March, another in December last year, and one in October (I believe the prizes were dual lands).
psu42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the number of legacy masters is fine

i wish there were more vintage/legacy trials but i don't control that...it might be extended season but i still hate extended that after 4/5 trials i'm sick of it

and i try to make vintage/legacy minis but i also work 8 hours a day and have a life... Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1