Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas Trial

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

What format should the Christmas trial be?
Mindmaster
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Chaos T2 w/XMAS theme (RWG only)
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
237 Magic
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
King's Magic
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Peasant Magic
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Tribal (T2)
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 54

Pollo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we have to wait ONE YEAR to get an 'other' trial and get rid one day of the "monotone" t2, t1.x, etc.
I think these ones should be WAY more often, at least 1 a month, I could bet It gets 2x bigger than the average eternal trial.
ShadowS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant, that was me. We played forever =P

But yeah, listen up people, T2 tribal is a terrible format at the moment. The format is currently dominated by a single deck and unless you want the top 4 to be all that one deck, we should seriously consider something else.

If we can get it on apprentice, I would like everyone to really reconsider revoting for Mind Master. No one needs a deck, anyone can just jump in. The rules are simple to learn, I run minis for them all the time so anyone could practice.
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS on apprentice and from what I told, this poll doesn't matter because its gonna be Christmas Chaos.
Meatwarz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for peasant.

And the tribal isn't a cool idea as the decklists check will be able only after tournament is finished, you know what i mean.
Pete278
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RulesLawyer wrote:
It IS on apprentice and from what I told, this poll doesn't matter because its gonna be Christmas Chaos.

Dec 25 Mon 6 PM EST MWS You Choose the Format Trial

Sorry, but its on mws.

With that in mind, Chaos should prob. be cut from the poll. It is still possible on mws, but ungodly hard to do, unless, of course, should it get picked, we use appr.
JonPatton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King's magic is great. I think even common lands should be excluded. You can even go with a whole religious thing, King of Kings and all that mythology.

Besides, have you tried building a deck of all rares? It's a LOT harder than it seems. Especially if it's got to be RWG. Smile

One of the cardstores where I used to play ran a RWG BYOB format every year the week before Christmas. It was really fun.
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont vote tribal. Please. I normally love T2 Tribal format, but right now it is dominated by one disgusting deck.

Shadows, I'm sorry I broke one of your other formats Sad .
tato-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 Sacred Foundry
15 Snow-Covered Plains
4 Scrying Sheets
4 Martyr of Sands
4 Order of the Stars
4 Wild Cantor
4 Soul Warden
4 Weathered Wayfarer
4 Wrath of God
4 Proclamation of Rebirth
4 Enduring Renewal
2 Grapeshot
4 Story Circle

Just play that deck and sleep while playing it at trial...
DOnt VOTE TRIBAL IS BORING!!!!
vote any other format, anyway if theres tribal please ALL play this deck...
ShadowS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats the deck right there, Thanks Tato-. That deck is basically unbeatable atm in tribal. And if you spend enough hate making your deck able to beat it, you are probably gonna get run over to some random boros deck.

Peasent is also rock paper scissors itself. I like peasent, but after playing a bunch of it, you relize theres Sligh > Anti-Sligh h8 deck > tendrils combo > Sligh.

Chaos is a fine choice. You could make practicly anything and who knows what will happen. It truley has the spirit of Other. GWR requirement makes me smile too, specially when you think of decks I'm known for =P

King's Magic is basically unexplored in t2, which makes this a decent format. But I would give some time for deckbuilding and annouce this one quickly. =/

But my main choice remains Mind Master, if you don't know why, just join a mini =)
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Format will be T2 Tribal. Enduring Renewal, Martyr of Sands, and Story Circle will be banned for the tribal format for the purposes of this trial (we'll see how it goes). Elves, Zombies, and Goblins are allowed for this t2 tribal (still banned in other tribal formats) because of obvious card-pool differences.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2