Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UWR BlinkRiders

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: UWR BlinkRiders Reply with quote

4 Steam Vents
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Sacred Foundry
2 Adarkar Wastes
2 Shivan Reef
3 Island
2 Mountain
2 Plains
4 Avalanche Riders
4 Court Hussar
3 Riftwing Cloudskate
4 Lightning Angel
4 Momentary Blink
4 Remand
4 Lightning Helix
4 Ancestral Vision
4 Stone Rain
2 Demonfire
//Sideboard:
SB: 3 Rift Bolt
SB: 4 Cryoclasm
SB: 4 Faith's Fetters
SB: 4 Disenchant

UWR BlinkRiders, as played by Shaheen Soorani. How could the deck/sideboard be changed? How could the matchups be improved? Discuss!
Reich

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more Grozoth, you know for transmute, and such. Plus it's a 9th turn 9/9!!
dboy1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol faraway...no wonder shaheen went 4-2 at worlds with it. u obv know ur stuff, next time i need dec tek, im comin str8 to u!
/sarcasm
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe 2 draining whelk? how does this deck vs boros or other aggro?
I dont like the hussars but i dunno what else to use to draw. I still wonder how this deck can win vs boros Razz i mean all the pro reds, the hohleys the burn all for less mana.
Eldar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off the decklist played by fear_these in the last trial owns this one. Second off this deck pretty much cannot win preboard against boros. After board with like ivory mask and CoP: red the game gets better and you'd be surprised how much fetters and helix help against boros the life gain is ridiculous. I used to play a deck with 4 fetters 4 hierarch main and board mask and CoP and had 100% vs boros and satanic sligh which wasn't that long ago. As for it being competitive it hoses just about every straight up control deck and has good matchups vs most agro-control decks and slows combo down but has trouble winning b4 they go off. This is simply a metagame deck that will do well vs control/agro. I like the deck overall but there are better.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this really a sticky?

Its a one shot wonder....why focus on it?
COOLBOY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty cool deck I think.

My only prob is the cloudskates, I think they should be replaced by some other card drawing type creature/card.
Bozo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you kinda passed the deck off like it was trash, even though it obviously has some good matchups and isn't that bad itself...
dboy1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTKID wrote:
The creator said it beats boros pretty hard. I'm gonna go with the guy who got 9th at world's opinion.

damn right, all u ppl sayin the deck is bad, cloudskates are bad, or anything else are just dumb. when u get 9th at worlds THEN u can come back and talk shit...however shaheen is a FAR better deckbuilder than almost every single player on m-l, so plz stfu. thx.
Colossus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck is pretty bad. A friend of mine built it.

The only thing it seems to be good at is losing. Not to completely trash the deck, I like the concept, but I think it's in the wrong colors to really abuse Momentary Blink.
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what colors do u think abuse blink green for krosan cloudscraper??? Honestly don't act dumb. This deck has placed twice now with 9th at worlds and 7th at the recent SCG 1k tourney so for those that don't think the deck can win well then you just suck at playing it. I have seen this deck in action and it does well vs boros and even control with solifuges from board. If it gets a land lead on control its hard for them to catch up and it is very easy to color screw most versions of control. However I think this deck might have trouble with dstorm but I'm not positive maybe the mass LD owns it but wipe aways/trickbinds would help that matchup.
Meatwarz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the builds seen here have VERY bad game against any aggro. It doesn't crush boros at all (even after SB) and the match vs anything green is just horrible. Hovever most of the control matches are really good, as it's just aggro+LD.

I personnaly like more controlish versions of the deck, like the usual URW Control, but using some Blinks (+ suspendable bouncer) and Hellkites. Just because Hellkite eot, at your turn attack, blink,flashback=GG, and a better game against aggro.
Afroking_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Planar Chaos... Reply with quote

What cards does this deck gain from PC. Is Akroma, Angel of Fury viable? I think that card will help a faster win, especially if it is blinked end of opponents turn.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

As for ppl saying that we shouldn´t criticize a guy that made top9 in last worlds, i think that's stupid.
(e.g) I've played 2 times against Paulo Carvalho, a portuguese guy that made top8 at worlds and i've won both times, and i don´t think that he have better playing skills that some ppl at magic-league have, so don´t say that cuz a guy made a great performance at worlds shouldn't be criticized. That's lamme. But critics should be made in a constructive way.

P.s : Pardon my french.
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that this deck gets raped hard by MGA. MGA just sits back drops excellerants up the ass and bounces all its lands with scryb so they don't ever die and laughs at the decks face as it beats em down with cloaked, giant growthed, any pumped creatures.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4