Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the BCS is crap

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
nasa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i think that florida should be in the championship regardless of if i think UM is a better team UM got their chance to beat the buckeyes once, and despite the buckeyes playing their 2nd worst game of the season, they won. so all the wolverines will have to bite the bullet knowing they lost their chance
also if UM was in the championship game and won, who would be national champion? OSU has better stats up and down than UM and both would be 12-1 and each beating each other once.

but the fact that auburn and wisconsin both got snubbed out of the BCS and the Irish (who everyone on television felates even though they are not that good, yes quinn and samarga are good, but the team overall isnt.) Notre Dame doesnt join a conferance for multiple reasons,
1. they would most likely join the big 10
2. they would prolly only be the 3/4th best team in the big 10.
3. they would have to play more good opp than they normally do (see airforce/army)
4. they wouldnt ever get a chance to be in a BCS bowl bc of the 2 team rule (which needs to change)
5. they would have to share all of their money from bowls etc. with the big ten and they are greedy.
6. playing better teams all year would show the nation that ND is ALWAYS over ranked.

i think all of these are valid points.

ND doesnt deserve this bowl. the only good teams they played they got owned by.
and we will all see on their bowl game how over ranked they always are.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nasa wrote:
yea i think that florida should be in the championship regardless of if i think UM is a better team UM got their chance to beat the buckeyes once, and despite the buckeyes playing their 2nd worst game of the season, they won. so all the wolverines will have to bite the bullet knowing they lost their chance
also if UM was in the championship game and won, who would be national champion? OSU has better stats up and down than UM and both would be 12-1 and each beating each other once.

The differences would be these: lack of home field advantage, and knowing that the game is for the national championship.

First of all, anyone who watches OSU-UM games year after year knows how important the home field advantage factor is. UM came into OSU, on a field that clearly was way more slick and gave less traction than expected (watch the game again and count how many Michigan defenders slipped on the two big runs up the middle for TDs) Having another game on neutral territory would take this advantage away.

Second of all, Michigan nearly beat Ohio State. A three point margin is the closest game either team has had all season. This tells me that they are evenly matched. In no way, shape, or form did that game convince me thoroughly that Ohio State is the better team, especially not with all the advantages that home field gave them that day. Let them play again.

And oh, by the way, there have been other years when the national champion had to play a team that it already faced. The only reason there's a problem this year is because this is the first time in history that an interconference game between two undefeated teams happened with both teams not having any more games to play. If Michigan wins they can be co-national champions. Whatever. Just let these two sick teams play again, and enjoy the chance to watch such a great matchup.
nasa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the field comment is a null point
that field was brand new and the first time any OSU players stepped on it was the morning of the game so dont give me that was an advantage, they both got on the brand new turf the same time and played on the same field.

also yes michigan lost by 3 points, however keep this in mind, only during ONE posession during the second half was michigan able to take the lead, osu was in control for most of the game, and home field does help but that doesnt change the fact that the last 2 times we went to ann arbor we won.

also OSU had THREE turnovers to michigans 0 2 of the turnovers were on our side of the field giving michigan points automatically.
the fact is, we made more mistakes this game than all season, and michigan played a great game and still lost.

michigan is the second best team in the nation i wont disagree, but OSU played our worst game of the season, gave michigan 3 turnovers and 500 yards offense, including your best player having 140 of his own and you still lost
the fact is, your best couldnt beat our worst.
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laplie wrote:
sonicqaz wrote:
I have been reading these posts and I am laughing so hard it is pathetic.

First of all, the reason Wisconsin is not in a BCS Bowl is because there is a rule that says no more than two schools from the same conference in the BCS Bowl games.

You obv haven't been reading cause that was brought up very early. The point wasn't "why isn't wisconsin in a bowl" but "wisconsin SHOULD be in a bowl and the rule not allowing them is stupid"

Well, even if the rule isn't there, Wisconsin still shouldn't be in a BCS bowl! I can name 20 teams or more who would go AT LEAST 11-1 if they played that same horrible schedule. The Badgers didn't exert themselves in the schedule making process and they lost to the only good team they played.

As for the people saying Michigan is the #2 team and they should be in the title game over Florida, I have one more point. Even if you think that Michigan is the second best team in the country, they have still acomplished less than the Gators have. You may not think the Gators have as good a chance to beat OSU as Michigan (and you would be wrong), but when you acomplish more on the field than the other team then you DESERVE the chance to prove doubters wrong.

That's why the Gators are in the title game. If you don't like it, don't watch the game.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2