Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBC that doesn't suck

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Bozo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow lands? If He's got enough draw, why add scrying sheets? He has 6 cards that let him draw an extra card every turn, and he likes swamps (Lots of cards with bb in the cost, tendrils) and he's definitely not cutting factories, so I'd say snow engine is unnecessary. He has puh-lenty of life gain, Consume spirit, Soul Spike, Tendrils. Gauntlet of Power is slow and clunky, Plague Boiler is terrible, Putrefy is unnecessary.
The only thing I see about the deck I don't like is smallpox, because you don't really have any way to abuse it, it-s just a 1 for 1, and could be worse if they have reanimation, haakon, flagstones or whatever. I'd just run like, Last gasp or something instead. Oh, and 4 persecutes seems like 1 to many, but I could be wrong.
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought Bottled Cloister was just a way to lose your entire hand.....
Stinky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all it is sonicqaz. In a deck without any way to protect it all that card does is lose your hand when it gets disenchanted/krosan gripped.
h0m3r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinky wrote:
That is all it is sonicqaz. In a deck without any way to protect it all that card does is lose your hand when it gets disenchanted/krosan gripped.

when you're running a shit load of discard, you can safely say that cloister's protected....

re: snow lands.... are you losing something by not playing them? if not, you might as well run a scrying sheets engine.

in nah's deck however he's playing urza's factory, and the tendrils of corruption and consume spirit in the deck mean basically that any more non-swamp lands in the deck would be a bad idea. so the question is: factories vs sheets? in mbc, i think the factories have to win it because you also have arena
Apos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg u still dont got it
why should he run snow if he does he has to cut black sources
and it still wouldnt be all that good with only 20 snow permanents
he wont cut urzas factory for sheets or mouth cause its just plain better! got it ? good so shut up

their are things on the deck i just dont understand
why 4 soulspike and only 3 tendrils
i played soulspike and it really hurts to chump those 2 BLACK cards
i would defenetly switch those numbers

also like another guy said 4 persecutes looks abit much
but i could be wrong Very Happy

well the rest looks fine i think ill try that out
h0m3r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apos wrote:
omg u still dont got it
why should he run snow if he does he has to cut black sources
and it still wouldnt be all that good with only 20 snow permanents
he wont cut urzas factory for sheets or mouth cause its just plain better! got it ? good so shut up

that's what i just said, except more intelligibly
Apos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i played a couple of games with the deck
its funny and good but not more

instant critter hurts the phyrexian totem Very Happy

small pox screwes u over sumtimes

etc. but no idea what to change to make it better maybe this is top for mbc and its jsut not possible to make it better :-/
also i like the cloister main allot once u draw 3 cards a turn its really hard to loose Smile
Shivan1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you all forgetting the best card MBC has for it right now...

TWISTED ABOMINATION - Mana fixer, lets you splash in a color or two with EASE and still have swamps for tendrils of corruption, which I feel is an amazingly underrated card.
Shivan1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you retarded? seriously?
Mirage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can relate to the original post, i also like to play control decks with win conditions that are only around as long as they are getting cast. Though Phyrexian Totem is good it isn't good on it's own. Also, 4 Persecute is too much.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3