Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

u/w control sb

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: u/w control sb Reply with quote

Before you bash the deck, a couple of things: I am still testing, but i don't want to change the main deck. Spell Snare and D-light have both been hated on before but so far are serving me well. Windreaver is also holding his ground. I have tested against 3 boros, 2 gruul, 1 zoo, 2 glare, 1 land.dec, 1 solar flare (I think, not too sure about the list on this one -enlighten me- ), 2 dragonstorm, 1 r/g ld, and 3 r/w/x firemane control decks. my losses were to 1 boros, 1 solar flare, and the ld. both boros wins were outright decided by well timed wrath's and fetters, i'm not so sure my match-up is good there. I just lost handily to land destruction, so right now that is the deck i am most scared of.

I really need help with a sb to suit the meta i'm seeing (or missing). Here's the list.

//NAME: uw control 2
3 Repeal
3 Devouring Light
3 Faith's Fetters
4 Wrath of God
3 Spell Snare
4 Remand
4 Cancel
4 Rewind
4 Think Twice
1 Whispers of the Muse
2 Sacred Mesa
2 Windreaver
SB: 1 Feldon's Cane
SB: 1 Spell Snare
SB: 1 Faith's Fetters
SB: 3 Mana Leak
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 Circle of Protection: Red
SB: 3 Disenchant
1 Urza's Factory
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Adarkar Wastes
3 Azorius Chancery
7 Island
4 Plains

the cop red's in the sb are just general hosers for anything red including dragonstorm, but i usually beat d-storm g1 anyway.

disenchant is just a good answer

crypt hasn't seen any action since it's addition

cane is a last minute choice for use in a control mirror (aka jank)

the rest of that trash is also for control or burn or any decks w/o creatures, it just get's rid of dead wrath's and d-lights

i know this sucks so help me out.
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good answer
ty

so 4 sacred ground. any other suggestions?
nasa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rather than crypt, i believe morotorium stone, is just a flat out better card, it very much owns snow white, and against flare you really only have to remove 2 cards at best.
Blah234

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't Extended. You don't need to RFG the whole grave. Plus Moratorium can keep RFGing cards until the end of the game or it's killed or Fettered. Tormod can RFG the grave once and that's it (They'll just abuse the grave right after) and there is Trickbind for Crypt.

Also, Devouring Light over Condemn? I don't see why that choice is better
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nephilim207 wrote:
If you're afraid of Land destruction, why not run Sacred Ground?

because they run BOUNCE?
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d-light over condemn is a personal choice and it has won a couple match ups and lost a couple. imo, d-light has definitavely won more games than the choice against condemn has lost. that aside, gimme a 15 card sb that will work well for this deck
dv8r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...ok, I'm sry about this but I have to disagree with a lot of what has been said here. I don't get the absence of condemn, prahv, flagstones or rune snag main, but it's your decision and you didn't ask for md help

your side should have 2-3 answers to demonfire, the 4th fetters and probably some form of dragonstorm hate (whether trickbind [it hurts mono white tron too] or cop red). I don't believe you need sacred ground side, but if you must.... by far the best answers to solar flare are mimeofacture and annex, not graveyard hate. Disenchant is unnecessary if you run repeal imho.

This is how I would side, but feel free to disagree.

2 Ivory Mask/Commandeer
3 Mimeofacture
1 Faith's fetters
1 Repeal
1 Spell Snare
3 Teferi
2 Cop: Red
2 Sacred Ground
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dv8r i'll use that as a starting point for more testing. i don't really think i need help with dragonstorm though, aside from cop red in for spell snare. mask i suppose would be a good anti demonfire card. teferi seems good for the mirror. not sure how well mimeofacture works but i'll test it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1