Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GREATEST FIGHTING GAME EVER?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

What is the greatest fighting game ever?
Street Fighter
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Mortal Kombat
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Tekken
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Marvel vs Capcom
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Dead or Alive
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

MTGFAN911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super smash brothers than mortal combat.. Ive spent days playing those with friends.
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing better then a smash bro tourny. 12 guys, 42 comps, one ring....

xD
snoopster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssb:melee is by far the best all time, but it's far newer than the others and really a completely different game, so it cannot be compared.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... I'm a little old school. I'd have to say I'm a fan of Mario Bros. Not that "super" shit.. just good ol' mario.... But more recently, Tekken and MK 1 and 3 were Fucking Qwsome
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liqu1dblue wrote:
MvC2 hands down.

There is no other fighter out there that is as technically complicated as MvC2.

Still playing, and still learning new things today.

You will never master that game. It was like 4 years old before people figured out fly/unfly mode, dash cancel, and how to Guardbreak off throw resets. I played for money back in the day and still could never master pushguarding into a superjump out of Sentinal traps and such, the timing is so insane.
On a related note I could probobaly beat most money players in the country with a team of Megaman/Servbot/Tronne in my day. I also pioneered the Megaman 100% throw reset air combo. Man I am such a nerd for that game too bad noone can even give me a descent game anymore I got so good.
ShadowS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Calibur series is the best. I've never seen such a balanced and indepth engine created for a fighting game. I used to love street fighter, but it just pales in comparison.

One game I really loved on playstation was Fighter Maker. It was insanely rare to come by, but it was halarious. It was the tekken engine, except you created all the moves yourself frame by frame. I had a throw where you folded the guy into a baseket ball, dribble him around and slam dunk him into the floor. Took me a half an hour to create. Of course, most of our moves had sexual innuendo.
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFXII shout out
Stinky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Caliber 2 is pretty widely accepted as one of the best games out there. I never had a game cube and simply forgot to put it on the list because I never played it as much as I did the others.

As soon as you put super smash brothers on a list it beats the shit out of anything it is up against. You could put it up for best sports game and people would still vote for it. I consider SSB more of a party game than a fighting game since the items, while very fun, provide pretty much the only break in a somewhat unexciting fighting engine. If you take out the items, your left with a pretty simple fighting engine. Not to say that two people who are very good can't still have fun, but without items, I dont see the same depth as most competitive fighting games.
Void06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel Vs. Capcom > Tekken and SF. Dead or Alive is a joke, and Mortal Kombat is just classic
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is obviously tekken. But now the more important question, which version of tekken was the best. My personal favorite has to be tekken 3, but my buddy swears by Tekken Tag, and my gf loves Tekken 5 (It's the pretties).

The others simply dont compare, and are only getting sentimental votes.

And on the matter of sc...that is the biggest button masher of all time. Tekken requires some skill, SC just requires a palm ready to pound every button on the controller. Boring.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MvC2 is the best
Street Fighter Alpha 3 is 2nd
Capcom vs. SNK 2 is 3rd
Then Tekken #whatever
Then Street Fighter 3
There is a reason those are the ones people play for money most often even though they are older then hell.
but in all fairness you can't really compare 2d and 3d fighting games

Soul Caliber is garbage, it's like Tekken Lite for button mashers. Out of bounds? Are you serious?
Stinky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that character looks pretty broken. Stuff like that and captain falcon in the original smash bros just make the game less fun to play :-/. I dunno how many people can combo like that but it definitely looks as though it's damn near impossible to stop once it starts.
Klos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!! DEAD OR ALIVE 2!!!

ITS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Tekken is the shit, SF old school and MvsC is just additional to SF with broken combos....
smash brothers is good too....
and NO! I dont like to argue with u except u have been to a japanese arcade and placed at least 3rd in it!!
Forgiv em for they not know what they re doing
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who plays beat 'em ups competitively?! That's what Starcraft is for >.<
Klos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC =/= beat em up!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3