Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

@#$%$#^

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Which deck is better?
Snowy MGA
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Speedy MGA
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

iKe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal with squall line? And why doesn't either list have Blanchwood Armor? And why does the speedy one Have Boreal Druid over Llanowar Elves?

Newayz They are both very similar decks. There's no reason why the speedy one would be better than the snow one except that you changed the deck lists around. You could make the snow one exactly like the speedy one just with the advantage of scrying sheets, boreal druid etc...
iKe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvishGod wrote:
squall lines owns Fireman Angel and Angel of Despair, and gets some damage off.

very good, might run more; it's saved my ass

Isn't Crash Landing better for those reasons? It can't kill 2 angels at ones but it's alot less mana
Wiley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Vinelasher Kudzu calls for terramorphic expanse Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

hell, even bouncelands are good for that, which essentially read 'give +1+1 to kudzu every turn'

but alas you're not building around it
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just played MGA at states yesterday and i disagree with both of these builds, no offense.... first and foremost, you dont need that many lands, with all the acceleration, the yavi dryad is a 2/1 for 3, sure, but it helps you ramp AND it thins your deck, for better draws... the squall line is unnecessary b/c they should be dead by the time an angel of despair hits, if they're not, then you're playing green wrong, sorry.... me and my friend have been working on MGA for awhile now and he actually top 8'd with it, and i came damn close.... i wenet 6-3, the 3 losses were to a) blue/white control, my deck took a crap on me, b) BDW, raped him game 1 like i should, game 2, couldnt draw a creature, game 3, same thing... and then round 9, i have to win to even come close to top 8, and i play some random jank 4 color control bullsh!t deck where he topdecks EVERYTHING he needs, i had him at 4 life 6 dif. times, and he pulls heirarchs every single time.... i call shannigans but w/e... he beats me, to be 7-2 and hits 10th place so as sad as it sounds, im glad he didnt top 8, but back to the whole green build.... the best green is stompy and you're running way too many lands for that
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok ok, TOO SLOW!

why moldervine cloak and blanchwood are the shit: BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SHIT!!!!1!11

ZOMG CARD ADVANTAGE 2 FOR 1 TRADES OH NOES WHAT AM I GONNA DO!?!?!?!? IM GONNA BWNSE YOU FOR 4 ON TURN 3!!!

YOU NEED TO GET SOME SELF ESTEEM BIZZNATCH! YOU NEED SOMEONE WHO DOESNT CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT HIM!! SOMEONE LIKE SILHANA LEDGEWALKER!!!!!1!!11111!ONE!!
TURN ONE FOREST GO
TURN TWO SILHANA LEDGEWALKER GO
TURN THREE BLANCHWOOD ARMOR SWING FOR 4 GO
TURN FOUR FOREST BLANCHWOOD #2 SWING FOR 9 GO!
TURN FIVE FUCKING WRATH IS GAY YOU NOOB TOPDECKING BASTARD I HATE YOU NOOB WRATH GO!

anyways, stonewood invocation=the shit, silhana ledgewalker=the shit, shielding plax in the SB=not a bad idea (actually it kinda is but watv) SEE WHERE IM GOING HERE!?!?!?! ZOMG!!?!?!? TARGET THINGS DIE SPLASH RED FOR BLOOD MOON VS.CONTROL/3 COLOUR DECKS BUT WRATH>YOUR FACE THO SO DONT PLAY MGA UNLESS ITS FASTER THAN GRUUL KTHXBAI!
Splunge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvishGod, you've lost my trust mate

Last edited by Splunge on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is why you get evasion!! silhana ledgewalker+moldervine=the techz0r. anyways stonewood is techage, but might of oaks? i dunno.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell happened to this post?
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EG was thinking for himself again
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvishGod wrote:
BigShow wrote:

i almost nonconformed again =[

what did i say about thinking?
Paellin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still <3 you EG
Manipulation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigShow wrote:
ElvishGod wrote:
BigShow wrote:

i almost nonconformed again =[

what did i say about thinking?

Goddammit...I LOVE cheese.
Stinky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what this forum needs?

A decklist
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2