Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fungus Fire

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Saga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Fungus Fire Reply with quote

I Have been testing fungus fire since it made second in a trial awhile back. From my experience it beats every aggro deck and 50 - 50 against most decks with blue. Seeing the deck place first in this trial makes it clear that this is a competetive deck and we should try and build the best version possible. Here's my list:

//NAME: Fungus Fire
// Lands
3 Sacred Foundry
4 Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree
2 Selesnya Sanctuary
2 Boros Garrison
2 Stomping Ground
4 Flagstones of Trokair
2 Brushland
4 Temple Garden
3 Selesnya Signet
2 Boros Signet
1 Gruul Turf
// Creatures
4 Loxodon Hierarch
1 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
4 Firemane Angel
2 Wood Elves
// Spells
1 Devouring Light
2 Seed Spark
2 Faith's Fetters
1 Sacred Mesa
1 Sulfurous Blast
1 Chastise
4 Wrath of God
3 Sunforger
4 Lightning Helix
1 Odds/Ends
// Sideboard
SB: 2 Faith's Fetters
SB: 1 Seed Spark
SB: 2 Circle of Protection: Red
SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 2 Condemn
SB: 1 Return to Dust
SB: 2 Bottled Cloister
SB: 3 Guerrilla Tactics
// Lands

Suggestions, comments. Please feel free.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like Dodecapod a lot better than Guerilla Tactics against discard. Five damage is better than 4. Discarding a Dodecapod for their first Smallpox is usually gg unless they have another one...
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: mm Reply with quote

sorry i dont see how this is 50-50 vs most control decks... i know the vitu-ghazi thing is pretty top notch but they resolve their mesa against you its pretty obvious they have that advantage... i think that this deck is really fun to play because its a midrange sorta combo sorta not etc.. kinda deck... but i dont see it winning much at champs. i think a good one of in the s/b or maybe main would be angels grace or lumenesce to counter dragonstorm ... i dont know im lost on this deck... all i can tell you is that your not goinf to be able to win 6 rounds of swiss in a row with it without tons of luck... and if you arent looking at champs your matchups on magic league may also be hard fought because, as is the case, champs will be bases solely on magic-league decks...
killakiwi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

29 lands is a lot. Switch out for some signets if you need that many mana sources to speed it up.
killakiwi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O sorry didnt see the 5 signets in here. i should quit life.
monkeywrench

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunforger is insane in this format, it gets constant helix and makes it impossible for your opponent to attack if its equiped
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1